Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Jesus Christ...fully man

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Jesus Christ...fully man Charles Page
Hypothetical question: If Jesus had conjugal relations with Mary Magdalene could he have impregnated her and she bear a child? This is a hypothetical question.
5/17/17 7:38 am

Post bradfreeman
Do you suspect he didn't have genitals or that they didn't work?

He was tempted in every way. So I'd say yes.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
5/17/17 7:49 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Yes.
5/17/17 8:02 am

Post Charles Page
Would His offspring (hypothetical) be Nephilian?
5/17/17 8:19 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Charles Page wrote:

No. But I guess I could see how one might come to such a conclusion based on an erroneous, unbiblical belief that Jesus was a co-equal divine person in a group of such divine persons, who presumably "blacked out" ,becoming a human embryo in Mary, was born, then somehow later regained knowledge of his pre-existence as an eternal divine person.
5/17/17 8:28 am

Post Brandon Bohannon
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Charles Page wrote:

No. But I guess I could see how one might come to such a conclusion based on an erroneous, unbiblical belief that Jesus was a co-equal divine person in a group of such divine persons, who presumably "blacked out" ,becoming a human embryo in Mary, was born, then somehow later regained knowledge of his pre-existence as an eternal divine person.

RS-

Please help me understand. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you suggesting that Jesus isn't God? That He isn't as John said, the Word made flesh, or Emmanuel "God with us"? I hear the sarcastic tone in your response but I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying.

If Jesus isn't God, then why all of the Scripture about "Lamb, slain before the foundation... no other foundation can be laid, but that Christ Jesus... whom He did foreknow, Him He did predestine... there is no other Name by which men must be saved... Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever..."

What about the virgin birth? What about Herod trying to kill Him? What about wise men following a star to find Him? What about shepherds hearing and seeing angels rejoicing over Him? What about Simeon blessing Him and prophesying over Him? What about John recognizing Him and the Voice from heaven? What about His own Words of being One and if you've seen Him you've seen the Father? What about the angels at the tomb and at His ascension? What about the soldier's confession at the cross and His promise to the thief? What about when He said that He is I AM? The high priest certainly understood what He meant? What about Stephen's glimpse into heaven while being martyred for Him? There's more but I'll stop for now.

Jesus is Lord! Jesus is King! Jesus is Savior! Jesus is Coming! Give me Jesus every time and all of the time!
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
5/17/17 9:47 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Brandon Bohannon wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Charles Page wrote:

RS-

Please help me understand. Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you suggesting that Jesus isn't God? !

My brother, have I been so long on this board and you still don't know that I believe Jesus is God? Laughing

I'm not questioning at all that Jesus is God. I'm simply pointing the inescapable problems associated with the manner in which many Trinitarians explain their doctrine.

I'm curious as to why you didn't deal with the points I made.
5/17/17 11:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic