Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

For All you Trump Bashers - Trump more evangelical than any recent President

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post For All you Trump Bashers - Trump more evangelical than any recent President brotherjames
Watch and enjoy - "the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ....His life forever changed the course of human history"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF2h7tNonQ4
Acts-celerater
12/1/17 11:15 am

Post Merry Christmas famousflavius
Merry Christmas. It is good to see the nativity being displayed at the Whitehouse. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
12/1/17 6:14 pm

Post Chicago27
Rolling Eyes Friendly Face
12/1/17 8:11 pm

Post Cojak
No matter what one thinks of Trump, for me and the children of the Americas, it is good to hear the name of Jesus and the words "MERRY CHRISTMAS" Coming from the president of the USA. He also knows this country is the United States of America. I have no problem with God bless America. Because I would hope God would bless Canada, Mexico and all the countries of the Americas. But this is the USA and it is good to hear a president say it.

We have had so much of Happy Holidays because we are afraid of not being politically correct. Other religions KNOW IT IS CHRISTMAS,

WE name 'unashamedly' all other religions holidays by their name (when we know them).

Anyway it is good to hear a President say we are remembering the BIRTH of Jesus Christ. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I know we will hear about the 'Hypocrite' and all his faults. But in amongst a lot of junk, I am still glad to hear Merry Christmas....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/1/17 8:41 pm

Post Chicago27
Yeah, Obama never said it. Rolling Eyes

https://youtu.be/vi4Ie7YotWo
Friendly Face
12/2/17 9:57 am

Post Chicago 27 Change Agent
Evangelical Christians don't want to be corrected. They just state that you tube you posted was fake news. Laughing Acts Enthusiast
12/2/17 10:36 am

Post The point, I think... Aaron Scott
The reason that Obama has taken flak for the whole "Happy Holidays" thing is NOT because he didn't say "Merry Christmas" a number of times...but because he didn't say it (at least) ONE time. If I recall correctly, it was a Christmas card that didn't say "Christmas."

We often get stained with our "mistakes" rather than with our wins. The truth is that it is perfectly find to say "Happy Holidays"...so long as you are not doing it to AVOID saying "Merry Christmas."

I consistently marvel at how corporations, to avoid MAYBE upsetting, say, Jewish folks (who make up only 1% of the population) or atheists (most of whom don't seem to care), will instead provoke the vast majority of Christians. Maybe we are right to boycott, since that seems to be what these corporations are hoping to avoid by catering to those of other religions or sexual orientations.

No, we don't wish to needlessly provoke those who don't live or believe as we do, but neither should WE accept being needlessly provoked when we can simply take our business elsewhere. I think every corporation needs to remember what happened when Chik-fil-A was castigated for supporting traditional marriage, right?

At the same time, it is refreshing to know that a president, despite him being about the seemingly most unorganized, chaotic president in memory (or ever), is PURPOSELY saying "Merry Christmas," and not just as a routine greeting for this time of year.

If nothing else, that's one good thing about Trump.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/2/17 10:51 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm not sure how "we are all God's children" universalism is an evangelical message but okay. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/2/17 10:58 am

Post Cojak
Chicago27 wrote:
Yeah, Obama never said it. Rolling Eyes

https://youtu.be/vi4Ie7YotWo

As for me I never said President Obama never said Merry Christmas, the point I tried to make was the entire story line, Not just the Merry /Christmas, but the fact it is the Christians bedrock, the BIRTH of JESUS Christ.

Yeah, 27 I'm some kind of an idiot! But I am happy! I do hope you have a very Merry Christmas..... Cool
12/2/17 12:13 pm

Post Re: The point, I think... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
The reason that Obama has taken flak for the whole "Happy Holidays" thing is NOT because he didn't say "Merry Christmas" a number of times...but because he didn't say it (at least) ONE time. If I recall correctly, it was a Christmas card that didn't say "Christmas."

We often get stained with our "mistakes" rather than with our wins. The truth is that it is perfectly find to say "Happy Holidays"...so long as you are not doing it to AVOID saying "Merry Christmas."

I consistently marvel at how corporations, to avoid MAYBE upsetting, say, Jewish folks (who make up only 1% of the population) or atheists (most of whom don't seem to care), will instead provoke the vast majority of Christians. Maybe we are right to boycott, since that seems to be what these corporations are hoping to avoid by catering to those of other religions or sexual orientations.

No, we don't wish to needlessly provoke those who don't live or believe as we do, but neither should WE accept being needlessly provoked when we can simply take our business elsewhere. I think every corporation needs to remember what happened when Chik-fil-A was castigated for supporting traditional marriage, right?

At the same time, it is refreshing to know that a president, despite him being about the seemingly most unorganized, chaotic president in memory (or ever), is PURPOSELY saying "Merry Christmas," and not just as a routine greeting for this time of year.

If nothing else, that's one good thing about Trump.

Thumb Up Thumb Up
You said it much better than I, but you expressed my feelings along this line very well. THANKS! Merry Christmas to you and YOURS.
12/2/17 12:17 pm

Post Chicago27
And may your Holy Days be happy! 😄 Friendly Face
12/2/17 12:47 pm

Post Cojak
Chicago27 wrote:
And may your Holy Days be happy! 😄

And a Very Merry Christmas celebrating His Birth to you also my brother! Cool
12/3/17 11:34 pm

Post Dave... Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I'm not sure how "we are all God's children" universalism is an evangelical message but okay.

God is the Father of All. I know that Jesus said "You are of your father, the devil," but I wonder if there is not a transcendent notion that God is indeed the Father of All?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/4/17 11:38 am

Post Re: Dave... UncleJD
[quote="Aaron Scott"]
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I'm not sure how "we are all God's children" universalism is an evangelical message but okay.

God is the Father of All. I know that Jesus said "You are of your father, the devil," but I wonder if there is not a transcendent notion that God is indeed the Father of All?[/quote

He's Lord of all, Creator of all, King of all, but I don't see him called father of all. I think that's Adam.

On the other hand I don't believe Trump meant it in a theologically significant way. More of a "We're a Christian nation so God is our Father" in general.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/4/17 11:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic