Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The INCREDIBLE FAITH of those who have NOT been healed.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The INCREDIBLE FAITH of those who have NOT been healed. doyle
It was Jesus who said, "With man, this is impossible but with God, all things are possible." That is "all"-encompassing. So, we who are of the Household of Faith, do believe healing is possible. Many of us, possibly most of us, have experienced healing in our own bodies or have seen healing take place in others.

However, most of us know dedicated believers who have carried on for years, maybe decades, still worshiping the Lord though the healing they longed for has not happened. "Enduring" is faith too.

Some people drop out on God if they get a hangnail. Others carry on living faithfully for God even though physical healing has not come to pass. You know some dedicated folks like that too.

WHEN THE BODY IS ACHING AND THE HEART IS BREAKING
In our quest for physical healing, some have lost perspective about how much faith it takes to keep on going when our bodies are aching and our heart is breaking?

Listen, this is no attempt to diminish the possibility of physical healing. Of course it is good to express faith and hope of healing. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for..." but IT IS ALSO FAITH when one carries on without seeing what they have prayed for come to pass.

It is always thrilling the see or hear of someone receiving a miracle of Divine healing, but continuing on faithful to God when no miracle has appeared, is also a Divine response. Celebrate the possibility of healing, but also be aware of how much faith it takes to keep-on-keeping on.

To my knowledge, there have been no statistical surveys about it, but after nearly a lifetime of ministry; Evangelist, Teacher, Preacher, Pastor, Chaplain, I believe far more people carry on faithfully without experiencing healing, than there are those who do receive physical healing by prayer.

Yes, celebrate healing miracles. They are wonderful, but also celebrate the faith it takes to be faithful to God when the body is aching and the heart is breaking.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
8/19/17 10:28 am

Post Re: The INCREDIBLE FAITH of those who have NOT been healed. Resident Skeptic
doyle wrote:
It was Jesus who said, "With man, this is impossible but with God, all things are possible." That is "all"-encompassing. So, we who are of the Household of Faith, do believe healing is possible. Many of us, possibly most of us, have experienced healing in our own bodies or have seen healing take place in others.

However, most of us know dedicated believers who have carried on for years, maybe decades, still worshiping the Lord though the healing they longed for has not happened. "Enduring" is faith too.

Some people drop out on God if they get a hangnail. Others carry on living faithfully for God even though physical healing has not come to pass. You know some dedicated folks like that too.

WHEN THE BODY IS ACHING AND THE HEART IS BREAKING
In our quest for physical healing, some have lost perspective about how much faith it takes to keep on going when our bodies are aching and our heart is breaking?

Listen, this is no attempt to diminish the possibility of physical healing. Of course it is good to express faith and hope of healing. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for..." but IT IS ALSO FAITH when one carries on without seeing what they have prayed for come to pass.

It is always thrilling the see or hear of someone receiving a miracle of Divine healing, but continuing on faithful to God when no miracle has appeared, is also a Divine response. Celebrate the possibility of healing, but also be aware of how much faith it takes to keep-on-keeping on.

To my knowledge, there have been no statistical surveys about it, but after nearly a lifetime of ministry; Evangelist, Teacher, Preacher, Pastor, Chaplain, I believe far more people carry on faithfully without experiencing healing, than there are those who do receive physical healing by prayer.

Yes, celebrate healing miracles. They are wonderful, but also celebrate the faith it takes to be faithful to God when the body is aching and the heart is breaking.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

The same goes for other types of seemingly unanswered prayers. Some people with faith and a giving heart lose jobs and eventually lose their homes.
8/19/17 1:06 pm

Post Cojak
Yes it is amazing that continued dedication as you mention Doyle. Also the comment by RS is true on the other side of the coin. BUT WE LIVE by FAITH. 'tis good! Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/19/17 4:18 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Hebrews 11 also speaks of those who died believing but never saw what they prayed for.

IMHO, to continue to walk in faith when you do not see what you are believing for, you must have absolute faith in the faithfulness of God. When you are convinced He is Who He says He is and He will not fail you, that will sustain you through the hard times. God doesn't always do things the way we think He will, but He always comes through one way or another.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/20/17 5:57 pm

Post Hebrews 11:35b-40 Old Time Country Preacher
But others were tortured, refusing to turn from God in order to be set free. They placed their hope in a better life after the resurrection. Some were jeered at, and their backs were cut open with whips. Others were chained in prisons. Some died by stoning, some were sawed in half, and others were killed with the sword. Some went about wearing skins of sheep and goats, destitute and oppressed and mistreated. They were too good for this world, wandering over deserts and mountains, hiding in caves and holes in the ground. All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us. Acts-pert Poster
8/20/17 6:42 pm

Post bradfreeman
What a good word!

Pain, doctor's reports, symptoms all make believing more difficult. I've seen and admired many who weren't healed of diseases show strength, courage, love and inspiration to all those around them. Many even caused
unbelievers to come to faith in Christ!

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/21/17 8:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic