Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A demon manifested & during the deliverance another one assaulted by satan (No response to 3 ques.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A demon manifested & during the deliverance another one assaulted by satan (No response to 3 ques.) Dean Steenburgh
Don't quite know how some of you are going to respond to this thread since just a few days ago we were discussing the casting out of demons in another thread & for some it seems so sensational I suppose.

Give it to you in a small capsule if possible.

At the very end of the service last Sunday as the altar call was winding down & many people had already left or were in the process of leaving, I was asked to pray for this certain woman.
She has attended many times before & always comes across a little cranky or maybe rude.
So while I was praying for her she said, 'I feel very, very hot on my back, face & neck as though I'm near a fire.' We asked her did she want some water & she declined.
I asked her did she want me to continue to pray & she nodded affirmative. While I was praying she said to me, 'don't pray for her it won't do any good.'
I sensed something spiritual so I began to ask her questions & she hurled multiple insults & dirty language at those of us praying for her. Her arms & hands stiffened up & at times her hands turned inward as though she had a bad case of MS disease.
I tried unsuccessfully for almost an hour to get her to talk to me but based on the reputation she has had with most people it was determined she didn't want to let go of the spirit.
About an hour later I did have a much better time praying with her & helping her to get relief but I don't think she is fully delivered in my opinion.

So while that was happening one of my key support leaders, not a ministry leader but a really dependable support leader "Suddenly" starts manifesting what seemed like the exact same behavior except she was trying to fight it off.
For several minutes she gave all the signs of someone who is in the final stages of being delivered & then again "Suddenly" she was let go & came to her right mind.
She could not recall one moment of this attack nor did she have any memory of how she responded to us until she was alert & in her right mind.
The only way I know how to explain this is that the devil wanted to occupy her & she fought him off in the spirit & in the flesh. We all know this is a spiritual battle but also in her flesh she was doing all she could to fight back.
I learned afterward that not long ago her best friend was trying to get her to attend a palm reader & the medium told her many things about her life in the present as well as in the future & all of it came to pass except one thing & that was the death of her husband (odd story all by itself how he lived).
She never went back but was curious about her horoscope that her friend would read her each day. She had already stopped these things long ago but as I told her she kept the spiritual door open in the manner of her curiosity & never fully gave that part of her faith to the Lord.

There is several weird twists to the story & it involves both of the women who were manifesting the demonic attacks but I'll save that for later if needed.

Oddly enough, before this happened, we had already announced that our Monday night commentary class was going to be on demon possession.
Also on Sunday morning we had decided over the last few weeks that we were going to change up our communion presentation to make it more meaningful.
We used candles in the chapel area while we dimmed the lights for the effect. The first lady told us during the deliverance session that she sensed evil enter the building as soon as she saw the women going around & lighting the various candles.
During the communion we had a divine message in tongues & interpretation with many in the church weeping with tears of joy, it was awesome!

To say that this has been a topic amongst our church folks this week is an understatement.
It's also caused a great spiritual awakening & it's been great!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?

Last edited by Dean Steenburgh on 5/19/17 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/12/17 8:19 pm

Post Charles Page
I doubt the truth of this account. It is group hysteria and under the power of suggestion. Demons and Satan are real but this account is a religious superstition.
5/12/17 9:09 pm

Post Cojak
CP, I assume that is sarcasm.

I take a man at his word until something proves other wise. I will never understand Demon Possession, but I do believe it is a Truth, a biblical truth. I certainly have no reason to doubt DS and his account. Our prayers for complete victory in a VERY trying situation.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/12/17 10:16 pm

Post Charles Page
no sarcasm intended!
5/13/17 9:55 am

Post UncleJD
Charles Page wrote:
I doubt the truth of this account. It is group hysteria and under the power of suggestion. Demons and Satan are real but this account is a religious superstition.

By which spirit do you pronounce this judgement?
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/13/17 10:15 am

Post Carolyn Smith
We've seen this happen before, where you were praying for one person and another person was attacked. I'm glad you knew how to deal with it!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/13/17 10:54 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Charles Page wrote:

I don't appreciate a rookie poster calling me a liar!

As far as the truth is concerned the whole thing was truth & in fact I left out certain parts that might have sounded somewhat sensational due to unbelievers as yourself.
There was no power of suggestion as you propose with your secular view.
You remind me of those who know nothing of Christ & only respond to issues like this from a social/secular point of view.

What are you focused on?
5/13/17 12:09 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
quote from Dean:
As far as the truth is concerned the whole thing was truth & in fact I left out certain parts that might have sounded somewhat sensational due to unbelievers as yourself.
There was no power of suggestion as you propose with your secular view.
You remind me of those who know nothing of Christ & only respond to issues like this from a social/secular point of view. end of quote***

I believe you brother. I can remember years ago this happening in our church (not COG) at the time. The spirit was cast out of one young girl and it jumped on her sister sitting in the back, got it cast out of her and it jumped into another one of her sisters. I don't remember the kind of spirit it was but was very strong. Usually it takes several to hold them down especially if they don't want to come out.

Many times, I have seen people get delivered from an alcoholic spirit and it would stink up the front of the church so badly also the same with nicotine, it would smell like wet ash trays (that is when preachers preached against nicotine and alcohol). Very real... 20 some years ago, we were on our way home and passed a closed down bar on the highway, all of a sudden we smelled alcohol so strong. We began rebuking that spirit and of course it left. We neither one have ever drunk. My husband was raised by an alcoholic Mother and a bartending Dad, but he never touched it; then, Jesus gloriously saved him and filled him with the Holy Ghost and called him to preach the gospel - this was all before I met him.
Friendly Face
5/13/17 12:36 pm

Post krista
Charles Page wrote:

You Sir, are playing with fire.
I know Dean very well, and he would not, nor does he go around talking about a demon behind every bush.
Just because you never experienced something like this, does not make it not true. I think that would describe an ignorant person.
Again, you best be careful about what you say concerning this issue.
And Dean.......Rookie he is.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
5/13/17 1:23 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Didn't brother Conn post an excerpt from one of his books about a real life demon possession...I know it was in the last few years - so if someone could look it up - we could add it to Dean's account.

Dean's been here a long time - and while it is well known that I chastise him about his "west coast" bias - he has never under any circumstances been known to stretch the truth or sensationalize anything.
5/13/17 2:09 pm

Post Re: Last Sunday a demon manifested & during the deliverance another person experienced an assault by satan Old Time Country Preacher
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
So while that was happening one of my key support leaders, not a ministry leader but a really dependable support leader "Suddenly" starts manifesting what seemed like the exact same behavior except she was trying to fight it off.
For several minutes she gave all the signs of someone who is in the final stages of being delivered & then again "Suddenly" she was let go & came to her right mind.

Dean, I certainly believe the spirit world is a reality. I believe demonization is real. I have seen demonization firsthand, have personally witnessed demonization, have had a demon speak to me through a demonized person, and also witnessed the deliverance of such persons.

What I am having difficulty grasping is how a demon could overwhelm a key leader in your church, someone washed in the blood of Christ, full of the Holy Spirit, who is being exercised by a demon. You said she was "let go," implying the demon had control of her actions. You said she "came to her right mind" implying the demon had control of her mind.

1. How does a demon/evil spirit/etc. gain instantaneous (or as you said, "suddenly") control over one in whom the Spirit of God dwells? Can a demon do this at will to a believer?

2. Does the Holy Spirit just say, "Come on in devil, there's room for both of us in here?"

3. Could this have been a generational curse attacking the "key leader" because of something her great-great-grandmother was involved in?

4. What does the Bible mean when it says "Greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world?

5. Is there any validity to the statement "Sin shall not have dominion over you?"

#PerplexedinPikeville
#KonfusedinKentucky
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/17 2:17 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Old timer - could this leader have given the demonic a stronghold or opening. Or - could the leader - perhaps not be all they present themselves to be? Haven't we had enough of our Ordained Bishops caught in adultery to realize everything isn't always as it appears from the outside?
5/13/17 2:21 pm

Post Charles Page
It is not an oracle of the Holy Spirit but a summary of my experiences in ministry. I've been with the pigs in the parlor and seen boxes of Kleenexes wipe up snot and not spirits!!
5/13/17 3:00 pm

Post Demonic Possession/Oppression brotherjames
Dean,
I believe you. As to how or why a demon manifested on/with/in one of your leaders, the answer is found as someone mentioned within her. She obviously has an opening somewhere most likely but it is possible she was being just plain demonized from the outside.

Our team has encountered and cast out and set free demonized and possessed people many times all over the world. In South America - Santeria is a very big demonic/occultic religion that has its roots in voodoo and the Caribbean formerly African culture. We have encountered many witch doctors and practitioners of this black magic religion and we have cast out demons in multitudes. In Africa, in N. Uganda the witch doctor is the only source of healing for hundreds of thousands and we have had many crusades that have delivered thousands. One night, after preaching on the blood of Jesus and deliverance, I began to pray deliverance over a crowd of about 10000 people, and as we began to pray in the Spirit, demons began to manifest as people in the crowd began to scream and cry out, several fell to the ground and began writhing in the dust like snakes. The team began to pray for individuals and many were set free after times of spiritual warfare. A witch doctor who was there to mock got delivered and the next night brought his fetishes to us and we had a bonfire as we burned them in front of the thousands gathered there. THe most amazing testimony came as a man who was clean and nicely dressed came to me and said he had a testimony to share. I said what is it and he said I was mad and now I am not. I thought he meant he was angry with someone and didn't want him to share that small of a testimony. But after my interpreter came over he said we need to let this man share. I gave him the mic and the crowd roared with laughter. They recognized the man. He had been In Gulu Uganda for many years, wandering around, causing trouble, sometimes naked and just the week before he had attacked the airplane of the President of Uganda when he landed at the airport. THey called him "the mad man of "Gulu". The crowd thought these crazy Mzungu (white man) had given the mic to a crazy man. But the man started by saying, let me tell you what Jesus Christ has done for me and the place went bezerk. He said when this man began to pray in that language something rose up in me and then I fell to the ground and I felt free. THis pastor over here took me to his house and cleaned me up and dressed me and told me about Jesus and I want to tell you Jesus is my Savior. The most powerful ministry time I have ever encountered followed. I have cast out demons in gypsies in Serbia and seen the power of God overcome the demonic countless times all over the world, including America.

Mr. Paige knows not of what he says. There is the flesh but demons are real, the devil is real but greater is He who is in ME and every believer than He that is in the world.

I believe you Dean. And what I just wrote merely scratches the surface of what I have seen.
Acts-celerater
5/13/17 4:32 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Old timer - could this leader have given the demonic a stronghold or opening. Or - could the leader - perhaps not be all they present themselves to be? Haven't we had enough of our Ordained Bishops caught in adultery to realize everything isn't always as it appears from the outside?

Any/all the above could very well be the case, NB, but this isn't the image/picture Dean presented, he called her a "key support leader."
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/17 5:02 pm

Post Re: Demonic Possession/Oppression Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
Our team has encountered and cast out and set free demonized and possessed people many times all over the world.

BJ, could you help the ole timer understand the difference between someone "demonized" and someone "possessed?"
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/17 5:04 pm

Post Demonized vs Possessed brotherjames
Well OTCP, in my personal experience and also Biblical/Scriptural understanding, a demonized person would be someone (even a professing Christian) who is being assaulted or attacked from the outside by demons as opposed to someone who is totally possessed (that is to say under the influence of and control of) a demon(s). Example of the Gadarene demonic being possessed. I have encountered many who are obviously under the control of demons (see my previous post about the the mad man of Gulu). I have also encountered many whose will is not overtaken but who still feel under the attack or semi-influence of demons, including those that hear voices etc. The attack comes from the external but can be felt in the mind or even body. It is my personal belief and others as well, that as my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit that light and darkness cannot coexist in the same body. Others disagree. Some teach that as your Spirit is what is born again, it is impossible for your spirit to have a demon but your body might, therefore some sicknesses could be the result of a demon in your body. But as I said, I disagree as the scripture plainly says "what know ye not your BODY is the TEMPLE of the Holy SPirit". No demon can be God's temple. So, If you are under attack it is external not internal. On the other hand, as Lester Sumrall, whom I knew well and who certainly had some unbelievable experiences with the demonic, used to say, "Christians can't be demon possessed but there are a lot of people sitting in our pews who are possessed." In other words, just because you say you're a Christian doesn't mean a whole lot, witness Dean's problem. Or as my father used to say, " Just cause you're living in a garage doesn't make you a car." Acts-celerater
5/13/17 5:16 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Thank you to everyone for the kind words of support & the fact that you believe me, truly I have no motive to lie about something so bizarre as the events from last Sunday.

The dear woman who is involved in our leadership team admitted this week in having not closed the doors of curiosity to the dark realm of spirits. In the past 2-3 years she had not pursued any attempts at trying to reach dead family members or even having her fortune told as she had in the past. But the enemy is real & he knows how to attack the weak in the spirit. I don't feel as though she were possessed but I feel as though the enemy wanted to occupy her being only to find her spirit was occupied with that which is holy. This would explain how she went from being a praying servant, trying to help the 1st lady, to being a victim herself of the enemy. As I said this lasted for several minutes but in my spirit I did not discern that she were possessed but merely attacked, assaulted or oppressed by the demon.

As to this Charles Page, you remind me of a phony.
Many years ago we had a couple of instances or more where people had snuck in to our Acts ranks & infiltrated the threads with their rants. There was a discovery that they were plants & if I remember right they were banned.

To this man who doesn't believe me I want to say I think you are a fake. We rarely have someone on here who spouts off so boldly w/out ever thinking about what they are saying. For you to make the comments & judgments that you made are proof of your elementary understanding of the spirit realm.

One thing I have seen, whenever someone who has doubts of these types of spiritual attacks is exposed to a manifestation, they become believers very quick.

What are you focused on?
5/13/17 5:54 pm

Post Re: Last Sunday a demon manifested & during the deliverance another person experienced an assault by satan Dean Steenburgh
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

Dean, I certainly believe the spirit world is a reality. I believe demonization is real. I have seen demonization firsthand, have personally witnessed demonization, have had a demon speak to me through a demonized person, and also witnessed the deliverance of such persons.

What I am having difficulty grasping is how a demon could overwhelm a key leader in your church, someone washed in the blood of Christ, full of the Holy Spirit, who is being exercised by a demon. You said she was "let go," implying the demon had control of her actions. You said she "came to her right mind" implying the demon had control of her mind.

Somewhat like Bro. James, I have been exposed to this type of spiritual activity for many years & through various demonic attacks but not to the same extent as BJ. I have spoken to several demons & through the power of the Holy Spirit delivered folks to spiritual freedom, but I have never seen such an event as I did last Sunday. Now BJ says he has seen such a thing as one who is saved become influenced or demonized momentarily & I accept his explanation.
The only thing I might have a little trouble with is I have witnessed people accept Jesus as Savior & make Him their Lord & days later seen them or literally watched them be delivered from demon possession, sometimes violent possession at that. So I do believe that a person who is saved can be possessed but I know that I know that the demon has to go because nobody can serve 2 masters.
Some have said, 'well the person wasn't saved then' but I cannot judge that in the spirit because I have witnessed the physical change post salvation. Additionally there was not the typical abrupt moment when she was delivered as there typically is when someone is literally possessed. I think she was attacked & the demon had nowhere to go once it found she was covered.

1. How does a demon/evil spirit/etc. gain instantaneous (or as you said, "suddenly") control over one in whom the Spirit of God dwells? Can a demon do this at will to a believer?
Not at will they cannot!
I believe that due to ancestral oaths & covenants people can be possessed. I witnessed one young lady be delivered only for the demon to say it was there the day she was born & it had been in her family for 7 generations, actually claiming that it was granted access through a blood covenant that would allow occupancy for many generations.

2. Does the Holy Spirit just say, "Come on in devil, there's room for both of us in here?"
Of course not Smile

3. Could this have been a generational curse attacking the "key leader" because of something her great-great-grandmother was involved in?
Could have been something like that but her best friend who is very odd & doesn't like being around our church has a strange obsession with palm readers & astrology.

4. What does the Bible mean when it says "Greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world?

5. Is there any validity to the statement "Sin shall not have dominion over you?"
In all honesty, spiritual dominion and attacks are 2 totally different worlds. One is a temporary moment & the other is for life. But even though we have spiritual freedom & power over the enemy it doesn't keep him from attacking.
One thing for sure, when people are struggling within the confines of a spiritual attack I dare not take it lightly nor do I try to reason with it as though it has no power.

#PerplexedinPikeville
#KonfusedinKentucky

What are you focused on?
5/13/17 6:23 pm

Post Oh and BTW brotherjames
The book, Pigs in the Parlour is one worst examples of hogwash ever perpetrated on well-meaning godly people. I witnessed such nonsense of vomiting demons into paper bags and the whole "deliverance" ministries of the 80's etc. 99% of the time there were no demons, just flesh and the so-called deliverance ministers were Charlatans and stupid people deceived by nonsense. I saw people delivered of the "spirit of popcorn" one night. My wife who is the most right on prophetic person I know said afterwards God told her the "emperors new clothes" about what we had witnessed. Just as the emperor never had any clothes on when lied to by his tailors neither had these people any demons.

But, that doesn't mean there aren't demons in people, in our churches or in this world. I have fought against the real deal and won by His Spirit and thru His power. In fact, I have often thought if a real demon had ever truly manifested against some of that bunch they would have been like the 7 sons of sceva. They would have been beaten bloody. When you are dealing with the demonic it is best not to treat it like a joke and if you're not ready (this kind cometh not out but by prayer and fasting) you'd best not try exorcism.
Acts-celerater
5/13/17 7:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic