Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

It's OK to say "I DON'T KNOW" why God allowed the murder of 26 people at church.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post It's OK to say "I DON'T KNOW" why God allowed the murder of 26 people at church. doyle
Most likely, none of us believe God caused the murder of 26 people in the Texas church. The shooter murdered them. However, since God did not stop it, one could reason that He allowed it.

Why?

I don't know. Our belief in God is that He is all knowing and all powerful; Sovereign. There is a thought-provoking thread on the board about why God allowed this to happen. There are some very good posts in that thread, but after reading them, I still don't know why God allowed it.

Almost everything we believe about God is by faith. There are times when faith is "going without knowing." We believe God cares for us and wants the best for us, but the people in Texas felt that way too. So, I don't know why it was allowed to happen, but I still believe in God.

It's OK to say, "I don't know."

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

11/13/17 6:11 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Indeed it is, Doyle, Jehoshaphat prayed "we don't know what to do, but our eyes are on you [God]." For rational folk who utilize correct hermeneutics and exegesis, the Sutherland Springs shooting (or any other human malady) is ultimately in the hands of a sovereign God.

The problem that surfaced in the other thread was in respect to either blatant woffie belief or similar kinds of absurdity. Rebuking, commanding, decreeing, declaring, agreeing with someone as touching anything under heaven, asking anything in Christ's name, NONE OF THESE THINGS CIRCUMVENT GOD'S SOVEREIGNTY.
Acts-pert Poster
11/13/17 7:31 pm

Post bradfreeman
44 people are killed EVERY DAY in the US...just not always in 1 location.

Sin has spread because of the disobedience of Adam. God only "allows" it in the sense that He has put man in charge of this world and given him the freedom to choose and experience the consequence of his choices.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/14/17 7:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic