Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Seen it Again, a Docterate from this Entity on a Preacher's site. (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Seen it Again, a Docterate from this Entity on a Preacher's site. (L) Old Time Country Preacher
Now notice, I didn't say what preacher, what denomination, what site, but here is the link to a thing purportin to be a school offerin docterates. Fellers, these things ought not to be.

http://afoledu.us/degree_phd.php
Acts-pert Poster
8/8/17 12:11 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
The last Doctorate was a specialization in the "Message of the Cross".

Wonder if Swaggart could get a good grade on that one.
Or perhaps he is an adjunct instructor - or Chancellor.
8/8/17 1:01 pm

Post Fake Degrees Change Agent
OTCP, you don't need to say what preacher, just give us a link to that preachers web site. That would do a lot more to deter preachers from going to fake degree websites if you would post us a link to their website. Acts Enthusiast
8/8/17 2:25 pm

Post Two things, OTCP... Aaron Scott
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Now notice, I didn't say what preacher, what denomination, what site, but here is the link to a thing purportin to be a school offerin docterates. Fellers, these things ought not to be.

1. Since you won't name names, then I think you'll understand if folks things you are exaggerating your findings as much or more than you claim folks are exaggerating their education. Put up or shut up.

2. Why is this doctorate considered inferior? It I read it correctly, a substantial dissertation is required, a number of credits are required. It is because they don't agree to pay an accreditation agency?

By the way, have you ever noticed how an accreditation agency has a conflict of interest? Consider that a quality assurance company is probably not going to have too many bad things to say to the corporation that is paying the substantial bill for their services. Likewise, since universities pay the accreditation agencies to review/accredit them, how much weight should we place on the value of an accreditation? Is it valid? I trust it is, but maybe not.

I prefer to think that any organization of higher learning is going to have professors, etc. that take matters quite seriously. And that is, at least to some degree, an assurance of a quality education. After all, an accreditation agency is not going to visit every single class--and even if they did, they aren't going to do it but maybe once every accreditation period. Lots of trash can accumulate in that time, including professors who teach nothing of value.

Also consider that many of the universities that are accredited have some of the most foolish views on freedom of speech (i.e., not wanting anyone exposed to anything they might not agree with), etc., that it makes you wonder if accreditation is more of a club than an achievement.

Again, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/8/17 2:33 pm

Post Eduardo Nieves
If they are going to offer doctorate degrees, they need to spell check their site. Laughing
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/8/17 3:10 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
If it is posted on particular minister's website, they quite obviously are not ashamed of it. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/8/17 3:29 pm

Post Re: Two things, OTCP... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:

1. Since you won't name names, then I think you'll understand if folks things you are exaggerating your findings as much or more than you claim folks are exaggerating their education. Put up or shut up.

2. Why is this doctorate considered inferior? It I read it correctly, a substantial dissertation is required, a number of credits are required. It is because they don't agree to pay an accreditation agency?

By the way, have you ever noticed how an accreditation agency has a conflict of interest? Consider that a quality assurance company is probably not going to have too many bad things to say to the corporation that is paying the substantial bill for their services. Likewise, since universities pay the accreditation agencies to review/accredit them, how much weight should we place on the value of an accreditation? Is it valid? I trust it is, but maybe not.

I prefer to think that any organization of higher learning is going to have professors, etc. that take matters quite seriously. And that is, at least to some degree, an assurance of a quality education. After all, an accreditation agency is not going to visit every single class--and even if they did, they aren't going to do it but maybe once every accreditation period. Lots of trash can accumulate in that time, including professors who teach nothing of value.

Also consider that many of the universities that are accredited have some of the most foolish views on freedom of speech (i.e., not wanting anyone exposed to anything they might not agree with), etc., that it makes you wonder if accreditation is more of a club than an achievement.

Again, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

I agree with Aaron here my friend. You hint, allude to, etc ministers who are 'living a lie'. but you refuse to name names or even give web sites. Do you relly expect us to sift thru 3 Billion web sited to fine this CROOK? This sleazy dude who has the audacity to claim a DD?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/9/17 12:12 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
You boys amaze the ole timer. Almost 15,000 posts in 10+ years on Acts. When has OTCP ever made stuff up, fabricated events, posted fake news an such. Why would I post a lie? The ole timer wouldn't.

The goal from day one in revealing the practice of preachers who obtain less-than-credible, two-bit, worthless purported academic credentials was that in time, hopefully the word would spread among preachers at a grass root level an that fellers would stop gittin em, an them what had em would stop usin em.

All a fellers gotta do is use minimal research skills an he can confirm ever single thing the ole timer has said. For example, check the source of one's credentials. Go to the website of the school in question. It won't take ya long to commence spottin a bunch a ministry mills. For example, how many AB's is in the COG. At least 2 of em tout dubious docterates, i.e., a doctorate from a mom & pop seminary what no longer exists. One feller in the Div of Education touts a $495 degree mill docterate. Nope, I ain't gonna put up or shut up, an I ain't a gonna name names/links. Anybody what can't take the above info an learn on their own ain't really serious about knowin.

The opinions expressed by Aaron in the post above reflects an absolute lack of understanding of academic norms, such opinions only fuel the use of dubious docterates.
Acts-pert Poster
8/9/17 10:23 pm

Post Fake Degrees Change Agent
If you really want to stop degree diploma abuses especially in the COG just list the websites showing preachers with those degrees. You can yell all day that the buildings are on fire but let us know which buildings so we can can the fire department.

You gotta do more with all that knowledge! All you are doing now is posting info where those looking for fake degrees can easily find them.
Acts Enthusiast
8/10/17 6:44 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
It isn't really happening.

The story is as much a parody as old timer himself.

Case closed.

Old timer has made us trek a long way just to find the well has no water.

Thanks for nothing OTCP. All talk. No evidence.
8/10/17 7:31 am

Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Case closed.

A meager weak attempt to git the ole timer to say, "Hey, wait, its true, heres the names an links." OTCP ain't no first grader, NB.

Now, it is true that OTCP is a parody............a parody of paradigmatic proportion. But the dubious docterate stuff he posts is slap dab dead on true.
Acts-pert Poster
8/10/17 9:25 am

Post Nature Boy Florida

Case closed.

A meager weak attempt to git the ole timer to say, "Hey, wait, its true, heres the names an links." OTCP ain't no first grader, NB.

Now, it is true that OTCP is a parody............a parody of paradigmatic proportion. But the dubious docterate stuff he posts is slap dab dead on true.

If a fake degree falls in the woods and no one knows who it is, does it make a sound? No, except for OTCPs fake news claims.
8/10/17 11:02 am

Post Tom Sterbens

Case closed.

If a fake degree falls in the woods and no one knows who it is, does it make a sound? No, except for OTCPs fake news claims.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/10/17 12:10 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Having been a minister in the AoG and CoG for just shy of 27 years now, I personally have no doubt whatsoever that shady, unaccredited diplomas and degrees do occur among our ministerial ranks. I've seen it myself.

I can totally understand the old timer's reticence to name names. However, leaving names out of the discussion would seem unlikely, at best, to effect much significant change regarding this problem.

For my part, while I happen to think unaccredited degrees are absolutely worthless and ridiculous, I have no desire to hurt the reputation of ministry colleagues I've known who have such 'degrees.' My hope is that they will realize the worthlessness of the unaccredited diploma on their wall and just quit presenting themselves as formally educated. It's not as if education in general is held in very high regard within Pentecostalism, after all. It would be better for everyone if those who have obtained degrees from unaccredited colleges take them down from their office wall and just not talk about it anymore.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/10/17 12:40 pm

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
For my part, while I happen to think unaccredited degrees are absolutely worthless and ridiculous, I have no desire to hurt the reputation of ministry colleagues I've known who have such 'degrees.' My hope is that they will realize the worthlessness of the unaccredited diploma on their wall and just quit presenting themselves as formally educated...............It would be better for everyone if those who have obtained degrees from unaccredited colleges take them down from their office wall and just not talk about it anymore.

My position exactly, Wyatt!
Acts-pert Poster
8/10/17 3:47 pm

Tom Sterbens wrote:

Case closed.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Laugh on fellers, while some a ya colleagues manifest unethical behavior. Seems like I heard that if a feller is faithful in small things, he can be trusted with much. But if a feller ain't honest/ethical about toutin slipshod, worthless, credentials, WHAT ELSE might the ole boy be prone to do?
Acts-pert Poster
8/10/17 3:49 pm

Post Does unaccredited does not mean "worthless"? Aaron Scott
Yes, a DIPLOMA MILL may give out worthless degrees (e.g., a degree that requires nothing but a credit card).

But while an unaccredited degree may have less "utility" (as OTCP puts it--that is, it is not going to carry as much clout, etc.), an unaccredited degree may be quite rigorous to obtain. In fact, it is entirely possible that an unaccredited degree actually has more objective merit than one that is "earned" at an accredited university. Let me explain....

There is often considerable fluff in degrees. While this is often explained as making for a "rounded" education, it can also be explained as "more dollars in the university's pocket." Consider that a degree in theology often requires one to study Greek and Hebrew. Does it really make sense to require a term or two of Greek? I mean, a person is NOT going to be close to having an expertise...yet it's often required.

Now, if someone was going to MAJOR in Greek, why, of course you'd expect them to take YEARS of language. But is there no translations from the Greek that are so trustworthy as to not require me and my piddling year of Greek to ensure that all is on the up and up? Would you trust someone who has had exactly two semesters of Spanish to translate a Bible into Spanish...or from Spanish? I wouldn't want to put much faith in it!

So, fluff. Same with a degree in history. Believe it or not, you have to learn a foreign language--apparently no one can translate from German except...YOU. You get the idea.

But an unaccredited university might require less fluff and more foundation. Or not. But if not, then it might still be no worse than an accredited degree.

So, yes, an unaccredited degree may be unaccredited for a very good reason. An accredited one may be accredited...or a very bad reason (paying the fee required for accreditation). Hey, are there "accreditation mills"?

Just a thought.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/10/17 7:46 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Hey oldtimer.

I know some doctors that have degrees on their wall - but they just paid for them pieces of paper. They don't really have any training. And they live in your town.

Not going to tell you who they are - we wouldn't want to make those "physicians" feel bad - even though they are pretending to be something they are not - I know you would feel angry at me for telling you their names. They are your family member's doctors - so hopefully no one has any real medical needs.

Go ahead and thank me for helping you. Evil or Very Mad
8/11/17 7:59 am

Hey oldtimer.

I know some doctors that have degrees on their wall - but they just paid for them pieces of paper. They don't really have any training. And they live in your town.

Not going to tell you who they are - we wouldn't want to make those "physicians" feel bad - even though they are pretending to be something they are not - I know you would feel angry at me for telling you their names. They are your family member's doctors - so hopefully no one has any real medical needs.

You don't have to do any a that, NB. OTCP has already done it. Son, you better believe I check a fellers credentials if he lists em. An can I tell ya in two decades of research in this area, an area in which I have written extensively, the absolute worst abusers are preachers. Yea, you gonna find a medical dr here an there whats padded his resume or is an outright fraud. But when ya git into the discipline of the clergy, it is a blight. Not so much among academicians in "real" institutions of higher learning, but pastors, chaplains, non-CPE pastoral counselors, an ecclesiastical administration. Yep, them who oughtta have the very highest ethic is the most frequent abuser of dubious credentials------especially at the doctoral level.
Acts-pert Poster
8/11/17 11:21 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Hey oldtimer.

You don't have to do any a that, NB. OTCP has already done it. Son, you better believe I check a fellers credentials if he lists em. An can I tell ya in two decades of research in this area, an area in which I have written extensively, the absolute worst abusers are preachers. Yea, you gonna find a medical dr here an there whats padded his resume or is an outright fraud. But when ya git into the discipline of the clergy, it is a blight. Not so much among academicians in "real" institutions of higher learning, but pastors, chaplains, non-CPE pastoral counselors, an ecclesiastical administration. Yep, them who oughtta have the very highest ethic is the most frequent abuser of dubious credentials------especially at the doctoral level.

Guess it's hard to believe when you haven't produced one offender - not one.

If there is trash on the floor - the guy that sees it needs to pick it up and put it in it's proper receptacle. Since you are seeing this, you have a responsibility - to him that knoweth to do right, and doesn't, his fake name must be OTCP. Evil or Very Mad
8/11/17 11:28 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic