Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Have our souls always existed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Uncle JD...no, that's not what spurred this thread UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
It would not be an issue if all souls had existed as long as God has. After all, one can suppose (I suppose) that the seven spirits of God mentioned in Revelation have been around as long as God.

This is actually the view which is most clearly heretical, so it is an issue. Eternal pre-existence is one of many incommunicable attributes of the Godhead. Nothing else, including spirits or angels, can share this attribute without profoundly compromising Christian orthodoxy.

Seriously Mormon theology as well as pagan pantheism. God is reduced to just the most powerful spirit in a spiritual plane that includes all of us.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/8/17 3:34 pm

Post Re: Uncle JD...no, that's not what spurred this thread Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
It would not be an issue if all souls had existed as long as God has. After all, one can suppose (I suppose) that the seven spirits of God mentioned in Revelation have been around as long as God.

This is actually the view which is most clearly heretical, so it is an issue. Eternal pre-existence is one of many incommunicable attributes of the Godhead. Nothing else, including spirits or angels, can share this attribute without profoundly compromising Christian orthodoxy.

Dave, not heretical at all...since, though I mentioned the seven spirit of God (who would, presumably be here as long as God, right?), the belief in the preexistence of souls does not mean that they were ETERNALLY preexistent. They could have been created at ANY point prior to, I suppose, conception...and met the criteria for the preexistence of souls.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/8/17 8:02 pm

Post Re: Uncle JD...no, that's not what spurred this thread Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
Dave, not heretical at all...since, though I mentioned the seven spirit of God (who would, presumably be here as long as God, right?), the belief in the preexistence of souls does not mean that they were ETERNALLY preexistent. They could have been created at ANY point prior to, I suppose, conception...and met the criteria for the preexistence of souls.

I was referring specifically to your statement that it "would not be an issue if all souls had existed as long as God has." That's eternality, by definition, and is reserved exclusively for the Godhead. I know you weren't affirming this statement, but you did say it wasn't an issue, and I was pointing out that it would in fact be an issue because it is clearly heretical.

Many interpret the seven spirits of Revelation as being symbolic of the Holy Spirit, with seven being symbolic of His completeness. If so, then obviously that is not relevant to this discussion because the Holy Spirit is a person of the Godhead. If they are angels, as others believe, then they are created beings. They could not have existed as long as God has because they would need eternality to do so, and that is an incommunicable attribute of the Godhead.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/8/17 8:07 pm

Post Re: Have our souls always existed? roughridercog
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I am not aware of anything in scripture that supports the idea you are chasing. But that's me...

Nope, it ain't just you Tom. They ain't nothin in scripture what supports such a Mormon notion of souls just waitin fer the next body to inhabit, or reincarnation where folks just keep on a comin back as something different.

Now, what Aaron is a chasin might be found amongst some charismaniacs like Todd Bentley, Bill Johnson, etc...................

So all those souls standing in a long line. Too much like Walmart. Laughing
11/23/17 11:39 am

Post Re: Have our souls always existed? Old Time Country Preacher
roughridercog wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
I am not aware of anything in scripture that supports the idea you are chasing. But that's me...

Nope, it ain't just you Tom. They ain't nothin in scripture what supports such a Mormon notion of souls just waitin fer the next body to inhabit, or reincarnation where folks just keep on a comin back as something different.

Now, what Aaron is a chasin might be found amongst some charismaniacs like Todd Bentley, Bill Johnson, etc...................

So all those souls standing in a long line. Too much like Walmart. Laughing

Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
11/28/17 2:53 pm

Post Randy Johnson
Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the only human being who existed before he was born.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/1/18 8:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic