Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Mega Church (Hillsong) Lentz, refuses to condemn Abortion. "Live by your own convictions," he tells The View

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Mega Church (Hillsong) Lentz, refuses to condemn Abortion. "Live by your own convictions," he tells The View doyle
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/06/megachurch-pastor-refuses-to-condemn-abortion/

Last edited by doyle on 11/13/17 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
11/6/17 6:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Friendship with the world is enmity with God. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/6/17 6:39 pm

Post Cojak
I must have read that different. He did say I want to teach them Jesus, learn where they come from.

The first thing that hit me was in our early COG history when a person came to an alter for salvation and prayed. Almost immediately we gave him /her a list of don'ts. Without taking the time to teach the WORD to them as new Christians. Actually is worked many times, but others it did not.

I do not know this guy nor nothing about him. But also think he should take time to learn how some folk feel about Black Lives Matter and why.

He should take time to learn why some feel so strongly about those Confederate statues, etc.

It is not his stand on the abortion issue, if Jesus is introduced and understood the abortion will go away.

It is sort of double standard he holds about learning the reasons I have a problem with.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/6/17 9:53 pm

Post UncleJD
Not happy with what I read but for the sake of argument, didn't he say he would like to present Jesus before discussing what is and isn't sin?

I think a better answer would be "We don't condemn the woman who has had an abortion, but we do believe the act itself is evil and we pray for those who have been victimized by the industry that puts profits above life itself".

But I don't think that his answer is in itself wrong, just not very brave.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/7/17 5:15 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
Not happy with what I read but for the sake of argument, didn't he say he would like to present Jesus before discussing what is and isn't sin?

I think a better answer would be "We don't condemn the woman who has had an abortion, but we do believe the act itself is evil and we pray for those who have been victimized by the industry that puts profits above life itself".

But I don't think that his answer is in itself wrong, just not very brave.

Okay, sounds fair JD. Cool
11/7/17 7:47 pm

Post UncleJD
so he's backtracked (or clarified his position), now that he's facing the backlash from the church and not in front of the scary View ladies. I think this is more of a symptom of the seeker-friendly movement's desire to trick the world into thinking we are just like them so they will somehow say "Wow, you guys are just like me, now I want to be saved and changed".

In the end I don't believe Hillsong believes abortion and homosexuality is OK, they just want to keep it on the down-low.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/8/17 11:16 am

Post Chicago27
I love Hillsong and what they have been doing to bring Christ to those who may never hear. But, let’s drill the guy. That’s how we roll. Friendly Face
11/8/17 1:53 pm

Post bonnie knox
Well, if we're going to drill the guy, let's ask why on earth he ever agreed to appear on "The View." I have only watched a few snippets of the show when linked from the internet, but enough to know I can't abide it. What I've seen entailed a lot of talking over one another and a singular lack of good reasoning.

Chicago27 wrote:
I love Hillsong and what they have been doing to bring Christ to those who may never hear. But, let’s drill the guy. That’s how we roll.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/8/17 2:00 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Can we at least agree that it's time to start talking about bringing the Geneva gown back? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/8/17 6:08 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Can we at least agree that it's time to start talking about bringing the Geneva gown back?

Okay, I had to look it up to make sure it was what I thought. Now I agree with you DD. Good comment! Cool Also a great idea Wink But it took our local church so long to get choir robes....... we'd probably have to be convinced it weren't no sin for the preacher to wear one!! Shocked
11/8/17 10:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic