Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Margret Gaines

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Margret Gaines sheepdogandy
Anyone going to her funeral in Anniston, AL today?

An outstanding life, well lived.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/27/17 9:42 am

Post Re: Margret Gaines Cojak
sheepdogandy wrote:
Anyone going to her funeral in Anniston, AL today?

An outstanding life, well lived.

Unfortunately I did not know this sister. But 'An outstanding life, well lived' will be welcomed in the glory land. A prayer for any family left behind.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/27/17 11:23 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Margaret Gaines! A soldier of the cross. Acts-pert Poster
11/27/17 11:52 am

Post sheepdogandy
I attended the service in Anniston today.

I was impressed with the General Overseer and the presence of the Executive Committee.

I chaufered two of my Sisters-in-law law. One of whom received regular correspondence from Sis Gaines.

For my part I had a brief telephone conversation with her several years ago.

I left the service with the feeling that Sis Gaines was the last one, a person who represented the end of an era.

I doubt we will see her like again.

I hope I am mistaken.

www.spwc.church
11/27/17 8:54 pm

Post Truth Ronald
In 1979 I was conducting a revival. After the service she came and asked me a question and then prophesied over me. Every word that she spoke
has come to pass !!
Friendly Face
12/1/17 6:58 am

Post Re: Truth Cojak
Ronald wrote:
In 1979 I was conducting a revival. After the service she came and asked me a question and then prophesied over me. Every word that she spoke
has come to pass !!

Thumb Up Solid R, Thanks.
12/1/17 9:02 pm

Post What we can learn from Sister Margaret-Her books and teachings Preacher777
[quote="sheepdogandy"]I attended the service in Anniston today.

I was impressed with the General Overseer and the presence of the Executive Committee.

I chaufered two of my Sisters-in-law law. One of whom received regular correspondence from Sis Gaines.

I left the service with the feeling that Sis Gaines was the last one, a person who represented the end of an era.

I hope I am mistaken.[/quote]

I cannot type a loud enough AMEN to what sheepdogandy posted above. We had the privilege of spending time with Sister Margaret several times at her house and was it ever worth the trip! Whether in person or on phone calls one knew he or she was in the presence of God. One person who has a very big ministry said something to the effect that when around Sister Margaret within 10 minutes one wonders if he or she is even saved!

I encourage you to read her books and learn the following:

Sister Margaret's writings portray her heart in that she speaks her innermost feelings and what God gves her with absolutely no regard in reference to pleasing the audience or being politically correct.

She was the most non political person I ever met in ministry and a great example of what God can do for us if we do our best to please Him. Sister Margaret is an example of what God can do in our lives without concern about church politics or pleasing people.

Sister Margaret was the most Godly, spiritual and spiritually deep person I ever met. We can learn a lot about delayed gratification, living with an eternal perspective, avoiding pride, materialism and laying up treasures in heaven rather than impressing people and gaining earthly things.

We can learn to handle the sacrifices of ministry with joy by reading her books and testimonies. Many times when self pity or frustration come at me I think of the price Sister Margaret paid in ministry and the rationalization does wonders for me.

One example Sister Margaret shared is how she only had a couple of dresses for her clothing when she went to Tunisia. The culture dictated that this young American woman she wear these long sleeved dresses in the intense heat. Sister Margaret was there before email, social media, ease of phone calls etc. She told us that several times she took several buses just to be able to see the American flag at our office there.

We know many different opinions abound when discussing the Middle East. If anybody wants an unbiased opinion from somebody who lived there for about 3 1/2 decades and made many other visits I encourage you to read her books or find her teachings. As I described above, Sisiter Margaret was one to share the truth regardless of what impact it had on her ministry. She epitomized Jesus in that she was 100% focused on pleasing God rather than people.

I hope this encourages somebody to look deeper into teachings and books written by Sister Margaret (the books can be ordered online). If so you and kingdom of God will be better off!
Friendly Face
12/2/17 9:34 am

Post Re: What we can learn from Sister Margaret-Her books and teachings Cojak
Preacher777 wrote:
I hope this encourages somebody to look deeper into teachings and books written by Sister Margaret (the books can be ordered online). If so you and kingdom of God will be better off!

I appreciated the entire comment 777. Thanks. I did not know the sister, but the testimonies I am reading on the net makes me wish I had. THANKS again, good comments. Cool
12/2/17 12:24 pm

Post Re: What we can learn from Sister Margaret-Her books and teachings Ernie Long
Preacher777 wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

I hope I am mistaken.

I cannot type a loud enough AMEN to what sheepdogandy posted above. We had the privilege of spending time with Sister Margaret several times at her house and was it ever worth the trip! Whether in person or on phone calls one knew he or she was in the presence of God. One person who has a very big ministry said something to the effect that when around Sister Margaret within 10 minutes one wonders if he or she is even saved!

Sister Margaret's writings portray her heart in that she speaks her innermost feelings and what God gves her with absolutely no regard in reference to pleasing the audience or being politically correct.

She was the most non political person I ever met in ministry and a great example of what God can do for us if we do our best to please Him. Sister Margaret is an example of what God can do in our lives without concern about church politics or pleasing people.

Sister Margaret was the most Godly, spiritual and spiritually deep person I ever met. We can learn a lot about delayed gratification, living with an eternal perspective, avoiding pride, materialism and laying up treasures in heaven rather than impressing people and gaining earthly things.

We can learn to handle the sacrifices of ministry with joy by reading her books and testimonies. Many times when self pity or frustration come at me I think of the price Sister Margaret paid in ministry and the rationalization does wonders for me.

One example Sister Margaret shared is how she only had a couple of dresses for her clothing when she went to Tunisia. The culture dictated that this young American woman she wear these long sleeved dresses in the intense heat. Sister Margaret was there before email, social media, ease of phone calls etc. She told us that several times she took several buses just to be able to see the American flag at our office there.

We know many different opinions abound when discussing the Middle East. If anybody wants an unbiased opinion from somebody who lived there for about 3 1/2 decades and made many other visits I encourage you to read her books or find her teachings. As I described above, Sisiter Margaret was one to share the truth regardless of what impact it had on her ministry. She epitomized Jesus in that she was 100% focused on pleasing God rather than people.

Is it possible to list the books she wrote? When someone is referred to as this lady is being referred to on this thread, then I need to read what she wrote. It is an outstanding testimony of someone who pleased God more than man and that has always been my goal.
Acts Enthusiast
12/3/17 9:39 am

Post Re: What we can learn from Sister Margaret-Her books and teachings FLRon
Ernie Long wrote:
Preacher777 wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

I hope I am mistaken.

Is it possible to list the books she wrote? When someone is referred to as this lady is being referred to on this thread, then I need to read what she wrote. It is an outstanding testimony of someone who pleased God more than man and that has always been my goal.

Can’t help you with the books Ernie, but I found an amazing testimony of her at this link: http://www.jonathanmartinwords.com/blog/2017/11/20/remembering-sister-margaret-gaines
12/3/17 6:51 pm

Post Re: What we can learn from Sister Margaret-Her books and teachings Carolyn Smith
Ernie Long wrote:
Preacher777 wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

I hope I am mistaken.

This is what I found on Amazon.com. I didn't know her, but have only heard wonderful things about her. Very dedicated servant of God.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=la_B00IWSJ652_B00IWSJ652_sr?rh=i%3Abooks&field-author=Margaret+Gaines&sort=relevance&ie=UTF8&qid=1512347887
12/3/17 7:42 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Also found this video about her:

https://vimeo.com/68616064
12/3/17 7:47 pm

Post FLRon
The more I’ve thought about this topic, the more I’ve been unable to forget the name of Margaret Gaines. It finally dawned on me that I first heard her name way back in 1990 when I was the new church clerk at the COG I was attending back in Ohio. Our church supported sister Margaret back then.

We had a precious saint much like sister Margaret named D. Gibson who would faithfully send sister Gaines additional monies each month. I well remember the one time I forgot to forward her offerings on to missions for sis Gaines. Sis Gibson made sure I understood how important it was that I didn’t make that mistake again! I heard many stories back then about Sister Gaines work with the Arabs. She was indeed legendary!

Wow, talk about a small world!!
12/3/17 9:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic