Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Metro Announcement (L) chestnut ridge
famousflavius wrote:
Here is an announcement video from the Metro church that explains the process.
https://www.facebook.com/MetropolitanChurchBHM/videos/vb.126878767337126/1748480635176923/?type=2&theater

Outstanding!!!
Acts Enthusiast
7/7/17 2:19 pm

Post Judah4Him
Tom, what makes you recommend Pat? Nice guy but pastoring his first church and that is a very small tithe number. Friendly Face
7/7/17 7:51 pm

Post Cojak
Judah4Him wrote:
Tom, what makes you recommend Pat? Nice guy but pastoring his first church and that is a very small tithe number.

From the pew, we do not care about the 'big step' or the 'little step'. We really care about a dedicated leader with proven results.

Where there is a good staff in place, what you need is a caring and loving leader WHO CAN DELIVER THE WORD. Looking into the lights, the minister cannot see the 300 or 2000. And if he is delivering the Word, that would not matter anyway. Most ministers are 'professionals' no matter the title you apply. And the numbers do not matter to the professional, he just delivers what he is Given by the Lord.
Some of the professionals, no matter their experience or abilities CANNOT DELIVER the Word.

Sorry to ramble. But as a member I have seen too many pastors selected 'because they have paid their dues'. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/7/17 9:41 pm

Post Suitable definition MegaBoss
suit·a·ble
[ˈso͞odəb(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
right or appropriate for a particular person, purpose, or situation:
"these toys are not suitable for children under five"
synonyms: acceptable · satisfactory · fitting · right up someone's alley · appropriate · fitting · fit · acceptable · right · appropriate to/for · suited to · befitting · in keeping with · cut out for · proper · seemly · decent · appropriate · fitting · befitting · correct · due · well qualified · well suited · appropriate · fitting

This is the key word for this posts original context and all we come up with is one name and a whole lot of banter and sarcasm. Needless to say, that seems like most pastoral transitions talked about on actscelerate!

For instance, a good question or questions to answer is "Is Patrick Casey a suitable selection for Metro and what are those reasons?"

Now, as it relates to that church, those of us who do not attend nor are members do not have a dog in the hunt, so to speak. So, if you want a promotion as an Alabama Church of God pastor, dust off the resume, your bible and your altar and get busy.

Let me conclude, you may not be a perfect fit where you are at or where you go to, but if you are suitable, you may do well!
7/8/17 8:17 am

Post Metro MI6
Bump Friendly Face
7/12/17 8:57 am

Post in state aprilmay2.0
my money is on an in-state appointment. The last AB "coincidentally" left alabama after a few out of state pastors were appointed.

you can leave arizona, or even indiana, but by the time you work your way up to alabama you're usually in it as a lifer.

Overseers don't just leave alabama unless Florida, SC, Tennessee, or NGA calls.

So.. if the current AB is smart, he'll hire instate.
Friendly Face
7/12/17 2:05 pm

Post Re: in state FLRon
aprilmay2.0 wrote:
my money is on an in-state appointment. The last AB "coincidentally" left alabama after a few out of state pastors were appointed.

you can leave arizona, or even indiana, but by the time you work your way up to alabama you're usually in it as a lifer.

Overseers don't just leave alabama unless Florida, SC, Tennessee, or NGA calls.

So.. if the current AB is smart, he'll hire instate.

Or if he is wise, he will do as the Lord directs.
7/12/17 2:11 pm

Post Peanut Butter
Bump Friendly Face
7/14/17 10:35 am

Post Peanut Butter
I don't have a dog in the fight, but I am interested. I too would like to hear from Tom's perspective on his reasons for the selection. Although, it is noted no one else has offered a name, nor given a reason why the one name submitted is not suitable.

I did some of my own asking, and from a very reliable source in Alabama I hear great things. Patrick is an unlikely candidate because he has apparently marched to his own drum beat, and has not followed the traditional paths of promotion, but he seems to have been successful non-the-less. I have been told his name was mentioned in several circles from men that know him and his work up close.

I was told the church runs closer to 500 and the stats given earlier are old. He assumed the roll of Pastor there with 7 elderly white people in a black neighborhood. They have since relocated and revitalized and are growing fairly quickly. Judah4Him mentioned Patrick was at his "first church", but failed to mention he's been there 12 years, and was an Executive and Student pastor prior to that. I don't think a man can run a church that size on 50k per year (as suggested) and if he can, he is not only suitable for the Metropolitan Church, but maybe he should be promoted to the General Overseers office. Additionally, Metro may have a large income, but a fairly healthy outgo as well, with considerable debt. His church, Christian Life has zero debt.

Has anyone reached out to him? We are discussing the qualifications of a man that may not even be interested in a move if he were offered.
Friendly Face
7/14/17 11:54 am

Post Metro's next Pastor MI6
There are members of Metro want an Alabama man... that just came to Alabama from Georgia... Friendly Face
7/14/17 2:53 pm

Post Peanut Butter
VM will not go. Friendly Face
7/14/17 3:22 pm

Post cstephenson88
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't two pastors from Georgia come to Alabama last year? Newbie
7/14/17 4:20 pm

Post Judah4Him
Where was Pat executive pastor? He was youth pastor at Oak Park. I have family in that church. He was not executive pastor. I am willing to confirm that further but I've checked already.

And better check that 500 number carefully.

What is the most current tithe reported at CLC? It used to list as N/R every month.
Friendly Face
7/14/17 4:41 pm

Post Peanut Butter
Under Gary Tygart after Randy Higgenbotam.
The source I have is very credible. I don't need to check closely the numbers, I'm confident. You call him "Pat" I see, apparently you know him better than I do.
You seem to know a lot, have you attended his church? Sat through any financial meetings? Maybe you think more about the reporting system than some do. That is a matter for another discussion. This is about a person's suitability. You said he was "nice" in an earlier post, BUT your post seems to indicate differently.
Your family that attends the church, did they say he performed poorly, I understand he was quite successful there, is that not so?
Friendly Face
7/14/17 5:17 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Judah4Him wrote:
Tom, what makes you recommend Pat? Nice guy but pastoring his first church and that is a very small tithe number.

I have limited knowledge of Metro, but I do know Patrick a bit.
Generally speaking - what I know of Patrick's personality and leadership style and how I think it would fit Metro in terms of the history, organizational DNA, and life cycle.

And remember - this thread originally addressed the issue of a COG pastor from within Alabama.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/14/17 8:06 pm

Post LonghornFan
Peanut Butter wrote:
I don't have a dog in the fight, but I am interested. I too would like to hear from Tom's perspective on his reasons for the selection. Although, it is noted no one else has offered a name, nor given a reason why the one name submitted is not suitable.

I did some of my own asking, and from a very reliable source in Alabama I hear great things. Patrick is an unlikely candidate because he has apparently marched to his own drum beat, and has not followed the traditional paths of promotion, but he seems to have been successful non-the-less. I have been told his name was mentioned in several circles from men that know him and his work up close.

I was told the church runs closer to 500 and the stats given earlier are old. He assumed the roll of Pastor there with 7 elderly white people in a black neighborhood. They have since relocated and revitalized and are growing fairly quickly. Judah4Him mentioned Patrick was at his "first church", but failed to mention he's been there 12 years, and was an Executive and Student pastor prior to that. I don't think a man can run a church that size on 50k per year (as suggested) and if he can, he is not only suitable for the Metropolitan Church, but maybe he should be promoted to the General Overseers office. Additionally, Metro may have a large income, but a fairly healthy outgo as well, with considerable debt. His church, Christian Life has zero debt.

Has anyone reached out to him? We are discussing the qualifications of a man that may not even be interested in a move if he were offered.

This post is interesting. I don't know much at all about Metro, except that Raymond Culpepper pastored there. I have never heard of Patrick Casey before reading this post, but I looked at his Facebook and website. He seems to be a very confident young man. It makes me wonder if your Alabama source may be the man himself. The pictures of his church look like it is in a storefront of some type. You mention that his church is debt free. Do they own the shopping center or lease it?
Friendly Face
7/14/17 9:07 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
LonghornFan wrote:
Peanut Butter wrote:

This post is interesting. I don't know much at all about Metro, except that Raymond Culpepper pastored there. I have never heard of Patrick Casey before reading this post, but I looked at his Facebook and website. He seems to be a very confident young man. It makes me wonder if your Alabama source may be the man himself. The pictures of his church look like it is in a storefront of some type. You mention that his church is debt free. Do they own the shopping center or lease it?

Can't speak for Peanut Butter...but I can tell you my information/opinion does indeed come directly from a personal relationship with Patrick...and Peanut Butter seems to have it pretty close.

Don't know about property ownership - but I will ask him in the morning.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/14/17 10:35 pm

Post Delete Judah4Him
Delete Friendly Face
7/14/17 11:14 pm

Post Judah4Him
Do you think Metro would welcome a pastor with no degree past HS diploma? Friendly Face
7/15/17 7:55 am

Post Peanut Butter
Judah4Him wrote:
Do you think Metro would welcome a pastor with no degree past HS diploma?

Judah, you seem to have an ax to grind, perhaps you should contact him personally. For a guy who knows so much, you know very little. You have made every attempt to discredit a man you pretend to know, and continue to be wrong.

He is currently completing his Master's Degree.

In addition, you should know that the last three men at Metropolitan were all very educated and had little success at restoring her to her glory years. In fact, right now they are maybe 500?

Last edited by Peanut Butter on 7/15/17 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
7/15/17 9:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic