Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

An easy free ministry that will bless you

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post An easy free ministry that will bless you Preacher777
I realize churches have different visions but I want to encourage every pastor or layperson to consider visiting an assisted living/nursing home during the Christmas season or another time. Regardless of the church vision and priorities this can be done by 1 or 2 people or a small group.

I often ask different employees and activity directors how many residents receive 0 visits throughout the year or perhaps one Christmas visit. Usually I hear figures ranging from 25 to 40%. The others who are fortunate to get visitors may only have one visit every several months.

As a church we go once a year to sing Christmas music. After singing in an activity area with the group we walk the halls (the staff always approves this) and ask the many whose doors are open if we
can sing his/her favorite Christmas song with them. We take extra music with us because sometimes the more active residents join us as we go room to room.

The staff is really glad when we ask them which residents do not receive visitors. This doesn't have to be a complicated ministry. We try to make things simple. When we announced the Christmas Carol event I asked the congregation to see my wife or I if they ever want to go with us for a visit to can assisted living and see how easy and rewarding it is to go there.

I hope that by taking the time to post this some elderly people around the country will end up being encouraged by Christian visitors. Believe me, I mean it when I say that precious WWII generation blesses me more than what I feel we do for them.
Friendly Face
12/9/17 6:07 am

Post Great ministry! 4thgeneration
We have a large group do this every year! They go to shut-ins, nursing homes and assisted living centers and sing to the residents. This is done by going down the halls, into rooms, and just singing to whoever will let them. Some years we are able to attend, and others not so. I remember last year we were alerted to a gentleman in a room that wasn't a believer. When someone first asked if we could sing, he said no. But with a little persuasion he let us sing a couple of songs, the first a non-religious one, and then we slipped in one about Jesus. At the end he thanked us for singing to him. Its a very rewarding ministry, mostly warmly received by people who love to join along and sing! We also go back at times and sing hymns with them and have an equally enthusiastic response! A worthwhile ministry to those very deserving of a little time, attention and love! Acts Enthusiast
12/11/17 2:36 pm

Post Link
Where is the thumbs up button?

Thumb Up

There it is.

Last edited by Link on 12/11/17 11:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Acts-perienced Poster
12/11/17 6:56 pm

Post Cojak
I agree with Link. Thumb Up
Now I am going to try to see how I can work this out on an individual basis.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/11/17 10:03 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic