Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I won't panic, but I need prayer..

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I won't panic, but I need prayer.. Resident Skeptic
After having lived rent and mortgage free since June of 2010, I was forced to sell our home and land last November, at the insistence of my sisters who we co-owners.

The home in question was my mother's , who passed away in 2010. At the time of her passing, I was beginning to sink into a deep financial collapse after many years of incredible gain. Selling our home in Volusia County, Florida and moving into my Mom's place in a neighboring county seemed at the time to be a logical step, but I wish now I had stuck it out in the town where all my friends and contacts were. Since moving into my mom's place, we have never recovered financially. In all this time I have remained severely under employed. We were informed today that our application for an apartment was turned down due to my income. I still have money from my share of the sale of the property, but that did not count.

It occurred to me recently that every job I've ever had was because I knew someone who worked at those places. I never once had to jump through hoops to get a job. That was then. Since 2010, I have been drifting. I am currently working on my MA, but in the mean-time, I feel like I'm sinking.

The only real option I have left is moving to Mexico where my wife is from, at least until I finish my MA. But I feel no real peace about that, especially since it is becoming increasingly dangerous there. We were there over the Summer and there were 3 incidents of armed thugs literally at our door-step. My dad is 84, and lacks the normal paternal concern for his son and grandkids, even though I've never had to ask him for a thing in my life.

I'm clueless and depressed. Please pray for me.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/14/17 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
8/14/17 9:36 am

Post UncleJD
Praying for you brother Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/14/17 9:43 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Praying for you my friend. I know the Lord will make a way for you if you keep on seeking His face. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/14/17 10:28 am

Post Cojak
Prayers here my friend.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/14/17 10:44 am

Post Praying.... spartanfan
I'm praying for you! Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
8/14/17 10:46 am

Post Preacher777
Sad to hear about this situation. I will pray for God to make a way for you and your family. Friendly Face
8/14/17 11:01 am

Post JLarry
Just prayed.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/15/17 9:39 am

Post Resident Skeptic
JLarry wrote:
Just prayed.

Thanks!
8/22/17 10:32 am

Post Here's what I'm finding.... Resident Skeptic
If I put on my resume or job app that I'm working on my MA, people will hesitate to hire me for fear I will move on after finding work in a field that fits my major. But if I don't include the info on my application and they find out later, I might get fired. Can anyone else see my dilemma? By trying to better myself, I'm hindered from providing adequately for my family now. But if I don't better myself, I will most likely be stuck until age 70 working two low-pay ,part-time jobs 7 days a week that still won't make ends-meet and cause me to retire poor. Lord, I need a major breakthrough. I'm at the Red Sea with the ocean before me, Pharaoh's army behind me, and steep cliffs on either side. What I need is a company to hire me now that sees my current educational pursuits as a possible advantage to them later.

Should I leave info off of my resume? Would that be right as a Christian?
8/22/17 10:32 am

Post Yes, leave it off...IF... Aaron Scott
IF IF IF it is really hindering you, then, yes, leave it off. It's not dishonest to NOT tell people some things (e.g., if I were a spy, I wouldn't announce it!).

And I seriously doubt anyone would fire you for seeking an MA if you were doing a good job.

So, yes, leave it off if that serves your honest purposes.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/22/17 10:51 am

Post Re: Yes, leave it off...IF... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
IF IF IF it is really hindering you, then, yes, leave it off. It's not dishonest to NOT tell people some things (e.g., if I were a spy, I wouldn't announce it!).

And I seriously doubt anyone would fire you for seeking an MA if you were doing a good job.

So, yes, leave it off if that serves your honest purposes.

Makes sense to me! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/22/17 12:24 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Praying for you my friend!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/22/17 11:33 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Praying for you my friend!

Thank you, brother,

The challenge I face is not unique to me. Economist studies and publications everywhere herald the same bad report, men over 43 years of age who lose their jobs will have a very hard time finding employment that can sustain their current lifestyle (moderate middleclass) without upgrading their education, which will most likely put them in greater debt. Companies have all sorts of methodology they use for discriminating against this age group. I don't have the time or mental energy to refute their outlook. I just want to support my family.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/23/17 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
8/23/17 8:15 am

Post Resident Skeptic
delete
8/23/17 8:16 am

Post Resident Skeptic
I have an interview with "Medi-Share" next Wednesday. As usual,it is the places 2 hours or more away that show interest in me. They need someone who can start Sept. 11. Realistically, there is no way I can move my family that quickly. But we will see what happens.
8/24/17 6:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic