Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Former COG, Now Pastors Metropolitan Comm Church in Baton Rouge (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Former COG, Now Pastors Metropolitan Comm Church in Baton Rouge (L) Old Time Country Preacher
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jzAmKDGkI Acts-pert Poster
1/5/18 12:22 pm

Post Da Sheik
I knew you probably had an angle by posting this link. Didn't take long for me to see what was going on once I heard him speak. Thus, leading me to google the church. One of the first results from my search was " church for gay people". Acts Enthusiast
1/5/18 2:20 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Metropolitan Community Church is a pro-lgbtq organization. They got churches in a number a cities. Acts-pert Poster
1/5/18 2:28 pm

Post Da Sheik
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Metropolitan Community Church is a pro-lgbtq organization. They got churches in a number a cities.

I see that. We have a United Methodist church here that is the flagship rainbow church for those of that persuasion. Their motto is "inclusion" but in my experience they are quite hostile to those who are not pro-homosexual in their views.
Acts Enthusiast
1/5/18 2:36 pm

Post Metropolitan Community Church ... Mat
Metropolitan Community Church has been discussed on this forum in the past. Its "founder", Troy Perry, was a Pentecostal preacher/pastor in both COG and COGOP. Both denominations had the good since to "expel" him once his hidden life style was revealed. Perry started an openly gay affirming church in the late 1960s (LA, Hollywood, West Hollywood, area). He, under the banner of "faith community leader" has led the charge down to the sewer of hell itself. What is sad is many of the mainline denominations which once opposed his lifestyle as sin are now following down the same road to the same sewer. There is a litany of historic churches, colleges and ministers that have chosen to be inclusive in a prevented expression of what they call "Christian love." Perry was the first major stone in the landslide of apostasy that is ushering in a new "dark ages" of Christianity, or he is a harbinger of the great falling away before the second coming of Christ.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/5/18 4:15 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have some very close family members who were raised AG and CG who are now in the MC in one case and in the Unitarian Universalist organization in the other. I can’t properly express how much it grieves me. I fear that they have fallen away to the point of being past hope. Nothing seems to get through to someone who is committed to defending their sin instead of repenting of it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/18 4:45 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic