Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A gentlemanly challenge to a Brad Freeman statement

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A gentlemanly challenge to a Brad Freeman statement doyle
In another post http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=87536, it was shared where Hebrews 9:27 says, "It is appointed unto men once to die and then the judgement." Brad Freeman made the following response.

"This passage is not a promise from God of death and judgment. It is the truth that another was offered, that He died our death. It is the truth that another took our sins, that for which we would be judged. It is the truth that Jesus kept our appointment with death and judgment...He tasted death for every man.

So, we offer Brad an opportunity here to bring clarity to his statement.

In his first post of that thread, Brad's statement about Hebrews 9:27 was: "This passage is not a promise from God of death and judgment."

This writer has never heard anyone dispute that Hebrews 9:27 says, all men (except for those who alive when Jesus returns) will face death. Most likely, none of us have been fans of what the writer of Hebrews 9:27 penned thousands of years ago. So hearing that it does not say "It is appointed unto men once to die," is certainly wonderful news.

Brad, are you saying Hebrews 9:27 is not true, or are you saying that text was speaking about spiritual death instead of physical death? Did Jesus die physically so we would not face physical death, or did He die spiritually so we would not face spiritual death? I had never heard that Jesus dying on the Cross meant we would not face physical death.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

Last edited by doyle on 8/19/17 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
8/14/17 1:25 pm

Post Re: A gentlemanly challenge to a Brad Freeman statement bradfreeman
doyle wrote:
Brad, are you saying Hebrews 9:27 is not true, or are you saying that text was speaking about spiritual death instead of physical death? Did Jesus die physically so we would not face physical death, or did He die spiritually so we would not face spiritual death? I had never heard that Jesus dying on the Cross meant we would not face physical death.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

I am NOT saying that Heb 9:27 is not true. Laughing

I AM saying that Jesus tasted death for everyone. (Heb. 2:9).

But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. Heb 2:9

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; 2 Cor 5:14

So Paul says "all died". Are you saying this isn't true? Was it a spiritual death we "all died" at the cross or a physical death?

The judgment of the world was "now" when Jesus died. He drew all men unto Himself and died the death of every man. He took my wounding, my bruising, my chastisement...the iniquity of us all.

Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.” 33 But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die. John 12:21-33

Because Jesus died our death and took our judgment (we were crucified with Christ, made alive with Him, raised and seated with Him - See Eph 2:4-6) we find that we have passed out of death and judgment and into life.

even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Eph 2:5,6

Paul says God "made us alive together with Christ". Are you saying this isn't true? Did God make us alive spiritually with Christ or physically with Christ?

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. John 5:24

He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:26

This was a bit rushed, I'm very busy. I hope this helps.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/16/17 8:16 pm

Post The point is made clear in full context: Mark Ledbetter
Hebrews 9 emphasizes the superior sacrifice of Jesus in terms of the Tabernacle and Sacrificial system in heaven vs the earthly and limited Tabernacle on earth. The earthly sacrificial system had to be renewed continuously and specifically annually on the Day of Atonement.

As verse 26 reveals if the Heavenly Sacrifice had required the same as the earthly then Jesus' personal sacrifice would have to be repeated - but His Sacrifice was sufficient for all times and all men.

Then verse 27: "In as much as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment." This is a generalized statement. Judgment follows death.

Yet, verse 28: "so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him."

The salvation He brings at His second appearance is deliverance from the judgment that will fall upon all who not eagerly awaiting Him.

Add to this Paul's reference in 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, "For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Salvation from judgment/God's wrath is found in the Resurrection-Cathching Away depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17.

Therefore, there are two "salvations": Salvation from Sin secured by Jesus' First Appearing; and Salvation from Judgment/God's Wrath at His Second Appearing.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
8/17/17 8:20 am

Post Re: The point is made clear in full context: bradfreeman
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
Hebrews 9 emphasizes the superior sacrifice of Jesus in terms of the Tabernacle and Sacrificial system in heaven vs the earthly and limited Tabernacle on earth. The earthly sacrificial system had to be renewed continuously and specifically annually on the Day of Atonement.

As verse 26 reveals if the Heavenly Sacrifice had required the same as the earthly then Jesus' personal sacrifice would have to be repeated - but His Sacrifice was sufficient for all times and all men.

Then verse 27: "In as much as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment." This is a generalized statement. Judgment follows death.

Yet, verse 28: "so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him."

The salvation He brings at His second appearance is deliverance from the judgment that will fall upon all who not eagerly awaiting Him.

Add to this Paul's reference in 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, "For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Salvation from judgment/God's wrath is found in the Resurrection-Cathching Away depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17.

Therefore, there are two "salvations": Salvation from Sin secured by Jesus' First Appearing; and Salvation from Judgment/God's Wrath at His Second Appearing.

Yes.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/17/17 8:36 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Does this mean its now OK to dance? Acts-pert Poster
8/17/17 2:01 pm

Post OTCP Mark Ledbetter
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Does this mean its now OK to dance?

Has nothing to do with your silly question.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
8/17/17 5:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic