Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Secrecy in New pastor selection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SouthFloridaman
Delete Friendly Face
1/18/18 1:35 pm

Post Cojak
I sent my pastor preference to the church Clerk. I was told it must be sent to the State Overseer by Sunday afternoon 3PM. So I readdressed the e-mail and sent it to the State office.

The qualifications for voters is:
1. Over 16
2. Active tithe payer
3. Tithe payers not members can express their preference, but tithing members will decide the vote.

Since my youth all members were allowed to vote, but of course everyone knew the tithe paying members votes were given more weight.

Is that standard? I have known good members who NEVER filled out a tithe envelope due the feeling/belief they had about not giving openly.

But that aside, is it the practice to now announce only tithe payers may vote?

Just curious, Since tithing is still not a test of membership.
Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/19/18 11:13 pm

Post Cojak
The last tryout was today. I was told just now that he preached until 12:30. I doubt if he will get the job. I am glad I have already voted, The man must not know the scripture. I am sure somewhere in there it says church should be dismissed at 12 noon. I thought everyone knew that.
I think it should be in the declaration of faith! Smile Smile Wink

This candidate was added this week. They are supposed to take the vote tonight. I do pray that the will of God will be done.

Our associate is in the running and I would like to see him get the pastorate. He resigned this size church to take a sabbatical, then accepted the associate's job at E. Belmont after a few months. I just know he is ready to step back up to the plate.

As always, please pray with the church. THANKS

I am not familiar with Bro. Bell's practice of announcing the assignment (time frame after the vote). Does any of YOU NC pastors know? Confused
1/21/18 4:22 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
In my experience, it is common that tithe-paying members only have a say in what happens. I think it comes down to what the overseer wants/feels is best. Perhaps the members' vote is to confirm or deny that. It wouldn't make much sense to send someone the people don't want, although I am sure it happens.

Sorry, I am in ENC, so I don't know of Dr Bell's procedure. However, if you have his e-mail address, why don't you just email him and ask him to let you know once it's been announced (especially if you're out of state)? If you care enough to tithe and vote when you aren't there, that seems reasonable to me. Smile
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/21/18 6:34 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
In my experience, it is common that tithe-paying members only have a say in what happens. I think it comes down to what the overseer wants/feels is best. Perhaps the members' vote is to confirm or deny that. It wouldn't make much sense to send someone the people don't want, although I am sure it happens.

Sorry, I am in ENC, so I don't know of Dr Bell's procedure. However, if you have his e-mail address, why don't you just email him and ask him to let you know once it's been announced (especially if you're out of state)? If you care enough to tithe and vote when you aren't there, that seems reasonable to me. Smile

I will probably do that tomorrow CArolyn, thanks for reading LOL

We are sorta of weird. I sign all our offerings and tithe as 'The gypsy members.' (Sherry requires me write a letter every month.) I sure wish they had giving via the internet. Smile Cool
1/22/18 12:18 am

Post Cojak
I had a call from one of the men of the church. It was announced that Bro. DAnny Peterson got 63% of the vote, closest runner up was 35%. Pastoral appointment was not announced.

We are waiting answers. We did vote for Danny, he has worked for 3 years as our assistant and has done an outstanding job. The transition has not been handled well, no matter who gets the nod the church will lose some folk.

It does hurt, I can remember when most appointments were accepted and usually considered 'His Will'. Now for good or bad, we members feel we should have more input.

That said we haven't always been Gypsy members, our hearts and finances are still with a church we love. We do pray for the church and attend when we are in the area. Our life style has changed but we still have close ties to the church.
1/22/18 10:50 am

Post Cojak
One last entry here, Bro Danny Peterson was appointed as pastor of the East Belmont Church of God., Belmont, NC.

Of course I am happy and pray Brother Danny and the church will go forward. I guess all transitions have their problems (Large or small) we are praying for God's blessings on the appointment. Bro Ken Bell made a wise decision in my opinion.

Thanks for all the prayers and comments here. I did/do appreciate them. Cool
1/23/18 1:23 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
we haven't always been Gypsy members.

This Roma lifestyle you an momma Cojaks been a livin is gonna have to be traded in fer a less mobile, more permanent, one. That way, hey, you won't have to git a phone call from a church member whats givin ya third or fourth hand information. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
1/23/18 3:14 pm

Post Cojak
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Cojak wrote:

This Roma lifestyle you an momma Cojaks been a livin is gonna have to be traded in fer a less mobile, more permanent, one. That way, hey, you won't have to git a phone call from a church member whats givin ya third or fourth hand information. Wink

My dear brother, that verification was an e-mail. Straight from the Church secretary. Informing Me, a very important member, That I had a new pastor. She hinted it would be good not to attend, continue sending in the finances. This was since the new pastor KNEW ME!

Mama is 80, next year I will reach that bench mark. Yeah, it is approaching that time. BUT NOT YET! There is one more hill to climb to see the other side.

BUT thanks for thinking about me, or is it the other drivers on the road you wish to protect? Shocked Love you dude!
1/23/18 10:15 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Cojak wrote:

My dear brother, that verification was an e-mail. Straight from the Church secretary. Informing Me, a very important member, That I had a new pastor. She hinted it would be good not to attend, continue sending in the finances. This was since the new pastor KNEW ME!

Mama is 80, next year I will reach that bench mark. Yeah, it is approaching that time. BUT NOT YET! There is one more hill to climb to see the other side.

BUT thanks for thinking about me, or is it the other drivers on the road you wish to protect? Shocked Love you dude!

I'm a joshin with ya, Cojak. Son, y'all keep on truckin long as ya able.
Acts-pert Poster
1/23/18 11:23 pm

Post bonnie knox
You know, I'm the world's worst for trying to interpret when I hear two folks talking to each other.
I'm going to preface my remarks with a little incident that happened to a friend of mine. His son had a reaction to an anesthetic and was sent to the ICU. My friend began fasting and praying. I don't remember the exact amount of time--seems like it might have been a day or 2 later. The son was still in ICU and my friend said he heard the Lord telling him his son was "going home today." It scared him at first, he said, because he figured if his son was still in ICU, he would not have time to get well enough to go to his physical, earthly home in one day. As it turned, out, the son was released from the hospital that very day and returned to his physical, earthly home.
Now, I just think maybe Ole Timer might clarify about "permanent." Is he just saying when Cojak settles down enough to grow a garden where he has to fight the vermin and the weather, or is he saying when Cojak settles down where there ain't no vermin and bad weather atall?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/24/18 2:25 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
You know, I'm the world's worst for trying to interpret when I hear two folks talking to each other.
I'm going to preface my remarks with a little incident that happened to a friend of mine. His son had a reaction to an anesthetic and was sent to the ICU. My friend began fasting and praying. I don't remember the exact amount of time--seems like it might have been a day or 2 later. The son was still in ICU and my friend said he heard the Lord telling him his son was "going home today." It scared him at first, he said, because he figured if his son was still in ICU, he would not have time to get well enough to go to his physical, earthly home in one day. As it turned, out, the son was released from the hospital that very day and returned to his physical, earthly home.
Now, I just think maybe Ole Timer might clarify about "permanent." Is he just saying when Cojak settles down enough to grow a garden where he has to fight the vermin and the weather, or is he saying when Cojak settles down where there ain't no vermin and bad weather atall?
Shocked Shocked Idea Smile
1/24/18 3:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic