Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Metro - Can the AB find a suitable Pastor from Alabama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Metro georgiapath
MI6 wrote:
There are qualified men in Alabama that can pastor Metro and have a great ministry there - BUT - the question is this, " Will They Be Given The Opportunity?"

There is always THAT GROUP of men that think that DESERVE the church due to position or perceived status.

There are other men that think that the AB is their friend, SO, the church should be given to them.

When I read the Walker/Mount Paran North post it is obvious that a"behind the scene" deal was already made for the Atlanta area church, so the question should be asked "has a deal been made with Metro?"

I hope that God's Will can be accomplished at Metro - BUT - I no longer have confidence in the denomination, the system or the nature of the men running the system to think that it can.

What will win the day when is comes to placing a pastor in Metro...
Prayer & Fasting and Spirit Led Direction OR Church Politics?

That's easy, church politics. Next question..... Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/27/17 12:25 am

Post caveator
Kyle Morrow wrote:
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
I can't think of one pastor in Alabama I think would do well in that setting...and I don't believe there's anyone on the Metro staff capable of stepping into this role either. Should prove interesting...

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!

Is this an Alabama pastor? From what I hear, they will run off an overseer, boycott, and shun you if you dare appoint anyone from beyond the state lines. I was even told that someone made a motion at their state minister's meeting that out of state ministers could not be considered until in-state ministers were considered first. It is laughable and ridiculous!

No one has ran off any overseer,I don't know if any boycott. Prayer Conference and Campmeeting were well attended. I was also at the State Ministers Meeting and no such motion was made.

Great attempt at spin, but everything that I just posted is accurate. 1. Multiple calls were made to the Executive Committee regarding the previous overseer. 2. Many pastors threatened to boycott state meetings. The new overseer was appointed before their prayer conference. 3. It is broad knowledge that the motion was submitted and who submitted it. Thankfully for your state, it didn't make it to the ministers.
Acts-celerater
6/27/17 9:04 am

Post Metro chestnut ridge
From what I have seen..... Metro runs like a well oiled machine. They have a wide range of classes. The youth and children dept have numerous small group gatherings. They are genuine people with a heart to serve

This comes from the senior pastor and staff.

Metro needs someone with the same vision and heart.
Acts Enthusiast
6/27/17 9:09 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:
I can't think of one pastor in Alabama I think would do well in that setting...and I don't believe there's anyone on the Metro staff capable of stepping into this role either. Should prove interesting...

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!

Is this an Alabama pastor? From what I hear, they will run off an overseer, boycott, and shun you if you dare appoint anyone from beyond the state lines. I was even told that someone made a motion at their state minister's meeting that out of state ministers could not be considered until in-state ministers were considered first. It is laughable and ridiculous!

No one has ran off any overseer,I don't know if any boycott. Prayer Conference and Campmeeting were well attended. I was also at the State Ministers Meeting and no such motion was made.

Great attempt at spin, but everything that I just posted is accurate. 1. Multiple calls were made to the Executive Committee regarding the previous overseer. 2. Many pastors threatened to boycott state meetings. The new overseer was appointed before their prayer conference. 3. It is broad knowledge that the motion was submitted and who submitted it. Thankfully for your state, it didn't make it to the ministers.

Fact is - an overseer did leave right after getting there.
I don't live in Alabama - so I don't know of any other facts.
But that is true - as anyone can easily see.
6/27/17 9:24 am

Post . MI6
bump Friendly Face
6/29/17 3:08 pm

Post Re: Metro Pine Knot
MI6 wrote:

Thumb Up Thumb Up
6/30/17 12:16 pm

Post Re: Metro caveator
Pine Knot wrote:
MI6 wrote:

Thumb Up Thumb Up

If prayer, fasting, and Spirit led direction leads to a new pastor from Tennessee or Georgia, would you accept that?
Acts-celerater
6/30/17 9:30 pm

Post MegaBoss
So, looks like there is no one available to fill the role at Metro!
7/2/17 7:31 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
caveator wrote:
Kyle Morrow wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Judah4Him wrote:

Patrick Casey

Absolutely!!!!

It is disheartening to see such comments and implications made about such a godly man. Bishop Brewer is one of the most genuine men of God we were privileged to have as an overseer. He and his wife were very beloved in our state. He is a man of prayer and a pastor of pastors. He reaches out to his pastors on a personal level. He & his wife came through her battle with cancer years ago, while still ministering, by continuing to praise God. I dare you to find a finer man of God. I don't know what happened in AL, but it sounds like something is seriously wrong if they couldn't work with him.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/2/17 10:10 pm

Post Alabama to N GA HighFive
caveator wrote:
On another note, four of the larger churches in North Georgia have now consecutively been filled by out of state pastors, two of whom are from Alabama, and all you hear is celebration and congratulations from North Georgia pastors. It is interesting to see the drastically different responses from the two states.

Gary Taylor went to Griffin. Who is the other Alabama guy?
7/3/17 12:15 am

Post caveator
The subject of this thread... Kirk Walters to Mount Paran North Acts-celerater
7/3/17 8:41 pm

Post Next Metro Pastor MI6
The next Pastor of Metro may be an "Alabama" man after all.

The information being discussed this morning is that members of Metro COG want one of the "out-of-state" pastors that came to Alabama last year to pastor one of the larger churches. It is said that he is the leading candidate.
Friendly Face
7/5/17 10:50 am

Post Re: Next Metro Pastor chestnut ridge
MI6 wrote:

The information being discussed this morning is that members of Metro COG want one of the "out-of-state" pastors that came to Alabama last year to pastor one of the larger churches. It is said that he is the leading candidate.

Is that from the administrative elders?
Acts Enthusiast
7/5/17 11:30 am

Post Re: Next Metro Pastor caveator
MI6 wrote:

Acts-celerater
7/5/17 5:37 pm

Post Out of State MegaBoss
Still, my point, there is not a suitable pastor to lead Metro!!!
7/6/17 9:20 pm

Post Re: Out of State Tom Sterbens
MegaBoss wrote:

Patrick Casey
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/6/17 10:15 pm

Post Re: Out of State caveator
Tom Sterbens wrote:
MegaBoss wrote:

Patrick Casey

Who is Patrick Casey? Is he an Alabama pastor?
Acts-celerater
7/6/17 10:49 pm

Post caveator
Tom,

I looked up Patrick Casey and his church. In the latest Alabama Echoes, his church shoes an average monthly attendance of 360 with a monthly average tithe of $4,500. Metro shows an average monthly tithe of over $100,000. On the surface, that seems like a huge gap in regard to church size. Is there anything in particular that makes you recommend him. I don't know him at all, so I am not detracting from him at all. I am just curious of why you feel he is qualified. Leading with a $1 million annual tithe budget is a lot more challanging than a $50,000 annual budget.
Acts-celerater
7/6/17 11:10 pm

Post Metro Announcement (L) famousflavius
Here is an announcement video from the Metro church that explains the process.
https://www.facebook.com/MetropolitanChurchBHM/videos/vb.126878767337126/1748480635176923/?type=2&theater
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/7/17 12:24 pm

Post I don't get it spartanfan
The first 2 churches I worked for were in Alabama and I love those folks in both of those churches. But I don't get this "state thing." No state issues the Bishop's certificate- they only come from Cleveland.

Last edited by spartanfan on 7/7/17 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/7/17 2:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic