Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is it wrong- magic mushrooms for depression? (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is it wrong- magic mushrooms for depression? (L) Link
http://preventdisease.com/news/17/101617_Magic-Mushrooms-Resets-Brain-Circuits-Depression.shtml

If so, is it wrong for the doctor to give morphine to someone in intense pain?

Is it wrong to take novocaine at the dentist?

Last edited by Link on 10/19/17 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
10/18/17 2:42 am

Post Re: Is it wrong to magic mushrooms for depression? (L) UncleJD
Can't tell if the drug used produces the same effect as the actual mushrooms. Is it momentary/one-time and done?

If so, is it wrong for the doctor to give morphine to someone in intense pain?

No

Is it wrong to take novocaine at the dentist?

No
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/18/17 9:58 am

Post Cojak
My brother was good friends with his doctor. At the time my brother was taking care of his Father in law, terminal cancer. The Dr gave brother much morphine and the needles and said give it to him ANY time he is in pain. I am not worried about making an addict of him.
I never faulted the old country doctor for that.

For me? I am not sure. I have a high tolerance for pain. Most pains are aggravating to me, rather than debilitating. i.e. I do not take Novocain, I have nothing against it, I just hate a numb jaw.

However when I reach the pain level described by friends who have died of Cancer, I just might go for anything to relieve THAT pain. Mushrooms or Pot. I have no fear of God's Negative judgement concerning that.

Good points my Friend,
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/18/17 11:14 pm

Post Link
Cojak wrote:

For me? I am not sure. I have a high tolerance for pain. Most pains are aggravating to me, rather than debilitating. i.e. I do not take Novocain, I have nothing against it, I just hate a numb jaw.

What kinds of dental procedures have you had done without novocain? Having teeth pulled? Fillings drilled? You must be tough. Have you ever lit a match on your face like that cowboy from City Slickers?

I didn't know that in Indonesia, you have to request the nocovain. I went in for a filling and the dentist started drilling. I objected and asked where the novocain was. She said most Indonesians didn't want it because they were afraid of needles. She pulled out a sealed plastic package with a needle in it and gave me a shot. It is definitely a lot more tolerable with the novocain than without. To me, it's worth drooling for an hour.

But a numb jaw doesn't produce an altered state of consciousness. I did have to have surgery once when I had an internal infection that caused all kinds of complications. The pain came in waves. They gave me morphine in the emergency room, which made the pain become much more tolerable, more like an nuisance than a 20 on a one-to-10 scale. It made me feel peaceful, but it did not feel like a 'trip.' I could see how someone with emotional turmoil might want that. They say it is addictive. I don't think they shot me with it again after they got the issue calmed down a bit.

Magic mushrooms is supposed to send people on a 'trip', an altered state of consciousness.

I have never had 'clinical depression.' Maybe I have been temporarily depressed because of circumstances a time or two. But there are people whose brains get stuck in that mode, who feel like that all the time, and they can't seem to get out. That must be very difficult.
10/19/17 12:35 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I knowed this ole feller who got real depressed about 6 PM ever day. He said a couple a joints a reefer eliminated all symptoms till 6 PM the next day. Acts-pert Poster
10/19/17 7:16 am

Post My magic mushrooms... roughridercog
Are usually fried a nice golden brown
10/19/17 7:20 am

Post No, it's not wrong... Aaron Scott
I saw a TED talk on this a good while back. The experiences that the patients had were so valuable to them that, even years later, they considered it one of the most important moments of their life.

If you need help, GET HELP. Further, it is more and more being realized that this stuff (found in magic mushrooms) has medicinal value.

I've never had it...but I would not at all be opposed to having it if I were in dark depression.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/19/17 11:35 am

Post No novocane Cojak
Hey Link, I have had them pulled, filled and refilled. I had a root canal and the Dr slipped the needle in. Saying it would hurt him more than me to do it.

My Mexican dentist said he would have to see me two days since he could not deaden both sides of my mouth at once. I told him to do all 6 fillings without the shots. his response, "YOU sure?" (Of course some fillings were very minor.)

It wasn't bad. Once the first nerve is hit you get used to it. I think anyone could do it, it is just the thought of it that gets most folk. I can understand the Indonesians, I ain't crazy about the needles myself but that isn't the reason. I just hate the deadening wearing off and drooling. like an old man! LOL. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/19/17 10:31 pm

Post Link
Cojak,

Mexican dentist? Do you drive south of the border when you need dental work? I've spent aabout $10 on a filling in Indonesia before. Last year, it was more like $20.
10/21/17 5:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic