Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Some thoughts about racism....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: RS bradfreeman

These numbers show that 63% of violence occurs against whites.

Since whites comprise 62% of the population, with is not surprising.

Only 13% of the violence against whites is perpetrated by black people.

Since 10% of the violence against black is perpetrated by white people, one could argue that it's almost even - as far as who's more racist.

50% of the violent acts of non-whites toward whites is from black people. The other 12.5%-16% is from non-black people (attributing 44% of the "unknown" to non-white offenders).

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/12/17 10:08 am

Post Re: RS Resident Skeptic
bradfreeman wrote:

These numbers show that 63% of violence occurs against whites.

Since whites comprise 62% of the population, with is not surprising.

Only 13% of the violence against whites is perpetrated by black people.

Since 10% of the violence against black is perpetrated by white people, one could argue that it's almost even - as far as who's more racist.

50% of the violent acts of non-whites toward whites is from black people. The other 12.5%-16% is from non-black people (attributing 44% of the "unknown" to non-white offenders).

First, we find that during the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

So, looking at it strictly as a black/white issue, attacks coming from a group making up only 12% of the population (blacks) against a group making up almost 70% of the population are proportionately lopsided. No spinning can explain away what is obvious.
11/12/17 3:52 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Our church merged with a black church plant about 6 months ago. Though I likely would not have made this choice on my own, it has totally been a God-thing and a tremendous blessing. Our pastor has a heart for God and a heart for people of all races. He & his wife are both very talented but also very humble. We have had Hispanic congregants for many years, also, so we are a multicultural church. We are working together to bridge the gaps, but we all love Jesus, and that is what it is all about.

Aside from just the initial transition of pastors, we have been challenged to learn about each other's culture. We do our best not to see color but being raised in the South, I think there is simply an awareness that there are differences in our lives/experiences, and that is OK. We must choose to allow love to be the driving force that brings us together and choose to show respect to each other. We are learning from each other and hopefully growing richer in our journey for the Lord.

I attended a mostly black church many years ago when we were in a ministry position there. The pastor was white. It was an interesting experience to be in the minority racially, and it challenged my thoughts about what I believed/thought about race. I don't consider myself a racist at all, but such a position causes you to give it thought and see how you really feel.

I think there are things that are part of the black culture/experience that we don't truly understand because it is not a part of our reality. But for us to deny it exists doesn't help matters.

A pastor friend of mine said we do ourselves a disservice by saying we don't see color; rather, we should celebrate our differences and learn from each other.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/12/17 6:35 pm

Post UncleJD
We had a black pastor guest speaker this morning, he is incredible. The man literally changed his entire county by birthing a spirit of adoption to the point that for the first time in history, there are more families waiting for foster-children than there are children to be placed! What a vision he has got from the Lord.

Last edited by UncleJD on 11/12/17 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/12/17 6:41 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Our church merged with a black church plant about 6 months ago. Though I likely would not have made this choice on my own, it has totally been a God-thing and a tremendous blessing. Our pastor has a heart for God and a heart for people of all races. He & his wife are both very talented but also very humble. We have had Hispanic congregants for many years, also, so we are a multicultural church. We are working together to bridge the gaps, but we all love Jesus, and that is what it is all about.

Aside from just the initial transition of pastors, we have been challenged to learn about each other's culture. We do our best not to see color but being raised in the South, I think there is simply an awareness that there are differences in our lives/experiences, and that is OK. We must choose to allow love to be the driving force that brings us together and choose to show respect to each other. We are learning from each other and hopefully growing richer in our journey for the Lord.

I attended a mostly black church many years ago when we were in a ministry position there. The pastor was white. It was an interesting experience to be in the minority racially, and it challenged my thoughts about what I believed/thought about race. I don't consider myself a racist at all, but such a position causes you to give it thought and see how you really feel.

I think there are things that are part of the black culture/experience that we don't truly understand because it is not a part of our reality. But for us to deny it exists doesn't help matters.

A pastor friend of mine said we do ourselves a disservice by saying we don't see color; rather, we should celebrate our differences and learn from each other.

An amazing story, and opportunity! The UPC churches I attended from 1993 to 2013 were like that. One might get the impression they've walked into a black church because most of the greeters and ushers are black.

Please keep us posted on this story. I hope you will consider journaling the progress of the merger and note any pertinent observations.
11/12/17 6:41 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Our church merged with a black church plant about 6 months ago. Though I likely would not have made this choice on my own, it has totally been a God-thing and a tremendous blessing. Our pastor has a heart for God and a heart for people of all races. ...

SWEET comment, I liked it all. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/12/17 9:08 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Resident Skeptic wrote:

An amazing story, and opportunity! The UPC churches I attended from 1993 to 2013 were like that. One might get the impression they've walked into a black church because most of the greeters and ushers are black.

Please keep us posted on this story. I hope you will consider journaling the progress of the merger and note any pertinent observations.

I've been kind of careful with what I've shared publicly, but I will continue to update as I can.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/12/17 10:32 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic