Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bethel Church and "Grave Sucking"..explain?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bethel Church and "Grave Sucking"..explain? caseyleejones
First off, I know little about Bethel other than they have very good music. I began reading about some of their beliefs and practices. I have to say, some seem odd if not unusual.

I always attempt to keep an open mind about things. But, if it is not found in the Word of God, then it's case closed.

That said, supposedly Bethel advocates grave sucking or sucking the anointing from anointed dead people.

Without this devolving into a heresy witch hunt with nastiness, can someone confirm or deny that practice?

thanks
Acts-perienced Poster
6/14/17 10:02 am

Post FLRon
I have not read anything from Bethel regarding the topic of your post. That being said, it surely would not surprise me as they have wandered far into areas that are so unbiblical that I would never endorse or support them.

A simple GOOGLE search will tell you all you need to know, if you're interested. Any group that promotes the appearance of gold dust and feathers is not for me.
6/14/17 10:17 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Bethel Church/Bob Johnson

Cereal Saints

Fruit, Nuts, Flakes............
Acts-pert Poster
6/14/17 10:27 am

Post JLarry
I read "God is a Good God". Nothing about grace sucking.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
6/14/17 11:04 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Grave sucking -- Pure charismaniac idiocy. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/14/17 12:01 pm

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Grave sucking -- Pure charismaniac idiocy.

Yep
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/14/17 12:54 pm

Post Consider the source (L) famousflavius
Always consider the source but there seems to be more than one case where people from Belthel go and lay down on top of graves to try and get the dead persons anointing. I think they try to justify it with the story of Elisha's bones found in 2 Kings 13:21 https://youtu.be/6wKPjf1mjb8 Footage begins at the 1.31 mark Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
6/14/17 1:57 pm

Post I love Actscelerate ! famousflavius
I would have never found out about Grave Soaking if it were not for Actscelerate. This is some interesting stuff. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
6/14/17 2:02 pm

Post Da Sheik
Unbelievably stupid. Just when I think church people can't get any more gullible. Acts Enthusiast
6/14/17 3:10 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Da Sheik wrote:
Unbelievably stupid. Just when I think church people can't get any more gullible.

agreed !
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/14/17 4:25 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Unbelievably stupid. Just when I think church people can't get any more gullible.

Ain't it the truth! Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/14/17 10:06 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
'Grave sucking' is just the next logical step which follows the widespread belief that one's ministry gifting or anointing can be 'transferred' to another. Those who practice 'grave sucking' typically attempt to base it on how Elisha's bones had the ability to bring a dead man back to life in 2 Kings 13:21. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/17 8:23 am

Post UncleJD
If its hard to imagine how the Roman Catholic church drifted into error, just watch the hyper-faith/charismatic movement and it should be easier. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/15/17 11:57 am

Quiet Wyatt wrote:
'Grave sucking' is just the next logical step which follows the widespread belief that one's ministry gifting or anointing can be 'transferred' to another. Those who practice 'grave sucking' typically attempt to base it on how Elisha's bones had the ability to bring a dead man back to life in 2 Kings 13:21.

You mean like when Copeland transferred TL's mantle of anointing to Stephen Lowery during the North Cleveland funeral?
Acts-pert Poster
6/15/17 1:14 pm

Post Clint Wills
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I find it funny that a group of pentecostals is hammering someone for "pure charismaniac idiocy". I've grown up in pentecostal churches my entire life and have seen a BUNCH of charismaniac idiocy.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/17 2:39 pm

Clint Wills wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I find it funny that a group of pentecostals is hammering someone for "pure charismaniac idiocy". I've grown up in pentecostal churches my entire life and have seen a BUNCH of charismaniac idiocy.

Me too, Clint, but nothin like this word a faith gang.
Acts-pert Poster
6/15/17 3:28 pm

Post JLarry
So someone takes a photo of Bill Johnson at the grave Mrs Wigglesworth and assume he is "grave sucking".

I listened to Bryan Cutshall today, what does this say of me. Oh never mind Bryan is Cog so all is well.

Yes I saw the stupid students lying on graves. Question do you identify the Cog by every stupid things Lee students do?

I have pastored a few stupid people that does not mean everyone I pastored was stupid.

Acts Mod
6/15/17 3:32 pm

Post bradfreeman
JLarry wrote:
So someone takes a photo of Bill Johnson at the grave Mrs Wigglesworth and assume he is "grave sucking".

I listened to Bryan Cutshall today, what does this say of me. Oh never mind Bryan is Cog so all is well.

Yes I saw the stupid students lying on graves. Question do you identify the Cog by every stupid things Lee students do?

I have pastored a few stupid people that does not mean everyone I pastored was stupid.

Thumb Up

Can an anointing rest in a hanky?

so that handkerchiefs or aprons were even carried from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out. Act 19:12

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
6/15/17 3:50 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Clint Wills wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

So are you fer it or agin' it, Clint? Me personally, I am not in favor of any unscriptural idiocy, nor of idiocy in general.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/17 3:52 pm

Post JLarry
Brad the thing that amazes me about the hanky is the fact that some have taken the story of Paul and made a doctrine of it and un-anoninted people send un-anointed hankys around the world.

Un-anointe handys are for blowing un-anointed noses and wiping un-anointed faces. Very Happy

Acts Mod
6/15/17 4:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic