Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What I can share about Brother Swaggart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Mat
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Mat wrote:

Good news, the COGOP has changed some. Now if you had a couple or three or so marriages, you still might qualify.

Couple =at least 2

3 = 3

or so = at least 2

Son, ats 7 marriages Mat. Ifn ats the case, hey, you COGOP boys has done way outdone the COG. Cool

True, it is hard to out due the COG when it comes to new wives. Beyond the ones counted as divorce, there are the annulments, so they don't even count because no marriage ever existed in the eyes of the church (I can't account for the eyes of God).

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
8/6/17 7:53 am

Post Resident Skeptic
JLarry wrote:
It aint agona happen.
I could see Jimmy backing out at the last minute. But is your comment based on information or gut feeling?
8/6/17 11:53 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Whens all this sposed to happen? Acts-pert Poster
8/6/17 12:32 pm

Post bonnie knox
Ole Timer, I think it could happen most anytime between the last blood moon and the coming solar eclipse.Mr. Green

Whens all this sposed to happen?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/6/17 1:33 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Whens all this sposed to happen?

It is supposedly a done deal on Springfield's end. Now the District has to do their thing.
8/6/17 1:37 pm

Post JLarry
I have no info. Swaggart has the answers to all the questions. He is the only one who understands the true Gospel. The rest of us only wish we knew.

If I were AG I think I would leave if he came back. For two reasons, 1- He has bashed the AG for over 20 years 2- i would not want to be associated with him. Nothing to do with forgiveness but because of his pride his attitude of i am right and the rest of you are wrong.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/6/17 4:01 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
JLarry wrote:
I have no info. Swaggart has the answers to all the questions. He is the only one who understands the true Gospel. The rest of us only wish we knew.

If I were AG I think I would leave if he came back. For two reasons, 1- He has bashed the AG for over 20 years 2- i would not want to be associated with him. Nothing to do with forgiveness but because of his pride his attitude of i am right and the rest of you are wrong.

Your attitude is certainly understandable and nobody can fault you.
8/6/17 7:31 pm

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
JLarry wrote:

I am just a bystander here, of course I have an opinion. But right now I just wanted to comment on the comment of yours RS, a good Christian response. Cool Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/6/17 7:42 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
JLarry wrote:

I am just a bystander here, of course I have an opinion. But right now I just wanted to comment on the comment of yours RS, a good Christian response. Cool Smile

Thanks.

The only thing that has given me pause to even consider giving Jimmy another glance is the influence of Dr. Gray. He really cares about the Swaggarts and wants to minister healing to them. I just hope he does not get hurt.
8/6/17 7:54 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
JLarry wrote:

Amen!!!! He has bashed just about everybody I think.
Friendly Face
8/6/17 9:57 pm

Post I just Have 2 questions brotherjames
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him? 2. Why would we want him back? Whats in it for us. I get forgiveness And all of that but it will just stir up some bad blood, bad press And bad feelings. I just don't see it happening. Why?[/quote] Acts-celerater
8/6/17 10:43 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him?

If reinstated, wouldn't Swaggart be eligible again to participate in the AG retired ministers pension plan? Maybe that's his motive.
Acts-pert Poster
8/6/17 11:14 pm

Post Re: I just Have 2 questions Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him? 2. Why would we want him back? Whats in it for us. I get forgiveness And all of that but it will just stir up some bad blood, bad press And bad feelings. I just don't see it happening. Why?
[/quote]

It could be that he is doing this mainly for Donnie and Gabe.

Gabe was 7 years old when everything crashed and bears no responsibility. Donnie made the statement recently that "AG is my heritage. I want my heritage back". According to my sources, there is regret in the JSM camp for the way tings were handled 29 years ago with Jimmy even recently stating that any rift with the AG was his fault, not theirs. Donnie was never dismissed by the AG.

You have to consider that at his age, "legacy building" come into play. What does he want to leave behind for his boys? With his relationship with the AG restored, an infusion of support will ensue. AG constituents and others will begin to rally around their former hero.

Dr. Woods and the District Superintendent flew to Baton Rouge to meet with the Swaggarts a few weeks back. Why would they do that if they didn't feel God wanted them to?

Now understand, I'm still not placing my endorsement on anything. I'm simply laying out the information I have so we all can analyze it. My feelings on this matter are very mixed.
8/7/17 7:17 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Now for some rain on the parade.

I have been advised on good authority that in spite of Jimmy's warming to the AG, nothing has really changed there as far as the way they treat employees is concerned. Scary stuff.
8/8/17 9:20 am

Post Cojak
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him?

If reinstated, wouldn't Swaggart be eligible again to participate in the AG retired ministers pension plan? Maybe that's his motive.

Now is that 'Satire'? Or just a funny? Confused Confused Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/8/17 10:56 am

Post otcp brotherjames
Just an fyi. The pension plan your referenced doesn't exist in the form you think it does. The AG financial plan has a 403b plan that I can not contribute to. There is also an IRA plan but only my employer can contribute to the 403b. And the fixed rate is 3 % per annum right now which is good but not when u consider the equities market right now. Good ole Jimmy is probably doing much better than that on his own And doesn't need the AG's little plan. Especially since he sold the college to Auburn or one if the the other colleges in LA some yrs ago for a heap of dollars. Acts-celerater
8/8/17 12:09 pm

Post Re: otcp Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
Just an fyi. The pension plan your referenced doesn't exist in the form you think it does. The AG financial plan has a 403b plan that I can not contribute to. There is also an IRA plan but only my employer can contribute to the 403b. And the fixed rate is 3 % per annum right now which is good but not when u consider the equities market right now. Good ole Jimmy is probably doing much better than that on his own And doesn't need the AG's little plan. Especially since he sold the college to Auburn or one if the the other colleges in LA some yrs ago for a heap of dollars.

No. The college was not sold. He sold an unfinished dorm tower to a major hotel chain.
8/8/17 12:19 pm

Post Re: otcp Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Jimmy...probably...doesn't need the AG's little plan.

Despise not the day of small things, hey, ever little bit helps when ya dealin with cosmetic surgery an the like.
Acts-pert Poster
8/8/17 12:23 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
The No-tell motel costs some, as well.

And if Gorman catches you - it costs a lot - a whole lot. Evil or Very Mad
8/8/17 1:05 pm

Post Re: I just Have 2 questions georgiapath
Resident Skeptic wrote:
brotherjames wrote:
Why? Why would Swaggert want to be reinstated? Whats in it for him? 2. Why would we want him back? Whats in it for us. I get forgiveness And all of that but it will just stir up some bad blood, bad press And bad feelings. I just don't see it happening. Why?

It could be that he is doing this mainly for Donnie and Gabe.

Gabe was 7 years old when everything crashed and bears no responsibility. Donnie made the statement recently that "AG is my heritage. I want my heritage back". According to my sources, there is regret in the JSM camp for the way tings were handled 29 years ago with Jimmy even recently stating that any rift with the AG was his fault, not theirs. Donnie was never dismissed by the AG.

You have to consider that at his age, "legacy building" come into play. What does he want to leave behind for his boys? With his relationship with the AG restored, an infusion of support will ensue. AG constituents and others will begin to rally around their former hero.

Dr. Woods and the District Superintendent flew to Baton Rouge to meet with the Swaggarts a few weeks back. Why would they do that if they didn't feel God wanted them to?

Now understand, I'm still not placing my endorsement on anything. I'm simply laying out the information I have so we all can analyze it. My feelings on this matter are very mixed.[/quote]

Who is Jeffrey Swaggart? I saw him on something the other day, had never heard of him.
Acts-dicted
8/8/17 8:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic