Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Okay caveator
MegaBoss wrote:
So, two names so far and only one with senior pastor experience is all that has come to this point.

I guess it is a sad day in Actscelerate World and the Church of God if we are unable to come up with more than that.

Guess the ol boys from Alabama just need to chill and get on their faces before God and repent a little with all the overseer bashing and all. Maybe the leadership had a better handle of the truth about what was available and who could bring it to the table.

Surely you understand that, just because it is being discussed here, doesn't mean it includes all the facts of a situation. In reality, this type of discussion is rarely correct at all. As far as we really know, there could be dozens of names involved and the two mentioned here may not even be in the mix. It is my guess that about three of the names in this thread are the same person. I enjoy getting on here and stirring the pot a little myself, and I really don't even have a clue about any of it. So, don't take it too seriously.
Acts-celerater
7/24/17 6:19 am

Post Seriously MegaBoss
I never take this place too seriously at all ... that is why no one else really does either.

However, I do not think that was Doyle's original intent for starting Acts! But, what do I know right?
7/24/17 7:43 am

Post Re: Seriously Nature Boy Florida
MegaBoss wrote:
what do I know right?

Not much. Anyone that makes 13 posts on Acts and thinks they know something about the place isn't too bright.

Ride back out of town stirring up dissent on the donkey you came in on.

Evil or Very Mad
7/25/17 8:47 am

Post NBF aprilmay2.0
not sure how your comments to megaboss is constructive. He's admitting he doesn't know Doyles intentions. Why would you say harsh things like that?

This thread is about if a suitable pastor can be found for Metro, not about who's qualified to post based on their number of posts.

I think NBF owes Megaboss an apology.
Friendly Face
7/25/17 1:05 pm

Post NBF ... Seriously MegaBoss
"Not much. Anyone that makes 13 posts on Acts and thinks they know something about the place isn't too bright.

Ride back out of town stirring up dissent on the donkey you came in on."

Wow, you were harsh, but I forgive you!

Again, is there someone suitable in Alabama who can be pastor of the Metro Church? That is the question and no, I am not stirring up dissent.

Surely, you are not one being looked over are you NBF?
7/26/17 6:15 pm

Post Re: NBF ... Seriously MrSippi
MegaBoss wrote:
"Not much. Anyone that makes 13 posts on Acts and thinks they know something about the place isn't too bright.

Ride back out of town stirring up dissent on the donkey you came in on."

Wow, you were harsh, but I forgive you!

Again, is there someone suitable in Alabama who can be pastor of the Metro Church? That is the question and no, I am not stirring up dissent.

I know a few pastors in Alabama. I think there are many pastors in Alabama who are "suitable." Kevin McGlamery, David Smith, Victor Massey, Travis Johnson, Randy Smith, Wayne Sheppard, and a bunch more are "suitable." I think the appropriate question would be who is "available?"
Friendly Face
7/26/17 8:04 pm

Post bump MI6
bump Friendly Face
7/31/17 10:31 am

Post Re: NBF Nature Boy Florida
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
not sure how your comments to megaboss is constructive. He's admitting he doesn't know Doyles intentions. Why would you say harsh things like that?

This thread is about if a suitable pastor can be found for Metro, not about who's qualified to post based on their number of posts.

I think NBF owes Megaboss an apology.

I am sorry maam. But you are incorrect. He got what he deserved.
He said he never takes this place too seriously - and no one else does either, indicating he thought he knew a lot about Acts.
But, like you, while he may indeed know a lot - so much of what he knows is incorrect.
7/31/17 1:42 pm

Post bonnie knox
MegaBoss wrote:

best conspiracy theory on Acts right now!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/31/17 2:59 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

I should be - but I am from Florida - and since they recently poached Travis from Florida - HQ doesn't feel they can move all the best ministers to Alabama - no matter how badly they might need me.
8/1/17 6:58 am

Post NBF MegaBoss
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

I should be - but I am from Florida - and since they recently poached Travis from Florida - HQ doesn't feel they can move all the best ministers to Alabama - no matter how badly they might need me.

Maybe you should go to Metro ... since the way you seem to feel about yourself matches the number of posts you have given on Acts! Rolling Eyes

Did I just really go there?

BTW, the original post was asking "is there a suitable pastor in Alabama" that the AB can call on to fill the Lead Pastor role at Metro!

I have no dog in this hunt ... just asked a question ...
8/1/17 7:21 am

Post Re: NBF Nature Boy Florida
MegaBoss wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

Maybe you should go to Metro ... since the way you seem to feel about yourself matches the number of posts you have given on Acts! Rolling Eyes

BTW, the original post was asking "is there a suitable pastor in Alabama" that the AB can call on to fill the Lead Pastor role at Metro!

I have no dog in this hunt ... just asked a question ...

And the answer is apparently no - since all the most recent pastors had to come from out of state because there are nothing but backwater preachers in Alabama.

Of course, that's just one mans opinion.

I'm sure there are other opinions.
8/1/17 8:59 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:

Yep, you just got your right paw stuck on Aesop's Tar Baby. Now see what you can do with your left paw. You still have two feet left as well. Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/1/17 9:31 am

Post Link
In the Bible (Acts 14, Titus 1), the practice was to appoint the elder/overseers from within the very congregation they would be serving.
8/1/17 11:00 am

Post bonnie knox
Well, sending someone from Florida or Georgia might be like Paul sending Timothy to Ephesus.

Link wrote:
In the Bible (Acts 14, Titus 1), the practice was to appoint the elder/overseers from within the very congregation they would be serving.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/1/17 11:07 am

Post The names so far .... MegaBoss
Patrick Casey, Kevin McGlamery, David Smith, Victor Massey, Travis Johnson, Randy Smith, Wayne Sheppard ... I believe these are the names mentioned so far!

Since it seems that Acts is not able to suggest "Suitable Pastors" that could fulfill the lead Pastor role at Metro and since there is not any one secured as the next lead pastor yet, there may need to be some creative thinking needed,

What about Interim Pastors?

What about Co-Pastors?

What about Lead Pastors in waiting Training to take over some day in the future?

What about teaching pastors?

These four questions I think need to be in the vocabulary of the COG moving forward and be apart of our thought when certain churches or ministries are in transition so that leaders are more prepared to step in!
8/3/17 7:35 am

Post bonnie knox
I'm trying to follow your logic. You seem to think no one takes Actscelerate seriously, and yet, when some forum that no one takes seriously can't produce a name for a lead pastor, this is enough reason to suggest a change in how the pastor is selected?

Quote:
Since it seems that Acts is not able to suggest "Suitable Pastors" that could fulfill the lead Pastor role at Metro and since there is not any one secured as the next lead pastor yet, there may need to be some creative thinking needed,
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/3/17 7:42 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
I'm trying to follow your logic. You seem to think no one takes Actscelerate seriously, and yet, when some forum that no one takes seriously can't produce a name for a lead pastor, this is enough reason to suggest a change in how the pastor is selected?

Quote:

Seems like Mega Incompetence to me.
8/3/17 8:18 am

Post You two MegaBoss
bonnie knox wrote:

Quote:

You two are too funny when it comes to your laughable statements concerning my thinking! Regardless of your trite responses to my sincere statement concerning the Metro Church of God and the Alabama's AB finding a suitable pastor from Alabama shows the need for additional methods with pastoral transition.

Bonnie and NBF I do not know what your beef may be with me, but as it relates to the COG and pastoral transitions, some times we need to think about additional methods than what has happened in the past.

I will give one example and that is interim pastors! In some states the COG State Office personnel have stepped in to fill in as interim pastor. And, sometimes retired pastors have filled in as Interim pastors. This creates an atmosphere of transition over a period of time and potentially builds trust with the AB and the local church. So, my thought is that an interim pastor may be needed for a church like Metro.
8/13/17 11:23 am

Post Current Executive famousflavius
They should let the current executive pastor become the senior pastor. He is a wonderful person and has the genuine heart of a shepherd. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
8/13/17 5:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic