Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Moore still dominating (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I've been a social worker and have worked in public high schools since 2005. I've been involved in youth ministry since I was converted in 1980. It is not as unusual as you think.

I didn't say it was uncommon. I said it's not something that most people consider healthy or normal.

Nor do I, and please don't sin by claiming I even insinuated that I did.
11/13/17 1:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
C'mon RS.

Quit defending 30 year olds trying to have sex with 14 year olds.

It's sleazy.

Just because you think folks in Alabama are backward and approve of it - I bet most don't.

Cite a defense on my part of 30 year olds trying to have sex with 14 year olds.
11/13/17 1:45 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
bonnie knox wrote:
I feel like I'm in a minority on how I feel about this situation. I don't have a big issue with an older man dating a considerably younger woman (that apparently most everyone around seems to want to call creepy these days). But I very much would have a problem if an older man tried to seduce an underage female.
So the only issue I'm having with the testimony of the women involved is that if Leigh Corfman's narrative is truthful, that was behavior that Moore would have known at the time was illegal and immoral.

Be careful. You might get accused of defending what you so obviously did not.
11/13/17 1:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:

...uh, I didn't claim that. You implied that society considers it normal when a 14 year old girl has multiple consensual 17 year old partners. I said, no they don't.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 1:48 pm

Post CannonMan
Resident Skeptic wrote:

But you conveniently omitted the part showing how accurate the pollster was in predicting the outcome of the Luther Strange/Roy Moore contest. Why would that be any different now?

I didn’t conveniently leave it out. It’s not relevant.
Why would that be different now? Mainly because you don’t poll unlikely voters. Democratic voters aren’t polled in a republican primary.

The other polls mentioned in the article indicate Moore significantly down. The only poll showing favorable numbers is the one conducted by the district vice chair of the Republican Party, and shared only with the website run by the man who is behind Moore’s campaign.

Hence the comparison I originally made.
How much credibility would you lend the following hypothetical poll?
MSNBC poll reveals Hillary Clinton would beat Trump if the election were held today.
Friendly Face
11/13/17 4:14 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

...uh, I didn't claim that. You implied that society considers it normal when a 14 year old girl has multiple consensual 17 year old partners. I said, no they don't.

Ok. you are right. Some of those partners are 15. Rolling Eyes
11/13/17 4:19 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
The accusers should have to submit to a polygraph.

While it seems so unlikely that he could have gotten away with these things all these years, similar things have happened.

A former AG pastor of mine raped 3 women in his office, was running an ecstasy (drug ring)business, tied up a man and pistol whipped him, and was finally caught on film at a strip joint. All while pastoring a 1500 member AG church. The women tried to keep it within the church and complained to the District Board. Their complaints were ignored. This pastor finally was defrocked and spent 7 years in prison.

With Moore, it seems he got a grip earlier on and changed his ways. Perhaps God even did a work. But it seems now to be coming back to haunt him, if the allegations are true. And it is political and not for justice's sake, which is also sad. The Dems could not care less about these women, nor do the RINO's.

I think he will step aside now, but I will always admire the way he defied the Feds when his State's rights were being violated.
11/13/17 4:20 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Some of the accusers have requested to take a polygraph/make statements under oath.

Edit: I can't find where I read that. Not certain about the polygraphs. Did read today about an accuser wanting to go under oath and be at risk of perjury to lend evidence to her claim.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/17 5:10 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Some of the accusers have requested to take a polygraph/make statements under oath.

Edit: I can't find where I read that. Not certain about the polygraphs. Did read today about an accuser wanting to go under oath and be at risk of perjury to lend evidence to her claim.

I can validate your claim. It was the latest accuser.
11/13/17 5:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
A friend shared this with me.......

Interesting thoughts re: both accusations against Moore:

"""The mother of the initial accuser says that a reporter sought out the woman and talked her into going public.

The mother also says that the woman didn't have a phone in her room. Therefore it was not possible for Moore to have called her.

The first accuser has a wild personal history, full of substance abuse, divorces, accusations against other public figures, and promiscuity."""

"""NOW we have Gloria Allred bringing forward a NEW accuser who claims attempted rape.

That she forgot.

The new accuser was 16 at the time of the alleged incident. Although she forgot the attempted rape, now she remembers it in perfect detail.

The accuser was waiting for her boyfriend to pick her up. Moore offered her a ride, so the accuser went with him...leaving her boyfriend to arrive and not find her there.

The accuser says she knew Moore well--but even today she calls him the District Attorney.

In reality, he was a prosecutor.

I don't believe this woman.

If YOU believe this woman, that's perfectly legitimate. We simply have to choose who to believe.

If I were in Alabama, I'd vote for the person who best represents my views.

This stinks of an organized hit job.

Note how the allegations have escalated, and now admitted Democrat operative Gloria Allred is involved.

When Allred is in charge, the accuser always wipes away tears with wadded tissues, and Gloria leans in to offer support.

"Courage, Sister-woman! Courage!"

"Because cell phones didn’t exist back then, she said that she intended on calling her boyfriend to let him know she got a ride once she got home."

She said she didn't want to wait outside in the cold.

That means the restaurant was closed.

So how would she call her boyfriend? He wouldn't be home, and she couldn't call the restaurant, because it was closed.

"Nelson said she was accustomed to men flirting with her because she was 'well developed and competed in beauty pageants.'"

But when MOORE did it, for some reason it made her cry.

“'I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and he locked it so I could not get out,' she described."

All car doors open when you pull on the handle.

"Nelson said at the press conference that she’s been married to John Nelson for the last 13 years. She said they’re both Donald Trump supporters and voted for him during the 2016 presidential election."

In reality, the accuser's voter profile is "inactive," according to Alabama.

If she voted, she would've been asked to update her information.

She didn't respond.

My guess is that this is all fake.

If you support Moore, I see nothing that indicates he did the things he's accused of doing.

Of course THAT DOESN'T MEAN that he didn't do these things.

What I'm saying is that TO ME, the evidence doesn't hold up.

Therefore I see no reason YET why Moore supporters should change their minds."""

From the Twitter account of @ThomasWictor
11/13/17 6:51 pm

Post Moore loses more support (L) CannonMan
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/14/hannity-gives-roy-moore-24-hours-explain-inconsistencies-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Even Trump’s #1 apologist, Hannity is saying this smells fishy.
Friendly Face
11/14/17 11:06 pm

Post Re: Moore loses more support (L) Resident Skeptic
CannonMan wrote:
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/14/hannity-gives-roy-moore-24-hours-explain-inconsistencies-sexual-misconduct-allegations

Both sides smell fishy.

I have not yet seen any of the so-called body-language voice analysts saying anything yet.
11/15/17 10:13 am

Post Re: the long post by Twitter user ThomasWictor and why it's hard for people like that to figure out the truth (L) bonnie knox
I'm just going to say at the outset if someone claims a perp had on a red shirt when the perp's shirt is actually burgundy, I am not going to dismiss the witness as being all fake.

Okay, now to ThomasWictor's analysis--I do worry about how some people come to their conclusions, but I probably could just skip any of the commentary and focus on the one statement he made here:
Quote:
"Nelson said she was accustomed to men flirting with her because she was 'well developed and competed in beauty pageants.'"

But when MOORE did it, for some reason it made her cry.

Is he seriously saying that Beverly Nelson shouldn't have objected to being sexually assaulted????????????????

Why is he saying she "forgot it, then remembered it." What I heard was that she made a conscious decision not to say anything about it at the time because of fear of repercussions. (her statement HERE)
About the car locks, really, I'm trying to remember how car doors were 40 years ago, and I'm sure not all doors unlock when you pull the handle, but that's not the issue at all. The point is, you have (if Beverly Nelson's account is true) a 30-year-old, 6ft tall man who has been in the military preventing a 16-year-old female from exiting the car. So sure, I can envision him pushing down that chrome knob when she tries to grab the handle, and I can envision him preventing her escape.
A prosecutor, not a district attorney? Red shirt/burgundy shirt? The articles I'm seeing are referring to Moore as either a deputy district attorney or an assistant district attorney at about that time.
The part where ThomasWictor makes his conclusions based on the statements about her calling her boyfriend makes me worry if folks in our society have enough critical thinking skills to navigate life. Perhaps he is just not old enough to remember what we did before cell phones. If her boyfriend was late, there would be no way of knowing why. In which case, she might get a ride home some other way, then call her boyfriend at his HOME to find he was still there. Or, had he already gone to the restaurant, upon finding her not there, he would have ridden on over to her house to find her at home. It is asinine to assume that she was relying on calling the restaurant to let her boyfriend know she had gotten a ride home.
I do agree that having Allred for a spokesperson is an issue, but that's just one element of a bigger picture.
I don't know why the voter registration says inactive. I would say that's a question Beverly Nelson should address, though I don't know why anyone who doesn't actually support Trump would claim to, lol.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/15/17 10:34 am

Post Re: the long post by Twitter user ThomasWictor and why it's hard for people like that to figure out the truth (L) Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
I'm just going to say at the outset if someone claims a perp had on a red shirt when the perp's shirt is actually burgundy, I am not going to dismiss the witness as being all fake.

Good thoughts through out, but I am beginning to agree with some folk who believe both 'sides' of this situation smells a little.

Now you were doing well until you got to this:

though I don't know why anyone who doesn't actually support Trump would claim to, lol.

That just ain't nice! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/15/17 12:20 pm

Post Re: Moore loses more support (L) Nature Boy Florida
CannonMan wrote:

If Hannity gives up - you're toast.
11/15/17 12:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic