Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Brother Andrew

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Brother Andrew Charles Page
Brother Andrew's company began in the 50s smuggling Bibles across East European borders in a VW Beetle and today the corporation brings in 20 million annually with 2 million administrative cost and 2 million spent on fundraising. Administrative execs earn $300 thousand. 16 million goes to program functions.

What about the ethics of Bible smuggling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGM5PecZ1E
6/17/17 2:26 pm

Post I'm a little troubled ... Mat
I'm a little troubled, like most local churches, our ministry salaries are a much higher percentage of overall giving than Bro. Andrew's ministry. Ouch! I would say that State, Regional General, International Offices of denominations spend a much larger percentage on salaries and administrative cost than Bro. Andrew does.

Is that what you were getting at?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/17/17 4:28 pm

Post wasn't getting at that Charles Page
for B Andrew's organization the three execs get 300,000 and that would be a conservative salary for execs -this is customary disclosure for 990s however often other salaries are concealed, as are family members and such

However you may have struck a not with COG AB salaries and they are concealed -not even in any IRS reports. Often hidden in total admin numbers.

Incidentially in many of the Andrew organizations reporting 990s Bro A has a poor rating compared to the others.

I still dealing with the ethics of Bible smuggling. It is amazing that Christians will support such illegal activities with 50 million annually. Is there a romantic element with clandestine operations. #007bibles4communist
6/17/17 5:31 pm

Post Re: wasn't getting at that Resident Skeptic
Charles Page wrote:
for B Andrew's organization the three execs get 300,000 and that would be a conservative salary for execs -this is customary disclosure for 990s however often other salaries are concealed, as are family members and such

However you may have struck a not with COG AB salaries and they are concealed -not even in any IRS reports. Often hidden in total admin numbers.

Incidentially in many of the Andrew organizations reporting 990s Bro A has a poor rating compared to the others.

I still dealing with the ethics of Bible smuggling. It is amazing that Christians will support such illegal activities with 50 million annually. Is there a romantic element with clandestine operations. #007bibles4communist

You are assuming Bro A has a monopoly on bible smuggling. What if some poor guy purchases a dozen bibles and walks them across a remote border region of some country.? What ethics has he violated? Whose pocket has he lined?
6/18/17 12:37 am

Post Charles Page
He is at the bottom of the pyramid and as he earns merit and fame he will work his way to the top and become a millionaire and a CEO of another great Bible smuggling corporation.

And pyramid schemes are unethical as well!
6/18/17 9:42 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Charles Page wrote:
He is at the bottom of the pyramid and as he earns merit and fame he will work his way to the top and become a millionaire and a CEO of another great Bible smuggling corporation.

Some poor peasant Christian smuggling bibles is not getting paid and is not even thinking in the terms you are.
6/18/17 10:25 am

Post Charles Page
the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions. That is why God has preachers to correct the ill-informed.
6/18/17 10:28 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Personally I would rather be judged by God for smuggling His Holy Word into places where it is forbidden to even have a copy of the bible in any form.

This topic crosses ethical, legal, emotional & spiritual boundaries which are all interpreted in many different ways.
Ethically should we send God's word into a country where their law forbids it?
Legally there is no problem here in America in such an act.
Emotionally it tugs at our hearts that such people are starving for His word & we sit back & debate who gets it & who doesn't.
Spiritually we see & hear of people whose very lives are turned around because somebody took the risk to smuggle a bible into their country.

Social disobedience is something we can argue to its core but keep in mind that Jesus Himself broke a few manmade laws in order to get the message through.
BTW, FedEx doesn't go everywhere & neither does UPS.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/18/17 11:24 am

Post So Charles Mat
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Charles Page wrote:

Some poor peasant Christian smuggling bibles is not getting paid and is not even thinking in the terms you are.

So Charles, if the USA passed a law forbidden Christian witnessing, would you than condemn those who continue the practice as unethical lawbreakers? Would you obey such a law?

I believe I asked you in another thread if you (and your church) obeyed Jim Crow laws in the past, or would condemn those churches that violated such laws by having mix race church services with whites and blacks setting together?

Can you answer such questions outside your "Charles Page persona" or will I just have to read your premeditated ranting?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/18/17 12:04 pm

Post Charles Page
I was sent to jail overnight for witnessing in front of a Southern Baptist Church- arrested off property and charged, falsely for criminal trespass.

Yes, I will witness and strive to remain legal however there will be false charges. I would never smuggle Bible illegally into a country even if I knew I would be praised by multitudes of Christians. I serve God and not man.
6/18/17 12:39 pm

Post Re: wasn't getting at that UncleJD
Charles Page wrote:

This guy is a troll, no Christian, EVER thought it was wrong to send Bibles where a repressive, illegitimate government (the legitimate government of China resides in Taiwan), has declared war on God.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/19/17 10:06 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Charles Page wrote:
the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions. That is why God has preachers to correct the ill-informed.

So all smugglers make $300,000 per year? One bad apple ruins the whole bunch?

Do all preachers make Creflo Dollar money? To be consistent, shouldn't you post that all preachers make 20 million per year...and insist all preaching is a sin...much like you treat Bible smuggling?
6/19/17 12:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic