Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Thought About Trump and the Press....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A Thought About Trump and the Press.... Aaron Scott
It came to me the other day what the problem is between Trump and the press. I imagine most of us agree that Trump can be petty and foolish by spending seemingly so much time on lashing out. But notice something....

The press is not trying to CORRECT Trump. They're not trying to PERSUADE Trump. Their trying to DESTROY Trump.

Read the various headlines and you will find that, far more often than not, it seems, the headlines are designed to BELITTLE Trump, tell everyone what an idiot he is, how he is ruining the world, etc.

In a way, we deserve it, of course. After all, Fox News wasn't trying to persuade Obama, etc. They were engaged in a similar exercise--which was basically to make Obama seem unfit for office or the enemy of America. This, too, was nonsense. And Fake News (why is that so much of Fake News is from the conservative side???) was often pushed. There would be breathless posts or reports about how Obama was actually a Muslim, was not even born in the U.S., was going to take our guns, was plotting with Muslim countries to destroy America, would declare martial law in order to take control of America, etc.

So, yeah, we deserve what we (those who support Trump--at least to some extent) have coming. But in any case, I felt I was finally able to put my finger on the matter. It goes far beyond just disagreeing. It goes to an attempt to utterly eviscerate a president.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/10/18 12:25 pm

Post Cojak
I hope some conservative Democrats are getting a little sick of the continued belittlement as I did Obama. I think they are. When even Former President Carter will take time to say the press is unfair to Trump.

I personally got sick of the continued 'silly' prophesies that Obama was going to declare himself King, at least declare martial law, etc.

Actually Trump is a bigger target, he has a 'real' degree in something, but the vocabulary of a 5th grader. He comes across as not only narcissistic but ignorant. The man is 'completely self centered' ain't no doubt about it, but ignorant? no way. You do not go from millionaire to Billionaire being ignorant. No matter how you do it.

Obama had some successes they say, but if so we Republicans came back with Bush set it up for him.

Now with Trumps successes (that are not touted too much) the Dems will say They set it up for him.

Yeah, I am a little sick of politics as usual on the Dems side, but like it or not with Trump it ain't politics as usual!

And yes we deserve some of the kick back, but you must admit it is 90% of the media against him openly where only one Media seemed to take pot shots at Obama.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/10/18 12:50 pm

Post UncleJD
We have moved beyond criticism into an outright war of ideologies. There is no more dialogue between the two parties. I can't see this getting better without divine intervention. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/18 12:58 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
We have moved beyond criticism into an outright war of ideologies. There is no more dialogue between the two parties. I can't see this getting better without divine intervention.

That is a little deep JD, but you could be absolutely right. From what I understand one of the networks TWITTER Accounts said of Oprah, 'OUR president just spoke' after some speech.

If true youcan't be more true in your statement. Shocked
1/10/18 1:06 pm

Post Re: A Thought About Trump and the Press.... diakoneo
Aaron Scott wrote:
It came to me the other day what the problem is between Trump and the press. I imagine most of us agree that Trump can be petty and foolish by spending seemingly so much time on lashing out. But notice something....

The press is not trying to CORRECT Trump. They're not trying to PERSUADE Trump. Their trying to DESTROY Trump.

Read the various headlines and you will find that, far more often than not, it seems, the headlines are designed to BELITTLE Trump, tell everyone what an idiot he is, how he is ruining the world, etc.

In a way, we deserve it, of course. After all, Fox News wasn't trying to persuade Obama, etc. They were engaged in a similar exercise--which was basically to make Obama seem unfit for office or the enemy of America. This, too, was nonsense. And Fake News (why is that so much of Fake News is from the conservative side???) was often pushed. There would be breathless posts or reports about how Obama was actually a Muslim, was not even born in the U.S., was going to take our guns, was plotting with Muslim countries to destroy America, would declare martial law in order to take control of America, etc.

So, yeah, we deserve what we (those who support Trump--at least to some extent) have coming. But in any case, I felt I was finally able to put my finger on the matter. It goes far beyond just disagreeing. It goes to an attempt to utterly eviscerate a president.

Aaron believe or not I agree with you here. I see this (to some extent though not completely) as reaping what was sown the previous 8 years. However I don't think we would have a Trump president if we had not had an Obama president.

I do think Trump knows how to play the media. Yesterday's meeting where it appeared he might buckle and NOT build a wall has thrown the hound dogs off. If he is crazy as they seem to want everyone to believe, he is crazy like a fox Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/18 11:26 pm

Post bonnie knox
Aaron, there are conspiratorial fringes on both sides of the aisle, but I don't think that before now I've ever seen what is going on now with major news outlets. I think that's because Trump is more willing than any other president we've had to get down and wallow in the mud with them.
From my perspective, it's like watching the class bully and the other most annoying class twerp arguing on the playground. What's funny is that the press seems to be a little blind to how transparent their biases are. Perhaps in some cases, they don't even realize how biased they are. One thing a journalist shouldn't want to do is make the story about himself, and it seems Trump brings that out in so many of the people who are posing as journalists. It's all a bit amusing in a twisted way.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/11/18 10:13 am

Post Before the Civil War... Aaron Scott
By the time the American Civil War began, the press on both sides of the issue had become so poisonous that there was no room for any compromise.

I imagine we all agree that slavery was not something we should compromise about--it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. BUT...was it 600,000 dead men wrong? Was it decades and decades and decades of continued bitterness and prejudice?

I have wondered whether a different approach than civil war might have allowed things to change with so much less malice, division, and racial hatred.... No one deserved to be a slave for even a moment longer. But in truth, the blacks remained enslaved, except under the names of sharecropping and discrimination and Jim Crow and terroristic covens like the KKK and attempts to exclude their vote, etc.

Reconstruction likely played a large role in how the south came to respond to it all, but there would never PERHAPS have been a war, and thus never a Reconstruction, had we found a way to talk, to reason, to compromise.

But the press had twisted everyone's opinions such that there was no room for maneuver--we had devolved into ignorant stereotypes of Southerners and Yankees.

Even today, there are issues on which no one would compromise. I use this only as an example (and am not trying to make any sort of argument or appeal), but consider whether you would accept the following compromise on abortion:

In return for the pro-choice side agreeing no abortions AT ALL after 6 weeks, our side agrees to allow abortions before 6 weeks. Oh, and ONLY abortions that are due to rape, incest, a risk of the mother's life, or dread disease. In other words, no "lifestyle" abortions...and ONLY up to the 6th week. Would you agree? Some might. I imagine most of us, thinking that fighting against ANY abortion is better than accepting SOME abortion, would not.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/11/18 12:38 pm

Post Re: Before the Civil War... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
By the time the American Civil War began, the press on both sides of the issue had become so poisonous that there was no room for any compromise.

I imagine we all agree that slavery was not something we should compromise about--it was just wrong, wrong, wrong. BUT...was it 600,000 dead men wrong? Was it decades and decades and decades of continued bitterness and prejudice?

I have wondered whether a different approach than civil war might have allowed things to change with so much less malice, division, and racial hatred.... No one deserved to be a slave for even a moment longer. But in truth, the blacks remained enslaved, except under the names of sharecropping and discrimination and Jim Crow and terroristic covens like the KKK and attempts to exclude their vote, etc.

Reconstruction likely played a large role in how the south came to respond to it all, but there would never PERHAPS have been a war, and thus never a Reconstruction, had we found a way to talk, to reason, to compromise.

But the press had twisted everyone's opinions such that there was no room for maneuver--we had devolved into ignorant stereotypes of Southerners and Yankees.

Even today, there are issues on which no one would compromise. I use this only as an example (and am not trying to make any sort of argument or appeal), but consider whether you would accept the following compromise on abortion:

In return for the pro-choice side agreeing no abortions AT ALL after 6 weeks, our side agrees to allow abortions before 6 weeks. Oh, and ONLY abortions that are due to rape, incest, a risk of the mother's life, or dread disease. In other words, no "lifestyle" abortions...and ONLY up to the 6th week. Would you agree? Some might. I imagine most of us, thinking that fighting against ANY abortion is better than accepting SOME abortion, would not.

'
I find many good 'sounding arguments' about my feelings of abortion concerning a situation of rape. If my wife , daughter, grand daughter was raped, I would agree with abortion, NOT FORCE IT. I have no problem with people who think I am crazy or unChristian. That is their prerogative. It is still my stand and my position. You would NEVER get agreement on such an issue. Although I think you should. It just won't happen. Crying or Very sad

Since I do not know anyone who has had an abortion, my feelings are only speculation. I have never faced that particular problem.

Whether anyone would agree with it or not, the position you mention would same millions of unborn children. Shocked
1/11/18 9:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic