Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

the pope, the Lords prayer and Jerusalem

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post the pope, the Lords prayer and Jerusalem wayne
Not fond of the pope but I think this guy might have some issues.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/07/pope-francis-wants-to-change-line-our-father-prayer.html
Acts Enthusiast
12/8/17 8:25 am

Post UncleJD
Because he wants to use a newer translation of the Bible? If that's an issue then the COG and most evangelicals are in trouble.

For the Jerusalem issue, yeah, I don't agree with him on that, but it doesn't rise to blasphemy
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/17 9:12 am

Post wayne
No, not because he wants to use a new translation. The Catholic folks have had the Lords prayer in it's present form programmed into them for a long time. This will be a difficult change.
His opinion on Jerusalem and wanting to leave things as they are - I guess he has forgotten scripture.
Acts Enthusiast
12/8/17 9:45 am

Post UncleJD
wayne wrote:
No, not because he wants to use a new translation. The Catholic folks have had the Lords prayer in it's present form programmed into them for a long time. This will be a difficult change.
His opinion on Jerusalem and wanting to leave things as they are - I guess he has forgotten scripture.

I agree on Jerusalem, its a political move. I understand on the Lord's Prayer, but as a Protestant, far be it from me to criticize him for going back to the original texts for translation, in fact, I'm for it!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/8/17 9:52 am

Post Cojak
It is VERY hard to change something so well known and memorized from SS many years back.
I won't pick on the dude because I have heard Preachers for years say, "The Bible says this, but the better interpretation is......." Why could it not be in the part of the scripture we refer to as "The Lord's Prayer"???

Change is hard and unpopular as a general rule. Remember many years ago our government declared that within 5 years we will switch to the Metric System to get more in line with the rest of the world. Legislating it did not work. but more and more men are owning a set of metrics (wrenches).
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/8/17 7:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic