Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama? MegaBoss
Enquiring Minds want to know!
6/25/17 3:21 pm

Post caveator
On another note, four of the larger churches in North Georgia have now consecutively been filled by out of state pastors, two of whom are from Alabama, and all you hear is celebration and congratulations from North Georgia pastors. It is interesting to see the drastically different responses from the two states. Acts-celerater
6/25/17 3:50 pm

Post Redneck
caveator wrote:
On another note, four of the larger churches in North Georgia have now consecutively been filled by out of state pastors, two of whom are from Alabama, and all you hear is celebration and congratulations from North Georgia pastors. It is interesting to see the drastically different responses from the two states.

Amazing isn't it? I hope it is someone from out of state, for this very reason. I detest the good ol' boy network of Alabama.
6/25/17 5:13 pm

Post Judah4Him
I can't think of one pastor in Alabama I think would do well in that setting...and I don't believe there's anyone on the Metro staff capable of stepping into this role either. Should prove interesting... Friendly Face
6/25/17 10:09 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Judah,

Do you know every pastor in the state of Alabama? Your statement is asanine. I can think of many within the state who would do a stellar job at Metro!

Last edited by Kyle Morrow on 6/27/17 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
6/26/17 12:43 am

Post Brandon Bowers
Today I learned that God's will is subject to man-made maps and denominational boundary lines...

Who knew??

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
6/26/17 8:37 am

Post Metro MI6
There are qualified men in Alabama that can pastor Metro and have a great ministry there - BUT - the question is this, " Will They Be Given The Opportunity?"

There is always THAT GROUP of men that think that DESERVE the church due to position or perceived status.

There are other men that think that the AB is their friend, SO, the church should be given to them.

When I read the Walker/Mount Paran North post it is obvious that a"behind the scene" deal was already made for the Atlanta area church, so the question should be asked "has a deal been made with Metro?"

I hope that God's Will can be accomplished at Metro - BUT - I no longer have confidence in the denomination, the system or the nature of the men running the system to think that it can.

What will win the day when is comes to placing a pastor in Metro...
Prayer & Fasting and Spirit Led Direction OR Church Politics?
Friendly Face
6/26/17 11:16 am

Post Tom Sterbens
Judah4Him wrote:
I can't think of one pastor in Alabama I think would do well in that setting...and I don't believe there's anyone on the Metro staff capable of stepping into this role either. Should prove interesting...

Patrick Casey
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/26/17 11:33 am

Post If he's the right man for the job... roughridercog
Then it doesn't matter what state he comes from. It's time we lose the idea that we should move up simply because we are an in state man.
6/26/17 11:54 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
The CoG has several financially strong, good-sized churches in that state. Of course, one would have to wonder if any of those pastors would be interested in leaving where they are. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/26/17 12:27 pm

Post The COG Apostle
Your ministerial license is not with a state. It is with the Church of God, International. Get over the "good old boy" network and allow God to place who He chooses to lead congregations regardless of where they are from. Acts-celerater
6/26/17 3:19 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
I can't think of one pastor in Alabama I think would do well in that setting...and I don't believe there's anyone on the Metro staff capable of stepping into this role either. Should prove interesting...

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!
6/26/17 4:29 pm

Post Cojak
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Judah,

Do you know every pastor in the state of Alabama? Your statement is asanine. I can't think of many within the state who would do a stellar job at Metro!

Kyle, you sure do not think highly of your fellows that you left in Alabama. Are you mad at every one? It reads a little confusing dude. No wonder you left son. They musta been gonna scalp you! Shocked

And you think Judah is asinine??? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/26/17 10:17 pm

Post bonnie knox
Possibly he meant to say "wouldn't." [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/26/17 10:22 pm

Post Cojak
IMHO If God does have a man he wants at any church, no man is going to stop his going there. Somehow I think GOD has that power! Shocked Cool
6/26/17 10:28 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Possibly he meant to say "wouldn't."

Possibly. but if you plan on taking a shot at someone, you need a better aim. Just my opinion! Cool

(Yeah I know the pot kettle thing, but.....) Shocked
6/26/17 10:37 pm

Post caveator
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!

Is this an Alabama pastor? From what I hear, they will run off an overseer, boycott, and shun you if you dare appoint anyone from beyond the state lines. I was even told that someone made a motion at their state minister's meeting that out of state ministers could not be considered until in-state ministers were considered first. It is laughable and ridiculous!
Acts-celerater
6/26/17 10:43 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Cojak wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Judah,

Do you know every pastor in the state of Alabama? Your statement is asanine. I can't think of many within the state who would do a stellar job at Metro!

Kyle, you sure do not think highly of your fellows that you left in Alabama. Are you mad at every one? It reads a little confusing dude. No wonder you left son. They musta been gonna scalp you! Shocked

And you think Judah is asinine??? Shocked

Cojak,

Thanks for pointing this out. It was an error. What I meant to write was "I can think of many in this state who would do a stellar job at Metro."

Last edited by Kyle Morrow on 6/27/17 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
6/27/17 12:18 am

Post Kyle Morrow
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!

Is this an Alabama pastor? From what I hear, they will run off an overseer, boycott, and shun you if you dare appoint anyone from beyond the state lines. I was even told that someone made a motion at their state minister's meeting that out of state ministers could not be considered until in-state ministers were considered first. It is laughable and ridiculous!

No one has ran off any overseer,I don't know if any boycott. Prayer Conference and Campmeeting were well attended. I was also at the State Ministers Meeting and no such motion was made.
6/27/17 12:20 am

Post georgiapath
Brandon Bowers wrote:
Today I learned that God's will is subject to man-made maps and denominational boundary lines...

Who knew??

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I thought everyone did. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/27/17 12:23 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic