Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Disgusting, dishonest Chinese Christians......(V)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Disgusting, dishonest Chinese Christians......(V) Resident Skeptic
......rejoicing over receiving their first Bibles which were SMUGGLED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvgfCNIKp0A
6/14/17 6:27 pm

Post Re: Disgusting, dishonest Chinese Christians......(V) UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I'm missing something obviously
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/16/17 11:47 am

Post Re: Disgusting, dishonest Chinese Christians......(V) Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

There are a couple of posters on here who have accused me of supporting corruption because I endorse the idea of smuggling bibles.
6/16/17 1:02 pm

Post Cojak
I just didn't like the header of the post RS. There is no way you can force folks to agree with an opinion. Slams just don't work. I understand where you are coming from. But there are also many different scenario's and circumstances in life, others are not thinking the same.

WE all want the Word of God Spread. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/16/17 10:08 pm

Post I'm not even going to watch the video... Clint Wills
I don't feel like crying right now!!

I know what the video will be, and I am so moved by their devotion and love of God's Word that I know I'll cry.

I also generally walk away feeling like a pretty worthless Christian as I could walk through my house and find a Bible in every room, and several on the bookshelf and think, "when was the last time I opened those?"

I do my daily reading on YouVersion, then I have one thin-line Bible that I use pretty regularly, but I have more Bibles than I know what to do with and take them for granted.

This week at camp meeting I heard a story about the underground church in Vietnam. They couldn't make any noise, so the sermon was simply to pass a page of the Bible around the room. Each person rejoiced as they read that page of the Bible, then they passed it to the next person. Meanwhile, I sit in my comfortable chair each morning with my cup of coffee, crack my Bible open, and read what I have planned for the day. Set my Bible down, do some praying, and go on with my day.

I think if we TRULY believed that those are God's words spoken to us (including myself here), then each word would mean so much more to us. I know if Jesus sat next to me and spoke I probably wouldn't zone out on ANY of His words.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/17/17 6:18 am

Post Charles Page
first let me say: the Chinese are not disgusting and dishonest people. American Christians are. We can proceed to argue from that corrected base.
6/17/17 10:02 am

Post Cojak
Charles Page wrote:
first let me say: the Chinese are not disgusting and dishonest people. American Christians are. We can proceed to argue from that corrected base.

There maybe some American Christians who are disgusting and dishonest, but I have known hundreds that are not. The ones I associate with love the Lord and his word. Most if faced with a chance to get a Bible to someone who does not have one would certainly do it.

No judgement here, Just praying God's Word is spread. Cool
6/17/17 7:46 pm

Post Cojak
Would anyone here risk their life to spread His Word? I am not sure that could be answered without actually facing the situation.

I watched those 21 Coptic-Christians who were lined up for beheading and asked to deny their faith or lose their heads and none recanted. Imma tell you, put yourself in that position, I can't even think about it. I would hope I would stand firm............ Shocked Shocked Embarassed Embarassed
6/17/17 7:55 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Charles Page wrote:

I also know some American "Christians" who should be crowned the kings of "holier than thou". But I won't name names.
6/18/17 12:40 am

Post revuriah
I'm all for smuggling Bibles into areas where Christianity is outlawed. In fact, I've given to VOM specifically for the purpose of Bibles for the persecuted believers. Why any Christian would object to getting the Word into the hands of God's people is beyond me.

And these precious people are so generous with the Bible's they do get. They will rip pages out and memorize that page, the pass it on to someone else to memorize.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/18/17 1:53 pm

Post Link
I hear that it is legal to have Chinese Bibles in China, and has been for a long time. One man I knew who taught English there said there was a church in Hong Kong that would load westerners on short-term missions trips down with Bibles to take them into China. The westerners would have testimonies of the customs officials eyes being blinded, not seeing the Bibles. But really, the Bible was legal, so they didn't care that the books were brought in. This was probably around 2002 or so when he said that.

The issue was actually a lack of Bibles in China, not Bibles being illegal.

I looked through the video. My internet connection isn't so good right now, so I didn't watch the whole thing through. Does the video say that the Bibles were actually illegal.
6/18/17 2:18 pm

Post Re: Disgusting, dishonest Chinese Christians......(V) UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

There are a couple of posters on here who have accused me of supporting corruption because I endorse the idea of smuggling bibles.

Oh, I see, I missed that thread entirely. wow, I can't even imagine
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/19/17 9:48 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Charles Page wrote:

Were you looking in the mirror when you made that assessment.?
6/19/17 10:06 am

Post Were you looking in the mirror when you made that assessment.? Charles Page
yes, and I don't like what I see. I see the roots of deception within myself.
6/19/17 12:36 pm

Post Re: Were you looking in the mirror when you made that assessment.? Nature Boy Florida
Charles Page wrote:
yes, and I don't like what I see. I see the roots of deception within myself.

Me too.
6/19/17 12:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic