Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

New LGBT bible app for the confused :/ (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post New LGBT bible app for the confused :/ (L) Dean Steenburgh
http://www.charismanews.com/us/65758-progressive-bible-app-wants-lgbt-christians-to-feel-included

I have no words!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/29/17 6:27 pm

Post Re: New LGBT bible app for the confused :/ (L) FLRon
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
http://www.charismanews.com/us/65758-progressive-bible-app-wants-lgbt-christians-to-feel-included

I have no words!

From the article:

"At its core, the holy text was written to be inclusive of all of God's creation especially those on the margins. With all of the traditional versions of the Bible, Our Bible App will include translations that refer to God in gender-neutral terms, and a library of progressive devotionals and other resources," founder Crystal Cheatham says on the crowdfunding page.

Actually, any app or translation that refers to God in gender-neutral terms is an abomination to a Holy God. What Crystal and others like her fail to accept is that God has given us His word just as it was intended. For 2000 years that same word has been sufficient for our salvation, growth, and spiritual maturity.

Besides all that, like Dean I have no words...except to say this is revolting.
6/29/17 9:27 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Actually, any app or translation that refers to God in gender-neutral terms is an abomination to a Holy God.

Would it bother you to read the New Testament in Greek and see Holy Spirit as a neuter noun? Or to read Genesis 1:2 in the Masoretic text and see Spirit as a feminine Hebrew noun?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/30/17 8:20 am

Post FLRon
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
Actually, any app or translation that refers to God in gender-neutral terms is an abomination to a Holy God.

Would it bother you to read the New Testament in Greek and see Holy Spirit as a neuter noun? Or to read Genesis 1:2 in the Masoretic text and see Spirit as a feminine Hebrew noun?

Yes, it would,if I'm being honest. And yes I am aware that I just opened myself to criticism.
6/30/17 12:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
Yes, it would,if I'm being honest.

I must say I appreciate your candor.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/30/17 12:19 pm

Post Queen James Bible Old Time Country Preacher
?????????????/ Acts-pert Poster
6/30/17 2:17 pm

Post We have seen ... Mat
We have seen publishers "reset the type" of the Bible for profit many times in the last two centuries. This is no surprise, the Word itself warned of those who would pervert God's Word to please mans pleasures.

II Timothy 4:1-4 (KJV)

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/30/17 4:25 pm

Post Re: We have seen ... bradfreeman
Mat wrote:
We have seen publishers "reset the type" of the Bible for profit many times in the last two centuries. This is no surprise, the Word itself warned of those who would pervert God's Word to please mans pleasures.

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Mat

It's always interesting to me how we pull a passage like this one out and make it mean whatever we want it to mean...basically, that whoever isn't preaching our "sound doctrine" is the one who has turned from truth to fables. This is risky business.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
7/1/17 8:29 am

Post Re: We have seen ... Mat
bradfreeman wrote:
Mat wrote:

Mat

It's always interesting to me how we pull a passage like this one out and make it mean whatever we want it to mean...basically, that whoever isn't preaching our "sound doctrine" is the one who has turned from truth to fables. This is risky business.

So, you're down with this "inclusive" app and translation? Wow, I would call that "another gospel."

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
7/1/17 11:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic