Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A hard verse to handle?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A hard verse to handle? Aaron Scott
Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

This verse appears to be trying to contrast the old sacrifices with Jesus' sacrifice. It claims that the old sacrifices were not perfect, because the worshippers still had conscience (consciousness?) of sin.

But don't we--those under Jesus' sacrifice--also have conscience of sin?

Can anyone explain?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/27/17 8:08 am

Post Re: A hard verse to handle? bradfreeman
Aaron Scott wrote:
Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

This verse appears to be trying to contrast the old sacrifices with Jesus' sacrifice. It claims that the old sacrifices were not perfect, because the worshippers still had conscience (consciousness?) of sin.

But don't we--those under Jesus' sacrifice--also have conscience of sin?

Can anyone explain?

Because of Jesus perfect sacrifice, we can now approach the throne boldly, knowing our sin is gone, we have been made perfect forever and He will remember our sin no more. We approach with no consciousness of sin, no fear, no condemnation and no shame. Our conscience is clean...or at least should be, if we are aware of what His sacrifice did and "have confidence" in the blood.

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/9/17 4:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic