Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

George Wood steps down from AG Superintendent

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post George Wood steps down from AG Superintendent Chicago27
While looking at Twitter concerning this, I came across this interesting tweet by the AG:

"When you received salvation you also received the Holy Spirit. And He came bearing gifts." -@PriscillaShirer #GC17
Friendly Face
8/9/17 2:10 pm

Post Re: George Wood steps down from AG Superintendent Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
While looking at Twitter concerning this, I came across this interesting tweet by the AG:

"When you received salvation you also received the Holy Spirit. And He came bearing gifts." -@PriscillaShirer #GC17

This kind of blows away the theory I heard that he wanted to reinstate Swaggart in order to split the conservative vote (AG conservatives are split on whether or not to reinstate Jimmy) and assure his re-election as GS. The theory being batted about was that Swaggart's re-instatement would cause a revolt among the conservatives with half siding with the forgiving liberals who also want Jimmy re-instated, thus giving Woods enough votes for re-election. It never did sound anything but silly to me.
8/9/17 4:43 pm

Post Re: George Wood steps down from AG Superintendent Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:

What do you know about Clay?
8/9/17 5:30 pm

Post I've been in meetings and unable to respond brotherjames
My good friend Doug Clay has been elected our new Supt of the AG. No one here has heard one word about any reinstatement of Swaggert And the people I asked laughed about it. No one cares. There is no THAT in that story. I think someone is pulling your chain. He is old news and there is no upside at all for the AG. We forgive and have forgotten and moved on. Acts-celerater
8/9/17 5:54 pm

Post Re: I've been in meetings and unable to respond Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
My good friend Doug Clay has been elected our new Supt of the AG. No one here has heard one word about any reinstatement of Swaggert And the people I asked laughed about it. No one cares. There is no THAT in that story. I think someone is pulling your chain. He is old news and there is no upside at all for the AG. We forgive and have forgotten and moved on.

I first THAT story right here on this board. It obviously did not originate with me.

Simply go ask Dr Woods if he flew to Baton Rouge to discuss this matter with the Swaggarts. He has the floor at the moment, but should be free soon. This would not be a matter discussed at GC to begin with unless a delegate asked to bring it up for discussion. Thus, I doubt many there are in the loop or in the know.

Ok. He's free now. Better go catch him! Laughing
8/9/17 6:29 pm

Post georgiapath
This might be the funniest post of Acts in a while. Guess we will see who is really "in the know" sooner or later. Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
8/17/17 10:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Anybody wanting to reinstate Swaggart would have been suspected of having lost his marbles.

Perhaps that explains Woods dispatch.
8/17/17 11:05 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Anybody wanting to reinstate Swaggart would have been suspected of having lost his marbles.

Perhaps that explains Woods dispatch.

I understand the sentiment. I more than anyone on this board am struggling to see any good in this, based on my own personal experience. However, I choose to give elders such as Woods and Gray enough of the benefit-of-the-doubt to wait until more information comes out.

More and more I am betting Jimmy backs out of the deal. Why shouldn't he? Woods approached him. Jimmy can claim victory and thumb his nose at the AG.
8/17/17 11:35 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dr. Wood was the vote leader by a strong number of votes.
He didn't have to withdraw his name but in a very classy, gentlemanly way he suggested the A/G could benefit by some new leadership.
He's been in Springfield for 24 years.
Dr. Trask (former A/G Gen Sup) tried to keep the Wood nomination alive but in the end Dr Wood prevailed & Clay was quickly elected.

The only negative that I heard concerning the new Sup was that Clay is a little soft on the A/G position that deals with consumption of alcohol.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/21/17 12:08 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Dr. Wood was the vote leader by a strong number of votes.
He didn't have to withdraw his name but in a very classy, gentlemanly way he suggested the A/G could benefit by some new leadership.
He's been in Springfield for 24 years.
Dr. Trask (former A/G Gen Sup) tried to keep the Wood nomination alive but in the end Dr Wood prevailed & Clay was quickly elected.

The only negative that I heard concerning the new Sup was that Clay is a little soft on the A/G position that deals with consumption of alcohol.

Hey, perhaps he and the GP's should discuss it over a beer. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just a joke.
8/21/17 10:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic