Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

All My Rowdy Friends are Back on Monday Night!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post All My Rowdy Friends are Back on Monday Night! Methocostal
Maybe ESPN has finally learned a lesson and brought the luster back to its opening song. We've had enough of the Shania Twains and other women trying to show what Football is all about. Like him, or hate him, Hank Jr IS the face of the testosterone fueled world of Monday Night Football. I'm sorry and I don't mean to be a male chauvinist here, but who better epitomizes Football, Shania Twain and her look alikes or Hank Jr?

Aside from the Political Correctness of MNF killing their ratings with their support of the Kapernick shanegians with his refusal to stand during the Anthem, femininizing the intro song with Rock and Country women was a turn off, except in one area, they were obviously better looking than Hank:_) But seriously, who is the predominant Football demographic. Sure, there are women football fans, my wife and her mother (was) are examples, but by and large Football is more popular with men. But, my wife and mother in law were also not pleased when Hank was dropped.

Ladies, please don't misunderstand me, I do realize not all football fans are men. But, do look at the overall demographic. Hank wouldn't fit in very well with Ice Dancing, but neither does Shania Twain represent Football. Those are the facts.
Friendly Face
6/5/17 12:37 pm

Post Da Sheik
I haven't watched MNF since the days of Michaels, Gifford, and Dierdorf. I didn't even know they dropped Hank Jr. He always seemed like a good fit for the theme song. Acts Enthusiast
6/5/17 12:40 pm

Post Re: All My Rowdy Friends are Back on Monday Night! georgiapath
Methocostal wrote:
Maybe ESPN has finally learned a lesson and brought the luster back to its opening song. We've had enough of the Shania Twains and other women trying to show what Football is all about. Like him, or hate him, Hank Jr IS the face of the testosterone fueled world of Monday Night Football. I'm sorry and I don't mean to be a male chauvinist here, but who better epitomizes Football, Shania Twain and her look alikes or Hank Jr?

Aside from the Political Correctness of MNF killing their ratings with their support of the Kapernick shanegians with his refusal to stand during the Anthem, femininizing the intro song with Rock and Country women was a turn off, except in one area, they were obviously better looking than Hank:_) But seriously, who is the predominant Football demographic. Sure, there are women football fans, my wife and her mother (was) are examples, but by and large Football is more popular with men. But, my wife and mother in law were also not pleased when Hank was dropped.

Ladies, please don't misunderstand me, I do realize not all football fans are men. But, do look at the overall demographic. Hank wouldn't fit in very well with Ice Dancing, but neither does Shania Twain represent Football. Those are the facts.

I agree and I don't even watch football. I think they need to get women out of baseball too, they don't have a cue what they are talking about.
Acts-dicted
6/11/17 3:47 pm

Post Methocostal
That there is funny Smile Did you vote for Bush (George) or Clinton (Bill) in the last election too:)

I thought I was out of it with one of the music posts when I had never heard of Broken Tab and somebody else that are apparently the latest and greatest Smile

Da Sheik wrote:
I haven't watched MNF since the days of Michaels, Gifford, and Dierdorf. I didn't even know they dropped Hank Jr. He always seemed like a good fit for the theme song.
Friendly Face
6/14/17 4:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic