Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Calvinists Believe We are In a Simulation...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Calvinists Believe We are In a Simulation... Aaron Scott
That is, we THINK we have free will, but we don't. Thus, God has us all fooled about the true nature of reality. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/1/17 11:25 am

Post Calvinism=Matrix caseyleejones
It all makes sense.... Acts-perienced Poster
8/1/17 1:11 pm

Post Da Sheik
Any "'ism" is going to have its inherent strengths and weaknesses. For those reasons, I can't go all-in on any of them. I think Calvinism and Arminianism both have their strong points.

I could probably make a strong case for 3 or 4 points of Calvinism if I had to. But I don't enjoy the debate nearly as much as I used to. No one seems to find any common ground. Everyone retreats to their respective corners and clings to their tried and true proof texts.

The conversion story of the Apostle Paul is a curious one for those brave enough to wrestle with the text and lay aside all preconceived notions about sovereignty and free-will. Honestly, I'm ok with the tension of both. Perhaps it's not an either/or but perhaps a both/and.

Furthermore young Master Scott, it was your destiny to post this today Twisted Evil
Acts Enthusiast
8/1/17 2:18 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Furthermore young Master Scott, it was your destiny to post this today :twisted:

Smile Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/2/17 7:56 pm

Post John Wesley said... FG Minister
"If Calvinism is correct - it makes your blood run cold." I agree. The god of Calvinism is a monster if he "could have" died for everyone, and decided not to. That doesn't look like the love of God - that looks like HATE! How ridiculous the premise. Calvinists say "well, you don't know God's love like you think you do. You are looking at Him with human eyes." But the Bible says I know the Father when I see the Son. And I see Jesus coming to save anybody and everybody who will believe in Him. I'm not sure how the Father would be any different from His Son.

I believe John 3:16 when John says "whosoever" believes will not perish. I don't need a Calvinist to tell me that doesn't mean "whosoever" but actually means "the elect." Not buying it! I have read and studied Calvinism at great depths and the more I read Piper and MacArthur, the more Wesleyan/Arminian I become!
Acts-celerater
8/7/17 2:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic