Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post ....... viva_cleve_vegas

Last edited by viva_cleve_vegas on 3/26/18 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
11/16/17 12:17 am

Post auburntigerpastor
///

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
11/17/17 2:04 pm

Post In many states... roughridercog
Clergy are required by law to report it. That supersedes polity.

Matter of fact...what is right supersedes polity.
11/17/17 2:17 pm

Post auburntigerpastor
////

Last edited by auburntigerpastor on 3/26/18 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
11/17/17 2:29 pm

Post Cojak
auburntigerpastor wrote:
Tell that to the executive committee.

I am most sure someone has..... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/18/17 1:29 pm

Post When I Was in the COG FG Minister
When I was in the COG, I accepted a church and when the Overseer called to congratulate me on the vote, he said "there is a situation at that church that you will have to deal with. A State Councilman will call you when you get there and explain it to you." Two days after arriving I received the call. He said "a staff member at that church has been accused of molesting a 15-year old girl in the church." I said "does the Overseer know the details?" "Yes," he said. I then asked "have you guys reported this to the police? You know we are mandated reporters." "No," he said. "You know I will report it first thing in the morning - right?" "We knew you would," he said. I then asked "what if the police ask me who else knows about the allegation?" He said "you are all alone on this one. We will deny knowing anything about it and will be like rats jumping a ship. Good luck."

I did report it the next day. An investigation was done and the allegations were determined to be false. But what I will never forget is the Overseer and the State Councilman NOT reporting it when a girls life could have been ruined, and how they left me hanging out to dry to deal with it. That taught me a lot.
Acts-celerater
11/24/17 11:52 am

Post Cojak
Some people have no backbone and need someone else to carry the load. That hurts big time. Shocked Embarassed

In ref to FG comment above. Embarassed
11/24/17 1:08 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
They'll have to answer to God for it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/17 1:19 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
They'll have to answer to God for it.

Odd that statement is hard to accept at times. We do forget that and want to see judgement in our own time. As I get older it seems easier to accept His will. Maybe because every day is closer to the time I will be judged. Life doesn't always go the way we want, but our faith keeps saying His Will, will prevail. Cool
Timely comment DD Smile Cool
11/24/17 3:16 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
Odd that statement is hard to accept at times. We do forget that and want to see judgement in our own time. As I get older it seems easier to accept His will. Maybe because every day is closer to the time I will be judged.

Hopefully, for them -- and all of us -- that day will never come, in the sense that we will never be recipients of His judgment against our sin, because Christ was already the recipient of God's wrath and judgment against our sin. I hope the guys that FG Minister talked about are in Christ. If I knew them, I would urge them to soberly examine themselves to see if Christ has been formed within them.

It's daunting to think that we could consider ourselves Christians, that we could do Christian things, that we could even devote our lives to Christian ministry -- and still not have faith and confidence in Christ. That we could, on that Day, make our best case for involvement with Christ and hear the words, "I never knew you."

The Bible urges us to examine ourselves, not to check for a list of good works and make sure there aren't any bad works, but to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. To examine ourselves to see if we have truly put our faith and confidence in Christ. Even if we have, there will be days when we act wickedly, as someone who has not. And even if we haven't, there will be days when we act with charity or selflessness toward others. Our works aren't a test of our salvation. But over the long term of our lives, there should nevertheless be clear and obvious evidence of regeneration if Christ has truly been formed in us.

I hope these guys have placed their faith and confidence in Christ. Maybe they have. Maybe they were deeply convicted of the sin they committed and repented before God and will forever be recipients of forgiveness and mercy concerning this matter. I hope so. And if not, I hope they become Christians, and turn from their dead works and place their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins before that Day when God's wrath is revealed from Heaven.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/25/17 6:38 am

Post Mat
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Cojak wrote:
Odd that statement is hard to accept at times. We do forget that and want to see judgement in our own time. As I get older it seems easier to accept His will. Maybe because every day is closer to the time I will be judged.

Hopefully, for them -- and all of us -- that day will never come, in the sense that we will never be recipients of His judgment against our sin, because Christ was already the recipient of God's wrath and judgment against our sin. I hope the guys that FG Minister talked about are in Christ. If I knew them, I would urge them to soberly examine themselves to see if Christ has been formed within them.

It's daunting to think that we could consider ourselves Christians, that we could do Christian things, that we could even devote our lives to Christian ministry -- and still not have faith and confidence in Christ. That we could, on that Day, make our best case for involvement with Christ and hear the words, "I never knew you."

The Bible urges us to examine ourselves, not to check for a list of good works and make sure there aren't any bad works, but to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. To examine ourselves to see if we have truly put our faith and confidence in Christ. Even if we have, there will be days when we act wickedly, as someone who has not. And even if we haven't, there will be days when we act with charity or selflessness toward others. Our works aren't a test of our salvation. But over the long term of our lives, there should nevertheless be clear and obvious evidence of regeneration if Christ has truly been formed in us.

I hope these guys have placed their faith and confidence in Christ. Maybe they have. Maybe they were deeply convicted of the sin they committed and repented before God and will forever be recipients of forgiveness and mercy concerning this matter. I hope so. And if not, I hope they become Christians, and turn from their dead works and place their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins before that Day when God's wrath is revealed from Heaven.

Dave,

I so often think of the saying, "if you make your living at religion, you are in danger of losing one or the other." The political man (not referring to any denomination here), when confronted with a different action (such as reporting potential child abuse), will seek to deflect responsibility to avoid one side or the other being displeased.

Just as we see in the military or the government, so in the church, when the "ax falls" it is generally on the subordinates. Just a few years ago I was Senior Pastor of a local church that had an Hispanic congregation (they worshiped in Spanish) along with a Hispanic women pastor on staff. Her husband had sex with a 16 year old from the Hispanic congregation. For three weeks I did not see him at church (generally I was there when their service started), so I asked the pastor where her husband was. She and another member of the congregation met with me and told me what had happened and that he had left the state.

I was not happy, but what made it worst was the pastor and told the State Overseer (who was Hispanic) when it happened and I was left in the dark. First, after I told her I would be calling the police and CPS, I called the leadership of the local church, and then I called the overseer and confronted him. Well, the police visited the church (during daycare hours, which is never good) and investigated the situation. I do not know the outcome of the case, other than the husband was in another state and the wife (pastor), along with the kids, moved there quickly. I found out latter she was placed as a pastor at one of our Hispanic churches in that state.

I do not regret doing the right thing when it comes to child abuse, and I feel over the years I have in every case. However, I have little use for leadership that plays politics with the issue, and should they cover-up, fail to act or be accused, I will do the right thing and report them has well. Better to lose your living than your religion.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
11/25/17 9:29 am

Post auburntigerpastor
/// New Member
11/25/17 1:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic