Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why does Gloria Copeland wear eyeglasses to read the Bible while sayin resist physical symptoms?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Why do WOF Luminaries Get Sick, or Seek Medical Treatment, or eventually Die? Methocostal
I also wonder why so many WOF's continue to wear glasses. Evidentally, eyes are the most difficult areas to be healed. Oops, I take that back, Jesus rubbed a person's eyes with mud and they were healed.

If I were a Woffie, I would at least use contact lens Smile

Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
WOF dogma clearly teaches that healing is the right of the believer 100% of the time. If this is true why...............

Buddy Harrison (Kenneth E. Hagin’s son-in-law) died of cancer. Buddy taught and practiced for over twenty years the WOF dogma regarding faith. Why?

Mack Timberlake, WOF televangelist got cancer and died. Why?

Peggy Capps, Charles Capps wife got cancer and survived due to medical treatment. Why?

Betty Price, Fred Prices wife, got cancer, was medically treated and survived. Why?

Joyce Meyer revealed on a televised broadcast that she had breast cancer and was going to believe God for her healing but her family urged her to obtain medical help and she did. Why?

Jan Crouch had bouts with cancer (and medical treatment). Yet close friends Oral Roberts or Benny Hinn couldn’t heal or help Jan. Why?

Tammy-Faye Bakker Messner died with cancer. Why?

T.L. Osborn’s wife Daisy died from cancer. Why?

Both Oral Roberts and Marilyn Hickey were admitted to the same hospital and were in different rooms on the same floor. Why couldn’t they heal each other?

Kenneth Hagin used to tell a story how EW Kenyon ate lunch, went into his living room, sat in his rocking chair, his daughter walked in and Kenyon exclaimed “there’s Jesus, good-bye” and entered into heaven. However, none of the WOF leaders acknowledge that Kenyon died of a cancerous tumor. Why?
Friendly Face
9/26/17 3:32 pm

Post This has been debated ad naseum brotherjames
But I guess I Have just one question to ask, Do any of you pray for yourself or others to be healed? If you do, do you expect God to answer your prayers? Do you expect to See people healed or do you pray And hope God in His serendipitous actions will grant your prayers? I suppose you just pray "if it be thy will" And let tbe chips fall Where they may. You can't be disappointed that way, that's for sure. Acts-celerater
9/26/17 6:14 pm

Post Re: This has been debated ad naseum Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
But I guess I Have just one question to ask, Do any of you pray for yourself or others to be healed? If you do, do you expect God to answer your prayers? Do you expect to See people healed or do you pray And hope God in His serendipitous actions will grant your prayers? I suppose you just pray "if it be thy will" And let tbe chips fall Where they may. You can't be disappointed that way, that's for sure.

Well, let me see here, James. Jesus did ask for a thing three different times (cf. Gethsemane). But, just for the sake of illustration, lets place his Gethsemane experience in juxtaposition to a contemporary woffie experience. After Jesus:

1. Made a positive confession
2. Declared a thing
3. Decreed a thing
4. Rebuked a thing
5. Agreed with the disciples who were there as touching any thing under heaven
6. Resisted lying symptoms
7. Spoke life into his situation
8. Called what wasn't as though it was
9. Etc..............................................

Finally, lastly, eventually, at the end of the day, when all was said/done, He left us an example by praying, "Father, not my will, but thine be done."

Now OTCP has got a real problem here: Am I gonna believe Quimby, Kenyon, Hagin, Copeland, an all their minions, or shall I believe Jesus?
Acts-pert Poster
9/26/17 11:24 pm

Post Double post brotherjames

Last edited by brotherjames on 9/27/17 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
9/27/17 7:00 am

Post I get it OT brotherjames
But as I recall that same Jesus healed every one, no exceptions, told His disciples to heal the sick And Tell the world the Kingdom of God was here ( they could Tell it was because of the healings you see), James tells us that we are to call for tbe elders of the church if we are sick so they can pray for us because their prayers (offered in faith - not doubt or "if it be youf will" - will save - heal the sick. So when you pray for your congregants (do you pray for them? And if you do why do you or how do you Since you Have No idea how to pray?)

This isn't a game its serious, lives are at stake. You mock people who pray in faith believing God loves them And desires His best for them And that His command to them to heal people was real as is His Word that says healing was provided for them at the same cross our salvation was -healing of the body is part of our salvation.. You say you believe in divine healing but your faith is in a capricious, serendipitous , whimsical God. Not my God. I feel sorry for you And your church.
Acts-celerater
9/27/17 7:10 am

Post Re: I get it OT Nature Boy Florida
brotherjames wrote:
This isn't a game its serious, lives are at stake.

Totally agree.

I have a question though - Baptists and Catholics alike took Jesus command to "heal the sick" and opened medical facilities and hospitals.

Were/are they in biblical error? Can God bless anything that so blatantly goes against His example?
9/27/17 7:10 am

Post No error brotherjames
All wisdom is God's wisdom. You don't think Satan gave us a cure for polio do you? I have No problem using medical means to heal, it came from God. But, here is the difference, medicine is not my First thought, God is. If I am not healed by prayer I can use medicine but my goal is to be free from it. That is not doubt. But in some parts of the world most of it in fact, medicine is not much good nor available Then what? I do know God is pleased by faith, answers faith And rewards faith so my faith is in God, His Word And He is my source. If I am bleeding, I put a bandage on it or sew up the cut, is that lack of faith or common sense? Even Oral Roberts got a revelation from God to build a university And a hospital to train workers to marry faith And medicine. No error just trying to help people most of whom Have No idea Jesus died for them And provided for their healing too. Our revelation is incomplete, I am not Jesus I am a flawed human, I live in a sinful fallen world Where Satan is working His evil best but I believe that God wants His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, therefore I will pray in faith in my God And His Word as I understand it And I will wotk to accomplish His goal that none should perish And to heal, cast out demons, raise the dead And do the greatet works He told me to do. Even build a hospital if He tells me to. Right now I am in Ecuador praying for the sick And seeing miracles And people are getting saved as a result. Acts-celerater
9/27/17 7:25 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
philunderwood wrote:

I'd much rather be a raving WOFFIE.

Shame on ya, Phil.
Acts-pert Poster
10/5/17 4:15 pm

Post bradfreeman
Because she can't see well without them.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
10/6/17 6:36 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bradfreeman wrote:
Because she can't see well without them.

But, would that not be a lying symptom?
Acts-pert Poster
10/6/17 11:44 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Dead horse...again!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/7/17 3:18 pm

Post bradfreeman
Judging by the title of this thread, OTCP doesn't "resist" symptoms. I suppose that means he doesn't receive any medical treatment or take any medicine. He just lets the symptoms be.

It would seem that resisting symptoms can take many forms, including wearing glasses or refusing to wear glasses. For me, I'll fight a headache with Advil, prayer, ice...whatever I can find to fight with. If I have bad vision, I'll fight with glasses, contacts, laser surgery or whatever else I can find to resist with.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
10/11/17 10:05 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic