Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

True or False?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post True or False? Aaron Scott
WE believe in one God eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/30/17 6:56 pm

Post Chicago27
Who is "We?" Friendly Face
8/31/17 8:58 am

Post Re: True or False? Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
WE believe in one God eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Why don't you read the DOF sometime?
It spells out what COG ministers believe.
8/31/17 10:03 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
We Believe:
• In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
• In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
• That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
• That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
• That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
• In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
• Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
• In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
• In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
• In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
• Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
• In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
• In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
• In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
8/31/17 10:04 am

Post NBF... Aaron Scott
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

The DOF is where I got the stem of the statement. It occurred to me that both Trinitarians and Oneness folks could accept the above statements.

Is it ENOUGH to put it my way? If not, why not? That is, are we adding the "three persons" parts to exclude those who see it differently? Or is that terminology essential for some reason?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/31/17 10:56 am

Post Oneness folks brotherjames
Would Have an issue with the DoF's statement about Jesus even if they might agree on the article about tbe Trinity. I don't know about the CoG's thought process when they wrote the DoF but the AG intended to EXCLUDE Oneness beliefs from our 16 tenets of faith. Acts-celerater
8/31/17 11:42 am

Post Re: NBF... Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

The DOF is where I got the stem of the statement. It occurred to me that both Trinitarians and Oneness folks could accept the above statements.

Is it ENOUGH to put it my way? If not, why not? That is, are we adding the "three persons" parts to exclude those who see it differently? Or is that terminology essential for some reason?

Sometimes I think Oneness adherents overreact to the use of the word "persons" to describe God's unique way of existing. Within Trinitarian ranks there are differing views as to what constitutes a "person" in the sense the term is used to describe the distinctions within the being of God.
But to answer your original post, the declaration you propose would be acceptable to most Oneness adherents, I believe. I often use the phrase, "one God who has revealed himself in scripture as Father, Word (Son), and Holy Spirit".
8/31/17 12:06 pm

Post Re: Oneness folks Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
Would Have an issue with the DoF's statement about Jesus even if they might agree on the article about tbe Trinity. I don't know about the CoG's thought process when they wrote the DoF but the AG intended to EXCLUDE Oneness beliefs from our 16 tenets of faith.

Quote:

That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.

The statement is fine. However, the term "right hand" does not denote a physical, literal geographical location. There are many Trinitarian scholars who understand this to be a figure of speech that references the exaltation of the man Christ Jesus to a position of authority.
8/31/17 12:09 pm

Post Cojak

I am completely satisfied with it as written or adding 'persons'. I feel sorta 'flat' referring to God as a person. (I know no one has to explain, I said "I" feel sorta 'flat' doing it)

I have left the mindset from my youth that 'Ain't nobody going to heaven from them nominal churches.'

My papa never said that, but from somewhere I got that idea. NO body, no being except God Himself can explain the God head.

I also think my God is able to know that I am in love with him and if my 'definition' isn't exactly right, HE understands.

I never underestimate God's ability to know the thoughts and intents of my heart. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/31/17 9:58 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Some day I hope to write a book on my experience as someone who has served the Lord on both the Oneness and Trinitarian camps, and who feels equally comfortable in both.
9/4/17 10:17 am

Post I have the title for you... spartanfan
The Double Minded Man With A Single and Triple God Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/4/17 10:42 am

Post Re: I have the title for you... Resident Skeptic
spartanfan wrote:
The Double Minded Man With A Single and Triple God

Sounds like the menu at Wendy's!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
9/4/17 7:14 pm

Post Good one! spartanfan
😂 Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/4/17 8:08 pm