Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What I can share about Brother Swaggart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: I just Have 2 questions Resident Skeptic
georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him? 2. Why would we want him back? Whats in it for us. I get forgiveness And all of that but it will just stir up some bad blood, bad press And bad feelings. I just don't see it happening. Why?

It could be that he is doing this mainly for Donnie and Gabe.

Gabe was 7 years old when everything crashed and bears no responsibility. Donnie made the statement recently that "AG is my heritage. I want my heritage back". According to my sources, there is regret in the JSM camp for the way tings were handled 29 years ago with Jimmy even recently stating that any rift with the AG was his fault, not theirs. Donnie was never dismissed by the AG.

You have to consider that at his age, "legacy building" come into play. What does he want to leave behind for his boys? With his relationship with the AG restored, an infusion of support will ensue. AG constituents and others will begin to rally around their former hero.

Dr. Woods and the District Superintendent flew to Baton Rouge to meet with the Swaggarts a few weeks back. Why would they do that if they didn't feel God wanted them to?

Now understand, I'm still not placing my endorsement on anything. I'm simply laying out the information I have so we all can analyze it. My feelings on this matter are very mixed.

Who is Jeffrey Swaggart? I saw him on something the other day, had never heard of him.[/quote] Never heard of him.
8/9/17 8:17 am

Post Re: I just Have 2 questions georgiapath
[quote="Resident Skeptic"]
georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him? 2. Why would we want him back? Whats in it for us. I get forgiveness And all of that but it will just stir up some bad blood, bad press And bad feelings. I just don't see it happening. Why?

Gabe was 7 years old when everything crashed and bears no responsibility. Donnie made the statement recently that "AG is my heritage. I want my heritage back". According to my sources, there is regret in the JSM camp for the way tings were handled 29 years ago with Jimmy even recently stating that any rift with the AG was his fault, not theirs. Donnie was never dismissed by the AG.

You have to consider that at his age, "legacy building" come into play. What does he want to leave behind for his boys? With his relationship with the AG restored, an infusion of support will ensue. AG constituents and others will begin to rally around their former hero.

Dr. Woods and the District Superintendent flew to Baton Rouge to meet with the Swaggarts a few weeks back. Why would they do that if they didn't feel God wanted them to?

Now understand, I'm still not placing my endorsement on anything. I'm simply laying out the information I have so we all can analyze it. My feelings on this matter are very mixed.
Acts-dicted
8/9/17 9:45 am

georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Last edited by georgiapath on 8/9/17 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
8/9/17 9:46 am

georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Acts-dicted
8/9/17 9:47 am

georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Acts-dicted
8/9/17 9:48 am

georgiapath wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Acts-dicted
8/9/17 9:50 am

Post UncleJD
Are you ok GP? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/9/17 2:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
My contact at the AG General Conference has told me that it is highly unlikely that the Swaggart issue will be brought up at all. The decision on how to reinstate Swaggart is now in the hands of the Louisiana District. The fact that so few know about this should not be surprising since reinstatements are between the Executive Presbytery and the District in which reinstatement will occur. The District Board of Alabama has no idea who might be getting reinstated in Peninsular Florida, for example. Swaggart's celebrity status does not change any of this.
8/9/17 7:52 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
It has been confirmed to me that the ball now is basically in Jimmy's court. Whether or not he will approach the District on how the two parties can work this out remains to be seen.
8/10/17 9:33 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
So there was never anything going on after all.
Just a couple of folks wishful thinking.
Like I said when this was floated here - what is there for anyone to gain? Since there is nothing - it will never happen.
Swaggarts can go back to bashing the AG.
8/11/17 7:39 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
So there was never anything going on after all.
Just a couple of folks wishful thinking.
Like I said when this was floated here - what is there for anyone to gain? Since there is nothing - it will never happen.
Swaggarts can go back to bashing the AG.

Where did you get that? Yes, something most definitely is going on. The national and Louisiana district leaders of the AG traveled to Baton Rouge for the expressed purpose of inviting Jimmy Swaggart back into fellowship. How is that "nothing"? Reinstatement has been offered to Swaggart. Up to this point, his response has been positive. Whether he will follow through or back out at the last minute remains to be seen. I have heard nothing to indicate he is having second thoughts, but my knowledge of this family leads me to believe that a last-minute rejection of the AG's overture on Jimmy's part would not be surprising. There never has been any "wishful thinking". Information on a news story was presented, nothing more. As is the case with all posts on this board, some will find the topic interesting, some won't, while others will use it as an opportunity to satisfy their own egos by taking pot-shots at the OP.
8/11/17 8:55 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
You paint a story that AG is wanting him back - making an offer they hope he takes. I simply don't believe it.

AG will look like clowns if Swaggart gets in.
8/11/17 9:55 am

Post Resident Skeptic
You paint a story that AG is wanting him back - making an offer they hope he takes. I simply don't believe it.

AG will look like clowns if Swaggart gets in.

I did not initiate the Swaggart story on this board. I simply followed-up and investigated it. Now , either Dr. Woods flew to Baton Rouge to offer Jimmy reinstatement or he didn't. If you say he didn't, then his body-double must have been at JSM.

Perhaps the AG will look like clowns if Jimmy gets in. I'll leave such conclusions up to the readers. I am simply reporting a story.
8/11/17 10:18 am

Post Nobody cares brotherjames
Except jimmy. If Wood was there, it was at JS's request. The AG moved on long ago. Fake news or non news. No one in Anaheim had heard about this, Only on Accelerate. Maybe a scoop? But who cares? Just our resident JSM insider or now outsider. Whatever. Acts-celerater
8/11/17 12:56 pm

Post Re: Nobody cares Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
Except jimmy. If Wood was there, it was at JS's request. The AG moved on long ago. Fake news or non news. No one in Anaheim had heard about this, Only on Accelerate. Maybe a scoop? But who cares? Just our resident JSM insider or now outsider. Whatever.
Give a rest, James. You don't have to act like a jerk everyday you know. You are acting allot like the other Jimmy. Same arrogance. FYI Woods approached Swaggart.
8/11/17 2:19 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
With Woods stepping down as GS, and Swaggart's chief-advocate J.Don George no longer being a General Presbyter, there is great hope emerging among those opposed to Swaagart's reinstatement that the whole idea will now quietly go away. But with Brother James' buddy Jason Stidham seeing his hero shafted once again by the AG, will he jump ship to "World Evangelism Fellowship"? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/18/17 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
8/18/17 9:11 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:
... seeing his hero shafted once again by the AG

With all due respect - shafted - and - Swaggart - should not be used in the same sentence.
8/18/17 9:35 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Resident Skeptic wrote:
... seeing his hero shafted once again by the AG

With all due respect - shafted - and - Swaggart - should not be used in the same sentence.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
8/18/17 9:42 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
I attended the GC in Anaheim, met up with a bunch of friends, sat in on the biz meetings & enjoyed the evening services.
Spoke with a man (whom I can't name) & he confirmed the Swaggart account. He also confirmed Sup Wood visited B.R. La & that the offer for a reinstatement had been sent to the La Network (District) offices for their approval.
I was told that most likely nothing will be decided until October if even then.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/20/17 11:51 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Spoke with a man (whom I can't name).

Ummmm, an anonymous source huh? You ain't been correspondin with Perry have ya, Dean?
Acts-pert Poster
8/21/17 2:17 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic