Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Holiness and women's attire
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Holiness and women's attire Charles Page
now that the picture has been removed of a COG lady what is the standard of dress? How should a lady on the stage/platform dress? What is appropriate or inappropriate dress?

Was the lady's dress inappropriate? Are there any standards?
5/11/17 9:04 pm

Post Cojak
I am lost as to removal, etc. But modest dress varies with many folk. I do not like pictures showing measurements of skirt lengths, sleeve lengths, sleeves/no sleeves etc.

Today many holiness women, good folk will wear a bathing suit in public at the beach. I can remember when folk went in the ocean fully dressed less shoes. I bet we were a sight. I was fully clothed my first swim in the Ocean.

I think most women of God can tell the difference in 'Suggestive garb' and stylish clothes.

WE must always decide what women should were it seems. Wheterh it be clothes or jewelry. Sad

We get sorta Muslim at times. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/11/17 10:10 pm

Post Cojak
OKAY, now that I have perused the list I see your post on women pastors has been removed, I don't know why,
Were they pastors? Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/11/17 10:13 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Holiness is not something you do...it's something you are.

And the only way to be holy is through the blood of Jesus.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/11/17 11:12 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I don't know how one can come up with a specific dress code from the New Testament. One does indeed find modesty and moderation mentioned in the New Testament, but beyond that, there is not much to go on except culture and tradition. Quite frankly, it is not clear at all that, say, a woman dressed in Amish garb or in a burqa or a nun's habit is somehow necessarily more holy in dress than a woman wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 12:24 am

Post Re: Holiness and women's attire Old Time Country Preacher
Charles Page wrote:
How should a lady on the stage/platform dress?

Cordin to Pastor & Chaplin, Robert Randolph, in a lounge/recliner chair an a cigar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151008268072521&set=o.266780153413355&type=3
Acts-pert Poster
5/12/17 3:01 am

Post bonnie knox
Sometimes I get a chuckle out of the Google ads that appear on these threads.
The one that was just listed said "Bright & Cute Yoga Pants--Perfect Workout Accessories. Smooth moisture-wicking compression fabric designed for athletic core support." Smile

Last edited by bonnie knox on 5/12/17 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 8:15 am

Post Holiness believers ridiculed Charles Page
This is what liberals see and hear when the subject of how COG women should dress. If you bring up old time holiness this is what you get by the progressive sanctified crowd.

Moderators should delete this Assembly clip as inappropriate.
5/12/17 8:16 am

Post bonnie knox
Aren't you supposed to be rejoicing about the ridicule inasmuch as it is an indication that you are the truly sanctified one--you know, just the persecution you endure and all that?
On the other hand, you could try to have a reasonable dialogue about the subject, which would mean looking at what scripture actually says and not spouting off prooftexts like a macaw.
Of course, I think if you really desired a reasonable discussion, you might have engaged with Cojak, Carolyn, or Quiet Wyatt, all of whom had serious responses.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 8:26 am

Post Holiness is not something you do...it's something you are. And the only way to be holy is through the blood of Jesus. Charles Page
Is there scriptural support for that?
5/12/17 8:40 am

Post Aren't you supposed to be rejoicing about the ridicule Charles Page
absolutely, I rejoice when I am ridiculed and am counted worthy to serve our wonderful Lord and Savior!
5/12/17 8:43 am

Post Re: Holiness is not something you do...it's something you are. And the only way to be holy is through the blood of Jes Charles Page
Charles Page wrote:

Holiness is a synergistic work of the child of God's faith/obedience with the Word and the Spirit. The Holy Spirit responds when the "saved" stand in the faith. Eternal life, (justification, calling and glorification) flows from the "a priori" work of God from above.

Sanctification and holiness are subsequent works to regeneration/justification. Our outward adornment is a reflection of our inner beauty. It reflects the heart of the born again.

It does not occur automatically, Bonnie, but is the working of our faith.
5/12/17 9:05 am

Post Re: Holiness is not something you do...it's something you are. And the only way to be holy is through the blood of Jes bonnie knox
Charles Page wrote:

There is NO OTHER way besides the blood of Jesus that we can become holy. The old covenant was full of rules and sacrifices, but never sufficient to make us holy. Jesus became the perfect sacrifice. Through him we are become, according to 1 Peter 2:5 and 1 Peter 2:9 a holy priesthood and a holy nation. In Romans 11:16, Paul speaks of how the Gentile believers are grafted in to the tree by belief in Christ. The Israelites are the holy root and the Gentile believers are grafted in as holy branches.
Ephesians 1:3-5 ties our holiness to the adoption we have through Christ. Ephesians 5:25-27 and Colossians 1:21-23 tie our holiness to the sacrifice of Christ.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 9:08 am

Post Re: Aren't you supposed to be rejoicing about the ridicule bonnie knox
Charles Page wrote:
absolutely, I rejoice when I am ridiculed and am counted worthy to serve our wonderful Lord and Savior!

Just make sure that you aren't being ridiculed for being ridiculous.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 9:09 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Charles, where in the New Testament do you find a specific dress code? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 9:19 am

Post Charles Page
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Charles, where in the New Testament do you find a specific dress code?

Rom 12:2; I Thess 5:22,23; Phil 4:8; I Peter 3:3-5
5/12/17 10:02 am

Post c6thplayer1
bonnie knox wrote:
Sometimes I get a chuckle out of the Google ads that appear on these threads.
The one that was just listed said "Bright & Cute Yoga Pants--Perfect Workout Accessories. Smooth moisture-wicking compression fabric designed for athletic core support." Smile

I use Add remover for google Chrome and bingo , no more adds on acts.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/12/17 10:07 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Charles Page wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Charles, where in the New Testament do you find a specific dress code?

Rom 12:2; I Thess 5:22,23; Phil 4:8; I Peter 3:3-5

Thanks for responding.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Thess 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I of course agree 100% with the scriptural truths that we must abstain from all appearance of evil, be sanctified entirely, that we must be transformed by the renewing of our mind instead of being conformed to the world. How do you get a specific dress code from these verses though?

Phil. 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Again, I agree completely with what the scriptures say about what we should think on, conform our thoughts to, etc. But a specific dress code as such is simply not in this particular verse.

1 Pet. 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

Okay, finally we have here a verse which speaks to how women should adorn themselves. Since "the putting on of apparel," is specifically what you seem most concerned with regarding CoG women today, we should try to focus on that I think. We of course know the inspired apostle was not forbidding the plaiting of hair or wearing of gold, any more than he was forbidding putting on of apparel. What he is saying, as he makes clear in verses 4 and 5 is, that women should have a meek and quiet spirit (i.e., the fruit of the Holy Spirit) as their very most important adornment, something that is absolutely PRECIOUS in the sight of God. But again, no specific dress code as such is found in this passage, either.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/17 11:10 am

Post that women should have a meek and quiet spirit Charles Page
having a meek and quiet spirit is an imposition from men to their women!

the result of this imposition is our modern feminist movement within the COG

most meekness and quietness is pretentious much more than the outward adornment. Modern hypocrisy exceeds the old COG's hypocrisy.

It is all about the hearts and the ears and uncircumcised hearts and ears abound in the Church. Hardness and resisting the Holy Ghost!
5/12/17 11:27 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
What if a woman doesn't have a husband to be in subjection to...does 1 Peter 3:5 give her a pass to wear anything she pleases then?
5/12/17 12:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic