Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

PART ONE: No, Jesus does not heal everyone.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post PART ONE: No, Jesus does not heal everyone. doyle
Link to PART TWO is at the end of this article

As a teenager, after hearing “With God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:27) in a sermon, I rushed home after church to find our family dictionary (in book form back then). In a drawer near the dictionary, was a small bottle of “Whiteout.” That was a liquid which one could use to cover mistakes on paper when typing.

Opening the dictionary to the word “Impossible,” I whited it out. Every since that day, every situation is approached with the knowledge that God can turn any mess into a miracle.

Indeed there are Biblical accounts of Jesus going to some places and healing them all. Even so, what is “possible” with God, does not always happen. His possibilities are not always our probabilities. Sometimes that is His will, not the lack of faith. However, just knowing there is hope in difficult situations, can in itself raise people’s faith.

LIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE
Like you, I too long for Loved Ones and myself, to live as long as possible. Jesus said we are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14). This world is a dark place, so let’s keep the light on as long as possible. Our light in life may help lead someone home through the darkness.

So like you, I’m a miracle-believing person. However, since Enoch (Genesis 2:7), “...who was not because God took him,” and Elijah who went up by riding on a chariot of fire (II Kings 2:1), the death rate has been, and still is up to this time, 100 percent. It is Hebrews 9:27 that proclaims "It is appointed unto men once to die, and then the judgement.”

The Book of Genesis begins with Creation including Genesis 2:7, "And man became a living soul." Genesis ends with the incredible account of the funeral of Joseph. By Exodus Chapter One, all who had lived up until that time except for Enoch, had died; Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Even amazing Noah who rose above the flood because he obeyed God, died 350 years after the flood at the age of 950 years old.

Every Old Testament person except for Enoch and Elijah, have died. Everyone who lived in the New Testament has died, including those who Jesus healed while on earth. Even our precious Lord also died. Scripture does not try to hide that even good people die, including wonderful, faithful, and Godly people.

Almost all of we ministers have conducted Memorials and funerals for some of the finest people anyone could ever hope to meet. A few weeks ago, it was an honor to help lead services for a dynamic, dedicated Pastor’s wife, age 58, a champion for God, who died early in life as a result of Cancer. One looks at such a Godly life cut short, and wonders, “God, I believe and trust You but…”

In our strong belief and desire for miraculous healing for Loved Ones and friends, we ministers can easily discredit ourselves, and the ministry, when we give people false hope. There is a thin line between wanting to offer hope, but instead end up giving false hope. Any claim that Jesus heals everyone, is in my opinion, not credible. When people are given almost certainty that their Loved One will live, and instead they die, that causes people to lose faith in God and in the ministry.

That is my opinion. I'm interested in how you feel about it. Your wise counsel is always welcome and appreciated.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

LINK TO PART TWO: http://www.actscelerate.com/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=763625

Last edited by doyle on 8/14/17 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
8/6/17 10:49 pm

Post bradfreeman
I've never heard anyone claim that Jesus heals everyone.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
8/8/17 5:27 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic