Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Gift of giving

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Gift of giving JLarry
I have a relative who has the gift of giving. I remember when he could not buy groceries.

He began studying about giving. Before long he boss/friend gave him a business.

This business started growing almost over night. Now he lives in a home that is worth about 400k (My estiment). He and his wife each drives a truck that cost over 50k.

He gives more than anyone I know. They gave at least 2 vehicles within the last 3 months. Plus they pay for the care of His sister. He never mentions his giving. I know of this only because I know him well enough in fact he gave one of the vehicles to us this week.

I know some will react negatively to this post but that will not change the fact that "whatsoever a man does that will he reap".

I realize this speaks about spiritual matters, I believe it last speaks about physical matters.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/13/17 11:04 am

Post JLarry
I have another friend who gave an older vehicle. Later someone gave them an almost a new Toyota.

Btw I am not a a fan of TV preachers who are always promising blessings. But I know for a fact that sowing and reaping is for real. My wife and are asking the Lord to show us a good place to sow some seed.

Please don't bother sending me your address. Smile

For the record I now have a card reader. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
5/13/17 11:10 am

Post Cojak
I was taught to give. My dad said the big smile on the face of the person who really needed something was his reward. But we never lacked for anything. My mama was a giver to missions. I love to give. I have never given to get. I do believe when you give you will be blessed.

For a high school dropout who was taught to give, we have more than we have ever had. I believe in exactly what you have posted. I do know it is a blessing to give.

I also think you will NEVER be successful, if you actually 'Give to GET'! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/13/17 9:52 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Cojak wrote:
I was taught to give. My dad said the big smile on the face of the person who really needed something was his reward. But we never lacked for anything. My mama was a giver to missions. I love to give. I have never given to get. I do believe when you give you will be blessed.

For a high school dropout who was taught to give, we have more than we have ever had. I believe in exactly what you have posted. I do know it is a blessing to give.

I also think you will NEVER be successful, if you actually 'Give to GET'! Shocked

This whole thread makes me smile!
God loves a cheerful giver!

My brother in-law has the gift to give & he too is really blessed.
Funny, I remember when he couldn't even pay his bills but he made a covenant with the Lord to bless His kingdom & has been faithful for years.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/13/17 10:07 pm

Post Link
Sometimes we think people with the gift of giving have to be wealthy. But my brother told me about a man he met at a Christian conference who could fix cars. He fixed up old junkers and gave them away to brothers and sisters in Christ who needed them. People found out about it, and they'd give him their old cars. He had cars in his yard he was working on and he kept fixing them and giving them away, without becoming wealthy himself.
5/14/17 10:35 am

Post Charles Page
I am thankful that the Lord never gave me the gift of giving!!!
5/14/17 10:44 am

Post Cojak
Charles Page wrote:
I am thankful that the Lord never gave me the gift of giving!!!

Many folk like that, not a thing wrong with it, giving is up to the individual.

Of course I have never considered this a 'gift of the spirit' but a attitude to be allowed to bless other folk. It is something that is hard for me to put into words. I am just happy with my way of life and abilities. God is good. I seldom go a day without telling my wife that sometimes I think we are God's favorites, with the life he has blessed us with.

PS: Not sure if God gave me the 'gift of giving', BUT I was taught by Godly parents your life will be full if you learn to give without strings attached. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/14/17 7:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic