Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Rick Warren at AG GC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Rick Warren at AG GC Resident Skeptic
It's their business for sure who they invite to speak. And I have nothing personal against Mr. Warren. But with so few people receiving Spirit baptism within their ranks, one would think that a speaker could have been chosen that would help steer the AG back to its founding principles.
8/11/17 9:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
If letting Swaggart back in - Warren is least of your problems.
8/11/17 10:03 am

Post Re: Rick Warren at AG GC UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
It's their business for sure who they invite to speak. And I have nothing personal against Mr. Warren. But with so few people receiving Spirit baptism within their ranks, one would think that a speaker could have been chosen that would help steer the AG back to its founding principles.

I have spent the last 2 years in the AG for the first time in my life. I have now become aware of their internal fight over traditional Pentecostal worship vs. the seeker-friendly movement. The church I've been attending is one of the flagship churches in the seeker-friendly camp and after 2 years I feel like I've come to the end of that experiment. I came too late to experience the AG that you can only read about today.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/11/17 10:14 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
If letting Swaggart back in - Warren is least of your problems.

I'd say it's a wash.
8/11/17 10:14 am

Post Re: Rick Warren at AG GC Quiet Wyatt
Resident Skeptic wrote:

The AG in the USA has been in large part on the Rick Warren seeker sensitive bandwagon for many years now.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/11/17 10:43 am

Post Re: Rick Warren at AG GC Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I have spent the last 2 years in the AG for the first time in my life. I have now become aware of their internal fight over traditional Pentecostal worship vs. the seeker-friendly movement. The church I've been attending is one of the flagship churches in the seeker-friendly camp and after 2 years I feel like I've come to the end of that experiment. I came too late to experience the AG that you can only read about today.

This is why I understand why some are giving the Swaggart boys a second look. With JSM, you still have the old-time uncompromised message, but you have to hold your nose and ignore many elephants in the room as to the way they treat their employees.
8/11/17 10:57 am

Resident Skeptic wrote:

This is why I understand why some are giving the Swaggart boys a second look. With JSM, you still have the old-time uncompromised message, but you have to hold your nose and ignore many elephants in the room as to the way they treat their employees.

If they are that desperate, it proves that they have lost the battle already. I'm not surprised. The former largest AG church here is a beautiful but empty shell with a capacity of around 800 and average attendance of about 50, 49 of whom have blue hair.
8/11/17 11:09 am

Post Re: Rick Warren at AG GC Old Time Country Preacher
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

If they are that desperate, it proves that they have lost the battle already. I'm not surprised. The former largest AG church here is a beautiful but empty shell with a capacity of around 800 and average attendance of about 50, 49 of whom have blue hair.

I highly resent an find offensive your "blue hair" comment, JD. I ain't gonna tell momma, cause she would cry.
Acts-pert Poster
8/11/17 11:14 am

Post Where to begjn brotherjames
I'm no fan of Rick Warren and have faught against much of the seeker nonsense for years. He spoke at a side conference of the council not to the GC. Also speaking was Sam Rodriquez one of the most dynamic AG pentecostals there is. I think, like Mark Twain, the reports of our demise is untrue. There is indeed two streams within our movement competing for leadership. Our new supt Doug Clay is Pentecostal but appreciates what some of the seekers are all about. As to blue hair, that might be true here And There but we Have many young churches. Now over 14000 in USA. We also added a black man And another woman to our expanded 21 member EC. As to Swaggart, no one cares except our resident skeptic who has His own demons to exercise. Whether George Wood visited Swaggart or not, he is not on the EC anymore And RS is misinformed. Only the national org. Can reinstate him, the District can recommend but the credentials come from Springfield.
Again I say, swaggert is old news a lot of our pastors Never heard of him except as history And could care less. Btw my church seats 600 And we're full and no blue hair in sight.
Acts-celerater
8/11/17 11:40 am

Post Re: Where to begjn UncleJD
brotherjames wrote:
I'm no fan of Rick Warren and have faught against much of the seeker nonsense for years. He spoke at a side conference of the council not to the GC. Also speaking was Sam Rodriquez one of the most dynamic AG pentecostals there is. I think, like Mark Twain, the reports of our demise is untrue. There is indeed two streams within our movement competing for leadership. Our new supt Doug Clay is Pentecostal but appreciates what some of the seekers are all about. As to blue hair, that might be true here And There but we Have many young churches. Now over 14000 in USA. We also added a black man And another woman to our expanded 21 member EC. As to Swaggart, no one cares except our resident skeptic who has His own demons to exercise. Whether George Wood visited Swaggart or not, he is not on the EC anymore And RS is misinformed. Only the national org. Can reinstate him, the District can recommend but the credentials come from Springfield.
Again I say, swaggert is old news a lot of our pastors Never heard of him except as history And could care less. Btw my church seats 600 And we're full and no blue hair in sight.

The Twain quote is " .... premature", not "untrue", and that may be a better description of the state of the AG. The church I've been attended, the premier seeker-friendly church, is full of young people. Tatted, man-bun, feminine men and the lot. The other church, the extreme opposite, is nearly empty. I'm trying to find the middle ground and that seems to be a hard task.
8/11/17 1:21 pm

Post Jd brotherjames
You are correct, but we are out there. Keep looking. There is a FB page of AG pastors called conservatively speaking. They are people you would relate to. If you Tell me your general geographic area I might be able to suggest a church. Wink Acts-celerater
8/11/17 1:25 pm

Post Re: Jd UncleJD
brotherjames wrote:
You are correct, but we are out there. Keep looking. There is a FB page of AG pastors called conservatively speaking. They are people you would relate to. If you Tell me your general geographic area I might be able to suggest a church. Wink

I'm not really trying to find an AG church, just a church (I'm 4th gen COG, but have been a prodigal for a while I guess). I'll PM you and see if you know of one in my area, thanks!
8/11/17 1:26 pm

Post Read this manifesto from the conservatively speaking brotherjames
FB page. Over 5300 members closed group
Conservatively Speaking...in the Assemblies of God
Closed Group
To be clear:
We are believers in Jesus Christ.
We are Pentecostal.
We are Assemblies of God.
We are conservative in our stance.

Conservatively Speaking Manifesto

As Assemblies of God ministers and lay people, we are committed to the preservation of the sixteen fundamental truths that have made our fellowship great. These fundamentals are a response to the Scriptures, brought about by a desire to clearly communicate the plan God has for mankind. They also form a foundation for a movement established to please God. We realize there is a concentrated effort by some within our movement to undermine the strength of those tenets. As it has become clear, those opposed to these fundamentals are organized and motivated. We, too, are seeking a voice of orderly resistance to the degradation of our truths. Our effort is not dissension, but to simply stand up for the unity of doctrine that has always been the basis of our fellowship as well as the propagation of the classical understanding of a Pentecostal experience, and the power of God-honoring methods of implementing that experience. The Assemblies of God church is a distinctly Pentecostal movement built upon the foundation of the Word of God and structured according to what we believe to be essential and fundamental doctrines. As the statement of fundamental truths preamble declares “The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. This Statement of fundamental Truths is intended simply as a basis of fellowship among us. The phraseology employed in this statement is not inspired or contended for, but the truth set forth is held to be essential to a full-gospel ministry. No claim is made that it contains all Biblical truth, only that it covers our need to these fundamental doctrines.” We stand for the continuation and preservation of these fundamental doctrines as a basis of fellowship among us and as essential to a full-gospel ministry. We do not stand as outsiders to a movement, but rather as heirs of the movement born out of a Godly mindset. We cannot stand idly by and watch those with a carnal mindset or secular worldview continue to dilute our Fellowship and weaken or seek to change the truths that we have held as a fellowship to be sound doctrine and basis for fellowship for almost 100 years. We will, at every opportunity, express clearly, orderly, and respectfully our concerns regarding these problems on a local, sectional, district, and national level. We defend the faith, compelled by the love of truth and the joy of serving Jesus as Assemblies of God adherents. We have determined to preserve the sanctity of our forefathers' vision and God's direction for the Assemblies of God as long as there is strength to do so. As members of Conservatively Speaking...Assemblies of God, we pray that God will use us as a catalyst for revival. We are conscious that God raised up the Assemblies of God and we cannot renege or compromise the truth of His Word.
Acts-celerater
8/11/17 1:41 pm

Post Re: Where to begjn Resident Skeptic
James, you have no justifiable reason to be rude to me. Those who have gone this route with me in the past have been kicked off this board. I am sorry that you cannot embrace someone as a brother who does not adhere to the eternal sonship view,but that is your problem. If you cannot tolerate me then stop reading my posts.

brotherjames wrote:

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/11/17 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
8/11/17 2:36 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
A poster commented....

Quote:
Only the national org. Can reinstate him, the District can recommend but the credentials come from Springfield.

RS is not mis-informed. RS is a former Assemblies of God minister. RS never said that anyone but Springfield can reinstate. Nevertheless, recommendations for reinstatement come from the District. In 1988 the District had a pro-Swaggart government. Springfield violated AG bylaws by wrestling the decision concerning the length of Jimmy's discipline away from the District. Though Springfield approached Swaggart, they do not want to see Louisiana cut out of the loop again as they were in 1988. Marvin Gorman had to appear before the Louisiana District Board and meet with a counselor before a recommendation for reinstatement could be made to Springfield.

When I first heard of the possibility of a Swaggart reinstatement, I asked on FB if anyone knew anything about it. Within 2 minutes a member of the District Board PM'd me begging me to remove the question and refrain from discussing Swaggart's reinstatement on FB until the District has a chance to complete their responsibilities in the matter. Another SP, as well a JSM employee, later told me all the details.

In spite of all of this, and in spite of the fact that I did not initiate the Swaggart topic on this board, a certain poster has attacked me and tried his best to belittle and discredit me, mainly because of a doctrinal difference he has with me. His attitude is disingenuous at best since I reached out to him in private, sharing with him other information about Swaggart that has caused me great concern of the possibility of his reinstatement with the AG. The poster in question never acknowledged that I sent him the information and has continued to paint me as some sort of Swaggart apologist on this board. He seems to have some of the very traits that he finds repugnant in Swaggart.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/11/17 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
8/11/17 6:55 pm

UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Are you in Ocean Springs, Mississippi by any chance?

And who is talking about "blue hairs" anyway? People 45-55 are not old. I'm 51 and have no gray hair. What we are referring to are seasoned veterans, like the SP I mentioned in the other thread.
8/11/17 7:04 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:

And who is talking about "blue hairs" anyway? People 45-55 are not old. I'm 51 and have no gray hair. What we are referring to are seasoned veterans, like the SP I mentioned in the other thread.

the church I'm talking about has a median age of around 70, but the pastor is around 55

No, I'm not from Mississippi
8/11/17 7:24 pm

UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

the church I'm talking about has a median age of around 70, but the pastor is around 55

No, I'm not from Mississippi

But I'm sure there were many factors that brought this church down.
8/11/17 7:40 pm

Post Re: Read this manifesto from the conservatively speaking BishopsWife
brotherjames wrote:
FB page. Over 5300 members closed group
Conservatively Speaking...in the Assemblies of God
Closed Group
To be clear:
We are believers in Jesus Christ.
We are Pentecostal.
We are Assemblies of God.
We are conservative in our stance.

That page is Administrated by Jason Stidham, a frequent speaker for Jimmy Swaggart and is 100% supportive of JS coming back into A/G. There are ongoing negotiations.
Acts Enthusiast
8/17/17 10:28 am

Post Rick Warren BishopsWife
I was told Rick Warren was sick and unable to speak at A/G General Council. Acts Enthusiast
8/17/17 10:30 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic