Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who gives to all generously...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who gives to all generously... bradfreeman
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. Jm 1:5-8

The block is never on God's part. He "gives to all generously and without reproach" (without finding fault). If you can believe He's just that good, without doubting, you can receive anything you need from the Lord.

D O U B T is a D O U B L E mind.
2 minds.
It's a mind set on the flesh (Have I prayed enough? Did I do enough? Have I fasted enough? Have I been good enough?) and a mind set on the Spirit (God loves me. He gives to all generously. He doesn't find fault.).

A double-mind leaves you "unstable." Unstable is translated from the Greek "akatastatos" meaning restless. It is the same Greek word translated "restless" in James 3:8 (the tongue is a restless evil).

The double-mind always leaves you restless, feeling like you need to do more, believe more, pray more, fast more, give more in order to get God to give generously. It leaves you feeling like God is finding fault, looking for a reason not to take care of you.

The single-mind, the mind set on the Spirit, rests in the finished work of Jesus, the truth that God gives to all generously, that everyone who asks receives (Mt. 7:8 ), that He is kind to the evil and ungrateful (Lk 6:35), that He freely gives us all things (Rm 8:32).

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/11/17 6:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic