Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

East Coast Bible College

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post East Coast Bible College Cojak
The killing of the thread about 'honorary doctorates' keyed my thinker. Was East Coast Bible College not profitable? I know much good was done there. But was it in the red?
I attended several 6 week Bible schools there on the camp ground. There were some outstanding teachers. I was not familiar with East Coast Bible College but did know most of the presidents. The Paw Creek campus was available after the City bought the campground, why was the movement not successfully done, and was there a problem? Confused

I do understand now that the Lee University extension (or what ever it was) is now completely internet schooling. Probably won't fit OTCP degree stats. Shocked Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/21/17 11:02 pm

Post Re: East Coast Bible College Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
The killing of the thread about 'honorary doctorates' keyed my thinker. Was East Coast Bible College not profitable? I know much good was done there. But was it in the red?
I attended several 6 week Bible schools there on the camp ground. There were some outstanding teachers. I was not familiar with East Coast Bible College but did know most of the presidents. The Paw Creek campus was available after the City bought the campground, why was the movement not successfully done, and was there a problem? Confused

I do understand now that the Lee University extension (or what ever it was) is now completely internet schooling. Probably won't fit OTCP degree stats. Shocked Wink

I don't have any idea about the profitability, but that appeared not to be a problem during its time on the campground campus since there was always enrollment.

When the idea of the college was conceived and pursued (and I think as long as it was on the campground,) it was under the jurisdiction of ENC & WNC. I think it came under Lee's umbrella once it was deemed a Lee extension.

The last sitting class on campus was 1999. The property was sold as part of a settlement from the airport. We were allowed to remain on campus for several years. One of the reasons behind selling the property had to do with damage being done to the buildings from air traffic and concerns re: air traffic. The airport expanded after the school's opening so that flights came directly over the school. When we were there over 30 years ago, the instructors would have to just stop talking when flights came over because you couldn't hear them.

The sale of this beloved property is still a sore point among many like you who spent a lot of time there in their youth. Not just the memories but the anointing that seemed to reside there. It has been reported that the tabernacle itself was finally dismantled this past year. Sad

I see no reason that the Lee U extension would not be a fully accredited degree since it is a fully accredited university. As far as I know, Lee extension classes require the same academic integrity as on campus.

I don't know why the school was not more successful once it was moved to the Paw Creek property. My personal feeling is that it had more to do with the debacle that preceded the acquisition of that property. Once it became an extension, I think the only ones attending were pastors who lived close enough to spend a day on campus to attend classes. Given the technological advances available today, it makes sense that it would become fully online and is probably more profitable that way today.

The alumni of ECBC continue to touch lives around the world. There are several ABs who are ECBC graduates.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/22/17 8:34 am

Post Re: East Coast Bible College Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

I don't have any idea about the profitability, but that appeared not to be a problem during its time on the campground campus since there was always enrollment.

When the idea of the college was conceived and pursued (and I think as long as it was on the campground,) it was under the jurisdiction of ENC & WNC. I think it came under Lee's umbrella once it was deemed a Lee extension.

The last sitting class on campus was 1999. The property was sold as part of a settlement from the airport. We were allowed to remain on campus for several years. One of the reasons behind selling the property had to do with damage being done to the buildings from air traffic and concerns re: air traffic. The airport expanded after the school's opening so that flights came directly over the school. When we were there over 30 years ago, the instructors would have to just stop talking when flights came over because you couldn't hear them.

The sale of this beloved property is still a sore point among many like you who spent a lot of time there in their youth. Not just the memories but the anointing that seemed to reside there. It has been reported that the tabernacle itself was finally dismantled this past year. Sad

I see no reason that the Lee U extension would not be a fully accredited degree since it is a fully accredited university. As far as I know, Lee extension classes require the same academic integrity as on campus.

I don't know why the school was not more successful once it was moved to the Paw Creek property. My personal feeling is that it had more to do with the debacle that preceded the acquisition of that property. Once it became an extension, I think the only ones attending were pastors who lived close enough to spend a day on campus to attend classes. Given the technological advances available today, it makes sense that it would become fully online and is probably more profitable that way today.

The alumni of ECBC continue to touch lives around the world. There are several ABs who are ECBC graduates.

Good comment Carolyn, Thanks. Cool
8/22/17 12:15 pm

Post sheepdogandy
"My personal feeling is that it had more to do with the debacle that preceded the acquisition of that property."

Yeah, could be. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
8/22/17 12:27 pm

Post Cojak
sheepdogandy wrote:
"My personal feeling is that it had more to do with the debacle that preceded the acquisition of that property."

Yeah, could be. Rolling Eyes

Very possible my friend. However me, you, and my friend from childhood, Joe, knew very well the property did not belong locally. I agree totally it SHOULD, however we signed on under the policy that our churches/property did not belong to a local congregation..

I respect any man who leaves the denomination and starts an independent work for the Lord when he has no choice and a moral failure is not involved. But that is me.

So yes it was a debacle and it was caused by Joe. Sad
8/22/17 2:12 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
What was ever done with the money received from the sale of the property? Friendly Face
8/22/17 3:46 pm

Post Re: East Coast Bible College Old Time Country Preacher
Cojak wrote:

Nope, incorrecto. If the school is properly accredited, online degrees are as valid as them earned on campus. Hunderds a regionally accredited universities now offer entire bachelor, master an docters degrees online. If a feller earned it at such a school, its real.
Acts-pert Poster
8/22/17 5:19 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
What was ever done with the money received from the sale of the property?

I'm not sure but I've heard it was used to buy the property at Whittier.

That is a question MANY people would like to know the answer to. It was a lot of money.
8/22/17 7:51 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
What was ever done with the money received from the sale of the property?

I'm not sure but I've heard it was used to buy the property at Whittier.

That is a question MANY people would like to know the answer to. It was a lot of money.

For one thing we ended up with a beautiful state office on some expensive realestate. I have never seen it but I hear it is really nice.

It is hard for older folk to understand the penchant of having our HQ in a high dollar area when most of our members don't fit that category.

Anyway as long as it works I guess.

In reference to the money from the city/airport: The property owners were treated fair, but the trailer owners (retirees & widows in trailers) did not fair as well. Sad The way I understood it was that Admin was ready to get out of the 'campground business'.
8/22/17 7:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic