Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump supporters....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump supporters.... Chicago27
I was sickened watching Trump say “son of a b......” at a speech in Alabama in front of children, especially. Yet, evangelicals will continue to back this guy. Had Obama done that, all hell would have broken loose and you know it. How long will you continue to make excuses like saying he’s a “baby Christian?” He is a disgrace. Friendly Face
9/23/17 4:04 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:
I was sickened watching Trump say “son of a b......” at a speech in Alabama in front of children, especially. Yet, evangelicals will continue to back this guy. Had Obama done that, all hell would have broken loose and you know it. How long will you continue to make excuses like saying he’s a “baby Christian?” He is a disgrace.

You're right, Hillary is a real Christian because she doesn't cuss. We should have voted for her, we'd be having revival right now.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/23/17 4:23 pm

Post Chicago... Aaron Scott
Chicago27 wrote:
I was sickened watching Trump say “son of a b......” at a speech in Alabama in front of children, especially. Yet, evangelicals will continue to back this guy. Had Obama done that, all hell would have broken loose and you know it. How long will you continue to make excuses like saying he’s a “baby Christian?” He is a disgrace.

Now, it might be that Trump is indeed a "baby Christian." I tend to think he is not a Christian at all. At least yet.

At the same time, I voted for him because I honestly felt like it was the least bad choice I could make. To be fair, his placement of a conservative justice on the Supreme Court may be the only worthwhile thing he has done so far--and may be the only worthwhile thing he does, period. If so, that's still better than we would have gotten from Hilary.

At the same time, I have made it clear that this is the Republicans' last chance with me. If they blew it when GWB was in (and Republicans controlled Congress) and they do it this time, too...I plan to NEVER vote for them again. Period. I will do as many did this time around: I will vote a 3rd party candidate that, no matter how badly he or she loses, will be better than that bunch of milquetoast wimps that are known as the Republican Party.

Why, to hear them tell it, just give them a chance and everything would be so much better. Instead, they apparently have ZERO ideas. Which goes along nicely with them having zero backbone. The only thing they were good at, I reckon, was denouncing Obama and acting like they would fix things. Instead...NOTHING.

Again, last chance for them. If they fail, they DESERVE annihilation as a party.

Back to Trump. He is foul-mouthed. He is abrasive and foolish in many ways. Maybe that's how the uber-wealthy are: They could care less what people thing; I don't know.

At the same time, consider that he can't get a fair break between being mindlessly criticized for EVERYTHING by the most of the media...and his foolish responses to them at every turn.

I have noticed that every time he goes on a foreign trip and when he reached out to the hurting in Houston and Florida, his poll numbers shot up. He was apparently too busy to tweet--and that's a good thing, too. If he just stay busy on that, instead of finding out who insulted him today (and insulting them back), I think his poll numbers would move into the 60% range (because there are about 10% of folks who hate him so much, it wouldn't matter if he walked on water, they'd hate him; and another 30% are likely burned bridges or party affiliation folks).
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/23/17 4:52 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Chicago27
UncleJD wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

You're right, Hillary is a real Christian because she doesn't cuss. We should have voted for her, we'd be having revival right now.

It’s not about Hillary. It’s about acting like Trump is some great Christian and continuing to give him a pass. Nice deflection of the point. You must be supportive of his actions.
Friendly Face
9/23/17 4:52 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:
]

It’s not about Hillary. It’s about acting like Trump is some great Christian and continuing to give him a pass. Nice deflection of the point. You must be supportive of his actions.

Nope You said "Trump supporters", then tied support for Trump to his Christianity. Then decided whether he was a Christian or not. Nice of you to let us all know. Should we get a list of other politicians and get your decision on them as well?

I do support a lot of his actions (but not all).
1. His actions on trying to protect our country
2. His actions on trying to reduce abortion on demand
3. His action of appointing a conservative supreme court justice
4. His action of removing the restrictions of politics in Church for ALL churches, not just black ones.

And many other actions. But you must be right, he cussed so we can't support him.

BTW, I didn't want him to be the Republican candidate, but he was so yes I support him now but its not based on how good of a Christian I believe him to be. Its based on his actions that provide more freedom and protection for me to live according to my faith (regardless of his), and hopefully not having to fund the choices of death and sin that others may want (abortion, free healthcare for gay disease, etc..)

P.S. His speech to the UN was AWESOME!

Last edited by UncleJD on 9/23/17 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
9/23/17 5:25 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:
Hillary is a real Christian because she doesn't cuss.

You shoulda been with her bout midnight on the night of the election, you talk about knee-deep profanity...................... Shocked
Acts-pert Poster
9/23/17 5:25 pm

Post Chicago27
It’s way more than he cussed. He did it in front of little children. The evangelicals still sing his praises, blindly. Again, had Obama done that, Franklin Graham would have written an article about it. But, Trump is a baby Christian and has lots to learn in his walk. Throw up! Friendly Face
9/23/17 5:51 pm

Post UncleJD
Chicago27 wrote:
It’s way more than he cussed. He did it in front of little children. The evangelicals still sing his praises, blindly. Again, had Obama done that, Franklin Graham would have written an article about it. But, Trump is a baby Christian and has lots to learn in his walk. Throw up!

I can understand the "oversell" aspect of his faith by the televangelist crowd, I get that. I for one though, and I assume most other evangelicals don't support him based on his conversion (or lack thereof), but because of the alternative we had. I've been disappointed in several things he's done, but honestly not surprised. I hope and pray that his faith is growing, but that is no more than I pray for anyone else, not just because he is POTUS. I mostly pray for Godly wisdom as the leader of America, wisdom that I believe can come to any leader based on God's will, not how "saved" he may or may not be.
9/23/17 6:15 pm

Post I don't think Trump is a Christian ... Mat
I don't think Trump is a Christian, and I did not think that before the election. He is no more a Christian than Nebuchadnezzar or Caesar Augustus. He is like a politician who is turned inside out and we can see the sin and self interest that drives him (and them all). He is the exposed evil that lays under the lies of those who say it "takes a village" yet are willing to murder all the babies of the village. Who say we need health care for all, but complain that there are too many people in the world and they are destroying the environment. Who say we are a nation of laws and yet feel the law does not apply to the political and intellectual elite (or rich entertainers). He does not idolize dictators in three world countries and condemn Americans for disagreeing with their agenda like it is some kind of gospel. No, to me, Trump is no Christian, he's who he is all the time. He's no hypocrite like the talking heads on TV. I do like his wife, she seems nice.

Oh, that all politicians in all countries would be so exposed.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
9/23/17 6:59 pm

Post Cojak
I have my own ideas, but combine and stir JD, Mat and Aarons answers and I think you have mine.

I ain't happy with Trump. I think my main gripe is he is not stupid nor ignorant, but his vocabulary is very limited, just about as bad as mine. He sounds like a 3rd grader at times and rubs me wrong.

The real saving grace and long lasting point was the Supreme Court appointment.

I wish I could vote for a real Christian as President. But I try to vote for the best choice with a chance.

I say again, I voted for Jimmy Carter (ONCE) because I thought he was a Christian. I still think he was. Most conservatives say he was the worst we have ever had. YOu go figger! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/23/17 8:40 pm

Post UncleJD
Maybe we should have a contest every four years to coincide with the Presidential election but take place in October. Call it "Best American Christian" and let Evangelicals all vote on that to get it out of their system, then they can vote for President without feeling the pressure. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/23/17 8:45 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I am no fan of Trump, and most likely never will be. The problems I have with him run much deeper than his crude language. The only reason he won is because Hillary was so unbelievably bad.

I do hope he does better than I believe he will. We are pretty well stuck with him at least until January 2021, so the most important thing at this point is that we pray for him--to be genuinely saved most of all, and, that God give him divine wisdom, which he clearly is in short supply of, if he has any at all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/23/17 9:34 pm

Post Chicago27
I don’t mind having a non-Christian as president. The issue here is that he loves his photo ops with the evangelicals and everybody drools over it and at the same time, he has no respect for women and children in an audience. So, stop the “he is just a baby Christian” stuff and realize that he is who he is. Stop convincing yourself that just because Paula White lays hands on him, doesn’t make him a man of God. You know who he is. He reveals himself everyday. Friendly Face
9/24/17 7:47 am

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:

Almost every President in our lifetime was profane in his language. Why the moral outrage over Trump? I'll take a profane President who loves the country and wants to save it any day of the week over a RINO with clean speech who is trying to bring America down.
9/24/17 7:58 am

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Chicago27
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Almost every President in our lifetime was profane in his language. Why the moral outrage over Trump? I'll take a profane President who loves the country and wants to save it any day of the week over a RINO with clean speech who is trying to bring America down.

I knew you would be ok with him saying SOB in front of children. What flavor Kool-Aid do you enjoy?
Friendly Face
9/24/17 10:46 am

Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

I knew you would be ok with him saying SOB in front of children. What flavor Kool-Aid do you enjoy?

And I knew in your self-righteous rage you'd put words in my mouth, but I didn't care, either!! One thing is sure, you would never have voted for any of the Founders. I don't approve of profanity in public or private, but frankly, calling those kneeling punks S.O.B.'s was an insult to "S.O.B.S's" everywhere. Trump should apologize to them and their mothers.
9/24/17 12:47 pm

Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Let me ask you, holy Joe. Which offends you more, a President using inaapropriate speech in public to describe a bunch of anti-American thugs, or millions of people streaming across our borders every year who are hell-bent on destroying the country as we know it? I can overlook some of Trump's NYC crudeness if he will deal with some issues that threaten our very existence. But I have a hunch you are just as opposed to Trump trying to stop illegal immigration as you are his bad choice of words, and I bet it is things like the former that really tick you off about Trump. Well guess what? You belong with the Democrats.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 9/24/17 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
9/24/17 12:55 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... THE LOVE OF GOD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Chicago27 wrote:

Let me ask you, holy Joe. Which offends you more, a President using inaapropriate sppech in public to describe a bunch of anti-American thugs, or millions of people streaming across our borders every year who are hell-bent on destroying the country as we know it? I can overlook some of Trump's NYC crudeness if he will deal with some issues that threaten our very existence. But I have a hunch you are just as opposed to Trump trying to stop illegal immigration as you are his bad choice of words, and I bet it is things like the former that really tick you off about Trump. Well guess what? You belong with the Democrats.

I don't like his choice of words either BUT how many programs do our children see on TV that have just as bad language as what he said? No it isn't right. I believe he loves America and will do what he can to straighten out a lot of things that went on in the last 8 years.
I am sure Killary's language is bad just she doesn't say it publically at least that I have heard. She believes in killing babies and promotes the homosexual behavior and letting our men die on foreign soil when she could have done something about it. She has done so much evil that Trump will have a long time to go before he even gets near her evil ways.
I voted for him and would again. We are not voting for a Pastoral position, we were voting for a President. I believe he loves America and will do the best that he knows. No, he is FAR from perfect but he was and is our best choice. I pray for him almost daily. I have never seen a president so much hated and criticized as he has been in the 9 months in office. Everything h does is criticized - even down to the shoes his wife wears.
If we as pastors were criticized and hated as much as he is, we would be wanting to change churches. We could not take the stress. So lets pray pray pray for him.
Friendly Face
9/24/17 2:47 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Nature Boy Florida
Chicago27 wrote:

Chicago,
DO you hold the same standard for all people that cuss?
Are all Christians that cuss a disgrace?
Should Peter be removed as head of the Catholic church - a known cusser - who actually walked with Jesus - yet still swore under pressure?

Last edited by Nature Boy Florida on 9/25/17 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
9/24/17 2:52 pm

Post Re: Trump supporters.... Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Let me ask you, holy Joe.

I miss the Holy Joe tracts.
9/24/17 2:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic