Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Judah4Him
sounds like a plan. Friendly Face
7/19/17 8:53 pm

Post chestnut ridge
Peanut Butter wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
This either needs to be a seasoned large church pastor or staffer. Metro numbers may be down for now but they still think and operate like a big church.

ALL three previous Pastors of Metro fit that description.

The only "inexperienced" Pastor Metro ever had was R.F.C when he started it, yet, he was the only one to experience great success.

I disagree, Dr. Walker had success too. The condition the church was in when he got there and the condition he left it in is night and day. The reason Metro can take its time to make a decision is due to Dr. Walker assembling a great staff and a great plan. Plenty of things going on at Metro over the next couple of months
Acts Enthusiast
7/20/17 11:42 am

Post chestnut ridge
Redneck wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
Do you think Metro would welcome a pastor with no degree past HS diploma?

I could almost with certainty say no.

Thumb Up
Acts Enthusiast
7/20/17 11:44 am

Post Judah4Him
When did Dr. Walker pastor Metro?? Friendly Face
7/20/17 11:51 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Judah4Him wrote:
When did Dr. Walker pastor Metro??

I'm confused.
7/20/17 12:15 pm

Post Peanut Butter
I think you mean, Dr Kirk WALTERS, not Walker. I never argued against any of the great men that have served The Metropolitan Church. I said all three previous men were from larger churches or staffers at larger churches and that doesn't necessarily equate "success". We can all agree she has not been what she once was. Friendly Face
7/20/17 12:22 pm

Post Judah4Him
I was replying to Chesnut ridge Friendly Face
7/20/17 1:52 pm

Post Peanut Butter
Judah4Him wrote:
I was replying to Chesnut ridge

I wasn't speaking to you. Chestnut quoted me and I was responding to him.
Friendly Face
7/20/17 1:57 pm

Post Judah4Him
I wasn't speaking to you either. Nature boy said he was confused. Friendly Face
7/20/17 6:17 pm

Post caveator
LonghornFan wrote:
Certain churches carry a lot of influence and prestige. While there may be larger churches in attendance, there are certain churches that just carry a certain influence, because they are strong in various ways within the denomination. I know that Metro was once THE premier church in Alabama. I have ministered in Alabama many years ago, but have lost track of things some. Is Metro still considered the "premier" church in regard to influence in the state?

Well, since there are 5 pages of discussion about Metro here, I would say that it must still carry a lot of influence. Don't they still have campmeeting and prayer conferences there?
Acts-celerater
7/20/17 6:44 pm

Post Peanut Butter
caveator wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:
Certain churches carry a lot of influence and prestige. While there may be larger churches in attendance, there are certain churches that just carry a certain influence, because they are strong in various ways within the denomination. I know that Metro was once THE premier church in Alabama. I have ministered in Alabama many years ago, but have lost track of things some. Is Metro still considered the "premier" church in regard to influence in the state?

Well, since there are 5 pages of discussion about Metro here, I would say that it must still carry a lot of influence. Don't they still have campmeeting and prayer conferences there?

In fairness 1.5 was devoted to Alabama being hard to get along with and ousting a State Adminstrative Bishop, 1 to a guy you didn't know, 1 to 2 candidates (one of which will never go to Metro), and finally this small piece about Metro.
It's hard to say premier when so many other churches in Alabama are doing so well. Metro has a beautiful campus and wonderful visibility off of an interstate, but is not the flagship church. They host Campmeeting, and Prayer Conference is in Mobile, but I'm sure you knew that.
Friendly Face
7/20/17 8:20 pm

Post Judah4Him
It will always be a flagship church because of the glory days w RFC

Last edited by Judah4Him on 7/20/17 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
7/20/17 8:50 pm

Post caveator
Peanut Butter wrote:
caveator wrote:
LonghornFan wrote:

In fairness 1.5 was devoted to Alabama being hard to get along with and ousting a State Adminstrative Bishop, 1 to a guy you didn't know, 1 to 2 candidates (one of which will never go to Metro), and finally this small piece about Metro.
It's hard to say premier when so many other churches in Alabama are doing so well. Metro has a beautiful campus and wonderful visibility off of an interstate, but is not the flagship church. They host Campmeeting, and Prayer Conference is in Mobile, but I'm sure you knew that.

Your point is well made and no, I did not know that. It was my understanding that Metro was the host church for all state events. I am from a bordering state, but trust me that Alabama's reputation regarding the things that I shared is well known beyond the borders of Alabama.
Acts-celerater
7/20/17 9:12 pm

Post Peanut Butter
Judah4Him wrote:
It will always be a flagship church because of the glory days w RCC.

🙄 R.F.C., Genius.
Friendly Face
7/20/17 9:18 pm

Post diakoneo
Peanut Butter wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
It will always be a flagship church because of the glory days w RCC.

🙄 R.F.C., Genius.

Who was genius?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/20/17 9:51 pm

Post bonnie knox
This is a funny thread. Maybe part of why it's so long is because of the posts which include, "What?" "I wasn't talking to you," and so on.
Anyway, RCC either stands for Raleigh Christian Community or Roman Catholic Church or Raymond C. Culpepper, who I presume is actually Raymond F. Culpepper.
I think Mark Zuckerberg was the genius. (But Peanut Butter was using the word in a sarcastic way to point out Judah4Him's error.)

By the way, the question of whether the AB can find a suitable pastor from Alabama reminds me of the question "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" That has no relevance, of course, just a connection in my overactive imagination because of the structure of the wording.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/17 6:59 am

Post Tom Sterbens
bonnie knox wrote:

"Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"

Forrest Gump???
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/21/17 7:26 am

Post bonnie knox
Tom Sterbens wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

"Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"

Forrest Gump???

No, Philip and Nathanael in teen Bible Quiz, probably. (It's been so long ago, I really don't remember.)
I've actually never watched Forrest Gump. I would be culturally illiterate but for the internet.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/21/17 7:46 am

Post diakoneo
bonnie knox wrote:
This is a funny thread. Maybe part of why it's so long is because of the posts which include, "What?" "I wasn't talking to you," and so on.
Anyway, RCC either stands for Raleigh Christian Community or Roman Catholic Church or Raymond C. Culpepper, who I presume is actually Raymond F. Culpepper.
I think Mark Zuckerberg was the genius. (But Peanut Butter was using the word in a sarcastic way to point out Judah4Him's error.)

By the way, the question of whether the AB can find a suitable pastor from Alabama reminds me of the question "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?" That has no relevance, of course, just a connection in my overactive imagination because of the structure of the wording.

OK, that clears that up...

RFC = RCC

and pie r round Smile

I always liked 'em proof problems.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/21/17 4:34 pm

Post Okay MegaBoss
So, two names so far and only one with senior pastor experience is all that has come to this point.

I guess it is a sad day in Actscelerate World and the Church of God if we are unable to come up with more than that.

Guess the ol boys from Alabama just need to chill and get on their faces before God and repent a little with all the overseer bashing and all. Maybe the leadership had a better handle of the truth about what was available and who could bring it to the table.
7/23/17 2:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic