Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What I can share about Brother Swaggart
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What I can share about Brother Swaggart Resident Skeptic
Until the reinstatement with the AG is finalized, I feel it best to keep a lid on most of what I am privy to. I spent 7 days in Baton Rouge and am convinced that something significant is happening.

Strangely enough, some of Swaggart's closest associates are against him rejoining the AG. In a recent board meeting, one "loyalist" who was berating the AG was sat down by Swaggart who told him, "If there is a rift between this ministry and the AG, I caused it. I am to blame, not them". This is a far cry from the victim mentality he seemed to carry for years after being defrocked. He also told a board member that he considers himself to be the greatest reproach on the body of Christ in the entire history of Christianity.

At a youth convention being held on the premises, I witnessed dozens of young people receiving the baptism of the Spirit. Many youth pastors present expressed concern over the lack of emphasis on Spirit baptism at the national youth conventions of their Pentecostal denominations. Thus, they are turning to Gabe Swaggart and Crossfire.

I also understand that Gorman and Swaggart mended fences in a phone conversation before Gorman died. A face-to-face meeting was being considered, but the wife of one of the parties would not agree to this.
8/5/17 1:10 pm

Post Well I can tell you brotherjames
that in 2 days the AG will be meeting in our General COuncil in Anaheim, Ca. All the Exec. Presbytery are there now and the rest of us are arriving shortly. I'll tell you this, there will be some serious repercussions if they try to reinstate him. I still have not heard a word from the leaders I know. It might be a big secret but if it is there will be a huge challenge to it from many of us. Forgiveness has already been given but he has publicly fallen 3 more times since 1988 and I see no good reason for embracing him or his ministry now. He brings nothing to the table and all it will do is create negative publicity for us. If I was a betting man I would bet against it. COuld be wrong but I don't see it. Acts-celerater
8/5/17 3:02 pm

Post Re: Well I can tell you Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
that in 2 days the AG will be meeting in our General COuncil in Anaheim, Ca. All the Exec. Presbytery are there now and the rest of us are arriving shortly. I'll tell you this, there will be some serious repercussions if they try to reinstate him. I still have not heard a word from the leaders I know. It might be a big secret but if it is there will be a huge challenge to it from many of us. Forgiveness has already been given but he has publicly fallen 3 more times since 1988 and I see no good reason for embracing him or his ministry now. He brings nothing to the table and all it will do is create negative publicity for us. If I was a betting man I would bet against it. COuld be wrong but I don't see it.

It's best that you don't bet on this one. Gorman was reinstated. Swaggart's reinstatement passed the EP's 16-0.
8/5/17 3:26 pm

Post Re: Well I can tell you THE LOVE OF GOD
brotherjames wrote:
that in 2 days the AG will be meeting in our General COuncil in Anaheim, Ca. All the Exec. Presbytery are there now and the rest of us are arriving shortly. I'll tell you this, there will be some serious repercussions if they try to reinstate him. I still have not heard a word from the leaders I know. It might be a big secret but if it is there will be a huge challenge to it from many of us. Forgiveness has already been given but he has publicly fallen 3 more times since 1988 and I see no good reason for embracing him or his ministry now. He brings nothing to the table and all it will do is create negative publicity for us. If I was a betting man I would bet against it. COuld be wrong but I don't see it.

Brother, I was not aware of 3 more failures. I knew there was 2 in the beginning but had not heard of 3 more. I am surprised the media did not pick up on it and "make sure" everybody knew.
Friendly Face
8/5/17 4:32 pm

Post Re: Well I can tell you Resident Skeptic
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Brother, I was not aware of 3 more failures. I knew there was 2 in the beginning but had not heard of 3 more. I am surprised the media did not pick up on it and "make sure" everybody knew.

I was thinking the same thing.
8/5/17 5:15 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Will Donnie and Gabe be given AG credentials as well? Acts-pert Poster
8/5/17 7:14 pm

Post Chicago27
Quote:
At a youth convention being held on the premises, I witnessed dozens of young people receiving the baptism of the Spirit. Many youth pastors present expressed concern over the lack of emphasis on Spirit baptism at the national youth conventions of their Pentecostal denominations. Thus, they are turning to Gabe Swaggart and Crossfire.

What in the world are the youth pastors doing? They are the ones that should be emphasizing the baptism in the Holy Spirit in the local church. Do they have to find conventions to do their work for them?
Friendly Face
8/5/17 7:23 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Chicago27 wrote:
Quote:

What in the world are the youth pastors doing? They are the ones that should be emphasizing the baptism in the Holy Spirit in the local church. Do they have to find conventions to do their work for them?

That same question crossed my mind today, and I'm sure they are emphasizing Spirit baptism in their churches. But they are concerned still of the attitude displayed by national leaders on the subject. This is making JSM attractive.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 8/5/17 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
8/5/17 7:47 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Will Donnie and Gabe be given AG credentials as well?

Gabe was only 7 when Papaw failed. Donnie was never defrocked.

I am told Gabe is a shoe-in for AG credentials. Donnie, however, might face some tough scrutiny over his multiple marriages. But since he divorced his second wife in order to re-marry his first wife, I think he should apply with COGOP. Laughing Laughing Laughing
8/5/17 7:50 pm

Resident Skeptic wrote:

I am told Gabe is a shoe-in for AG credentials. Donnie, however, might face some tough scrutiny over his multiple marriages. But since he divorced his second wife in order to re-marry his first wife, I think he should apply with COGOP. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Honestly, I aint never heard at about Donnie. Didn't know he an Deb ever divorced.
Acts-pert Poster
8/5/17 7:54 pm

Post JLarry
It aint agona happen.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/5/17 7:59 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
JLarry wrote:
It aint agona happen.

What ain't gonna happen? It already seems to be a done deal as far as Jimmy goes. Of course, the Swaggarts could change their mind on a dime.
8/5/17 8:34 pm

Post georgiapath
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
8/5/17 8:52 pm

Post Mat
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Good news, the COGOP has changed some. Now if you had a couple or three or so marriages, you still might qualify. We want to be like COG.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
8/5/17 9:06 pm

Mat wrote:

Good news, the COGOP has changed some. Now if you had a couple or three or so marriages, you still might qualify.

Couple =at least 2

3 = 3

or so = at least 2

Son, ats 7 marriages Mat. Ifn ats the case, hey, you COGOP boys has done way outdone the COG. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
8/5/17 10:00 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Mat wrote:

Good news, the COGOP has changed some. Now if you had a couple or three or so marriages, you still might qualify.

Couple =at least 2

3 = 3

or so = at least 2

Son, ats 7 marriages Mat. Ifn ats the case, hey, you COGOP boys has done way outdone the COG. Cool

New seasons.
8/5/17 10:16 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
To all skeptics.....I cannot fault you. No outcome in this drama will surprise me.
8/5/17 10:29 pm

Post JLarry
It aint agona happen.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/6/17 6:23 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Mat wrote:

Couple =at least 2

3 = 3

or so = at least 2

New seasons.

Sorry, God only made 4 seasons. Then you got to do the same one over again.
8/6/17 7:34 am

Post bonnie knox
NBF, don't forget climate change. Even the seasons are not what they used to be. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/6/17 7:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic