Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

An old Church Funnny and a true fact

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post An old Church Funnny and a true fact Cojak
The Funny:
The young couple invited their elderly pastor for Sunday dinner. While they were in the kitchen preparing the meal, the minister asked their son what they were having.

“Goat,” the little boy replied.

“Goat?” replied the startled man of the cloth, “Are you sure about that?”
“Yep,” said the youngster. “I heard Dad say to Mom, ‘Today is just as good as any to have the old goat for dinner.”

Now the truth!

At M. Fred Taylor's first church, Moberly, MO, my wife and I were members. Our young son, 3 yrs old knew the kids book, "Crabby Appleton" by heart and was his favorite. He used one line constantly, "Old Crabby Appleton, rotten to the core."
M. Fred came around welcoming the small congregation and shaking hands. He shook Jr's hand and introduced himself. Son jac said loudly, "Old Brother Taylor, rotten to the core."

I just knew he thought jac had heard that at our house......

Another Sun. Morn at my BIL's church at Cross Mill COG, Marion, NC. the pastor was walking around shaking hands with the congregation before church. One lady was breast feeding her baby (Not at all unusual then). She was having trouble getting the baby to take the teat. As S.A.L. approached she was heard to say loudly, "Take it, take it! Or I will give it to the preacher!" TRUE!

Do you know a good one that actually happened?

I hope you guys have a great weekend coming Up! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/9/17 8:29 am

Post Redneck
My grandfather told me a story about hearing a preacher getting fired up preaching about Samson.

He said he took the jawbone of a mule and beat the a$$ off 1000 Philistine soldiers. Embarassed
6/10/17 5:18 pm

Post Cojak
Redneck wrote:
My grandfather told me a story about hearing a preacher getting fired up preaching about Samson.

He said he took the jawbone of a mule and beat the a$$ off 1000 Philistine soldiers. Embarassed

OUCH! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/10/17 8:01 pm

Post When I pastored in Illinois FG Minister
(TRUE Story) A COG pastor was preaching about David killing Goliath. He got so caught up in his preaching about Goliath taunting David and David answering back, that the preacher was getting madder and madder at Goliath! The pastor in his emotional frenzy then said "So David picked up a rock, put it in his sling, and hurled that rock right at that Son of a B**** and killed him!

The pastor then realized what he had said and ran to the altar, knelt down, and started praying. No one in the church moved a muscle as they were in shock! So the preacher looked back at them and said "get down here and pray for me!"
Acts-celerater
6/12/17 9:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic