Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Moore still dominating (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Moore still dominating (L) Resident Skeptic
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/11/exclusive-alabama-polls-judge-roy-moore-maintains-double-digit-lead-over-democrat-doug-jones-before-after-wapo-smear/

McConnell, Kasich, Romney, McCain, Michalowski and all the other RINO's are failing thus far. So they'll have to get reject RINO Luther Strange to run as a write-in.
11/12/17 6:58 pm

Post Cojak
I could be wrong, he may not be toast. I have been wrong 2 or 3 other times. LOL
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/12/17 9:00 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
I could be wrong, he may not be toast. I have been wrong 2 or 3 other times. LOL

To be fair, another poll has him trailing by 3 points.
11/12/17 9:50 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Moore is admitting to kissing teenage girls whie in his 30s.
He is a dirtbag.
He is toast.
Better to have a democrat than this loser.
11/13/17 8:13 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Moore is admitting to kissing teenage girls whie in his 30s.
He is a dirtbag.
He is toast.
Better to have a democrat than this loser.

Where does the dirtbag status begin? If he kisses a girl 1 minute before she turns 18 he's a dirtbag, but if he kisses here 1 second after she turns 18, he's ok?

No, it is not better to have a Democrat who ok's the slaughter of millions of unborn babies, and promotes gay marriage than it is to have Roy Moore, even if he did kiss a teenager. If that is truly the choice Alabama has, Moore still wins. For crying out loud! It seems his teen kissing ceased quickly. Had he been some kind of pedophile, then the pattern would have continued, but it did not. If he did kiss a teen 40 years ago, does that warrant public humiliation now, especially if the Lord did a work in his life? What has the fruit of his life been since? Has his life born the fruit of righteousness? Those are questions and not statements. But they are questions that have to be inserted into this equation.
11/13/17 9:00 am

Post CannonMan
A Bannon candidate with a double digit lead in an "exclusive" Breitbart poll?

In other news, the Bigly Mac is the best selling food item in the entire world. (source: exclusive poll conducted by mcdonalds.com)

Perhaps a little more clarity can be obtained by reading more than just one poll.

"The poll was conducted by WT&S Consulting in Athens. The firm's chief political officer, John Wahl, was the pollster. Wahl formerly worked for previous Moore campaigns and is vice chair of the Republican Party in the 5th Congressional District."

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/11/doug_jones_takes_lead_on_roy_m.html
Friendly Face
11/13/17 9:01 am

Post Resident Skeptic
CannonMan wrote:
A Bannon candidate with a double digit lead in an "exclusive" Breitbart poll?

In other news, the Bigly Mac is the best selling food item in the entire world. (source: exclusive poll conducted by mcdonalds.com)

Perhaps a little more clarity can be obtained by reading more than just one poll.

"The poll was conducted by WT&S Consulting in Athens. The firm's chief political officer, John Wahl, was the pollster. Wahl formerly worked for previous Moore campaigns and is vice chair of the Republican Party in the 5th Congressional District."

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/11/doug_jones_takes_lead_on_roy_m.html

But you conveniently omitted the part showing how accurate the pollster was in predicting the outcome of the Luther Strange/Roy Moore contest. Why would that be any different now?
11/13/17 9:32 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Sorry fellas. Even if Moore kissed these gals, he did not force himself on them. Frankly, the fact that they waited for a political campaign to out him shows they lack personal outrage over what purportedly happened to them and are politically motivated. Their own stories demonstrate they were enamored with the guy back then. If Moore was a leftist or had been a famous rock star, they'd treasure these memories forever. Yall might be fooled by this, but I'm not. There might be a grain of truth, but not much else.
11/13/17 9:38 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Sorry fellas. Even if Moore kissed these gals, he did not force himself on them.

Most people don't regard 14 year-olds as "gals" capable of offering informed consent to a 30 year-old who wants to make out with them.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 10:19 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Sorry fellas. Even if Moore kissed these gals, he did not force himself on them.

Most people don't regard 14 year-olds as "gals" capable of offering informed consent to a 30 year-old who wants to make out with them.

But if a 14 year old offers herself as a sex partner to multiple 17 year old boys, we drop the "informed consent" argument and just call good ol' fashioned youthful lust. If one of the multiple sex partners is 30, she's a poor victim incapable of making an informed decision. If the rest of her sex partners are 17, she's just a slut. Got it.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 11/13/17 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
11/13/17 10:51 am

Post Cojak
To be honest in my youth teens marrying (dating) older men was not seen as a problem. My sister was married at 15 to a MAN of 17 LOL. I had cousins who married 25 year old men at 14-15 in Georgia.

I would guess 40-50 years ago in Alabama, when we used to ask permission to 'pursue' a girl there was no problem with the older men.

NOW in this day and time it sounds sleazy. No I am not okay with it, but I do know this was viewed MUCH DIFFERENTLY a long time ago.

Is 40 years ago a long time? It is according to how old you are. LOL

It is a problem but I do have to agree, the timing stinks and does appear it was saved to make the greatest impression. I am wondering what the 'cherry' on the sundae will be a few days before the election? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/13/17 10:51 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
To be honest in my youth teens marrying (dating) older men was not seen as a problem. My sister was married at 15 to a MAN of 17 LOL. I had cousins who married 25 year old men at 14-15 in Georgia.

I would guess 40-50 years ago in Alabama, when we used to ask permission to 'pursue' a girl there was no problem with the older men.

NOW in this day and time it sounds sleazy. No I am not okay with it, but I do know this was viewed MUCH DIFFERENTLY a long time ago.

Is 40 years ago a long time? It is according to how old you are. LOL

It is a problem but I do have to agree, the timing stinks and does appear it was saved to make the greatest impression. I am wondering what the 'cherry' on the sundae will be a few days before the election? Shocked

Good post. My 84 year old dad has told me many stories of older men marrying very young ladies in days past. It seems Moore moved on from this and became more normal by today's standards, if any of this actually happened. To bring it up now is hypocritical and disingenuous.
11/13/17 10:56 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
But if a 14 year old offers herself as a sex partner to multiple 17 year old boys, we drop the "informed consent" argument and just call good ol' fashioned youthful lust.

Age / 2 + 7 is a time-honored formula for determining whether something is within the bounds of youthful indiscretion or just plain weird. At age 32, that puts Moore's non-weird lower boundary at 23.

Also, most people would consider a 14 year old with multiple 17 year-old partners very problematic. You seem to live in kind of a strange world.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 11:37 am

Post The old term "chicken-hawk" ... Mat
The old term "chicken-hawk" comes to mind regarding this story - and his admissions. I support the statutory rape laws (are they still on the books?) where a 21 year-old for having sexual contact with a 15 year-old girl (and vice- a-versa if that were to happen). Parental consent does not apply does not make it "OK" or legal.

Around the world young girls are forced into sexual relations with older men (Islam comes to mind, but so does the sex trafficking trade). This behavior is cannot be justified by religious or cultural arguments. We condemn Warren Jeffs and his followers for this practice among the FLDS movement and would arrest any grown man who approached high school (or 14 year old junior high) girls on campus, why is there justification in this case?

Chicken-hawks use their adult status, including money (they are working), their own place to live, their car and their ability to offer young girls (and boys) access to events, travel and liquor that boys of the same age can not offer these girls.

That's why chicken-hawks take high school girls to Disney World when they seduce they away from their family.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
11/13/17 12:34 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
But if a 14 year old offers herself as a sex partner to multiple 17 year old boys, we drop the "informed consent" argument and just call good ol' fashioned youthful lust.

Age / 2 + 7 is a time-honored formula for determining whether something is within the bounds of youthful indiscretion or just plain weird. At age 32, that puts Moore's non-weird lower boundary at 23.

Also, most people would consider a 14 year old with multiple 17 year-old partners very problematic. You seem to live in kind of a strange world.

I've been a social worker and have worked in public high schools since 2005. I've been involved in youth ministry since I was converted in 1980. It is not as unusual as you think.
11/13/17 12:42 pm

Post Re: The old term "chicken-hawk" ... Resident Skeptic
Mat wrote:
The old term "chicken-hawk" comes to mind regarding this story - and his admissions. I support the statutory rape laws (are they still on the books?) where a 21 year-old for having sexual contact with a 15 year-old girl (and vice- a-versa if that were to happen). Parental consent does not apply does not make it "OK" or legal.

Around the world young girls are forced into sexual relations with older men (Islam comes to mind, but so does the sex trafficking trade). This behavior is cannot be justified by religious or cultural arguments. We condemn Warren Jeffs and his followers for this practice among the FLDS movement and would arrest any grown man who approached high school (or 14 year old junior high) girls on campus, why is there justification in this case?

Chicken-hawks use their adult status, including money (they are working), their own place to live, their car and their ability to offer young girls (and boys) access to events, travel and liquor that boys of the same age can not offer these girls.

That's why chicken-hawks take high school girls to Disney World when they seduce they away from their family.

Mat

Do you equate a 21 year old kid having consensual sex with a 15 year old to be on par with those forced sexual relations you mentioned?
11/13/17 12:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Drudge:
Gloria Allred to hold news conference with new Judge Moore accuser... Developing...

That settles it for me. If ALL-RED is involved, it's a bunch of garbage.
11/13/17 12:47 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I've been a social worker and have worked in public high schools since 2005. I've been involved in youth ministry since I was converted in 1980. It is not as unusual as you think.

I didn't say it was uncommon. I said it's not something that most people consider healthy or normal.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 1:17 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
C'mon RS.

Quit defending 30 year olds trying to have sex with 14 year olds.

It's sleazy.

Just because you think folks in Alabama are backward and approve of it - I bet most don't.
11/13/17 1:26 pm

Post bonnie knox
I feel like I'm in a minority on how I feel about this situation. I don't have a big issue with an older man dating a considerably younger woman (that apparently most everyone around seems to want to call creepy these days). But I very much would have a problem if an older man tried to seduce an underage female.
So the only issue I'm having with the testimony of the women involved is that if Leigh Corfman's narrative is truthful, that was behavior that Moore would have known at the time was illegal and immoral.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 1:35 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic