Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does God get angry at you for sinning?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does God get angry at you for sinning? bradfreeman
What scriptures indicate He does and how do you reconcile them with the scriptures below?

Here are few scriptures that seem to indicate He doesn't:

Rom 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, [a]we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rom 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved [f]by His life.

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, [t]expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

Acts 15:16 In the generations gone by He permitted all the nations to go their own ways; 17 and yet He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good and gave you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
5/5/17 10:06 am

Post Cojak
I believe the word would be disappointed, if anything. We are His children and if we do not obey his teaching and directives, I think He is disappointed. Especially after He sacrificed His Son.

But God can get angry. He did in the OT a couple times. I did get angry at my sons at times, but I was wrong. The Scripture says He is a much better Father than I could ever be, so I think He would not get ANGRY with me or His other children, including you... Wink

BTW I ain't smart enough to explain or argue scripture, so I will not use each scripture, just accept them and try to live the best I can. I have a loving Father, and I appreciate it. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/5/17 12:06 pm

Post Charles Page
our non-confessed sins should produce in us a fearful looking of judgement and fiery indignation. We may reach a point where there is no more sacrifice for sins. I believe a saved man can reach that point. I believe, generally,
these experience a premature death.
5/5/17 12:45 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Cojak wrote:
I believe the word would be disappointed, if anything. We are His children and if we do not obey his teaching and directives, I think He is disappointed. Especially after He sacrificed His Son.

But God can get angry. He did in the OT a couple times. I did get angry at my sons at times, but I was wrong. The Scripture says He is a much better Father than I could ever be, so I think He would not get ANGRY with me or His other children, including you... Wink

BTW I ain't smart enough to explain or argue scripture, so I will not use each scripture, just accept them and try to live the best I can. I have a loving Father, and I appreciate it. Cool

Once again ... Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/5/17 3:35 pm

Post bradfreeman
Charles Page wrote:
our non-confessed sins should produce in us a fearful looking of judgement and fiery indignation. We may reach a point where there is no more sacrifice for sins. I believe a saved man can reach that point. I believe, generally,
these experience a premature death.
Is there a passage that has you believing this?

Acts-dicted
5/6/17 6:48 am

Post diakoneo
What about:

Joh 2:14  And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: 
Joh 2:15  And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; 
Joh 2:16  And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. 
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/6/17 11:42 am

Post The COG Apostle
Angry enough to throw their butts into hell. Acts-celerater
5/6/17 12:03 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Ephesians 5:1Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them. NASB
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/17 12:25 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Heb 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. NASB

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+10&version=NASB

The above is in fact the NASB, according to biblegateway.com

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/8/17 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/17 12:43 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Romans 2:3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. NASB

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+2&version=NASB

Again, according to the above website, what I originally quoted was in fact the NASB.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 5/8/17 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/6/17 12:47 pm

Post Is there a passage that has you believing this? _________________ Charles Page
Hebrews 10
5/6/17 12:51 pm

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Ephesians 5:1Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.
5For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7Therefore do not be partners with them. NASB

This is the NASB. Your using the NIV.

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; 2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

3 But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints; 4 and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them;

Acts-dicted
5/8/17 7:37 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Heb 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. NASB

NASB, not NIV.

Heb. 10:26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Acts-dicted
5/8/17 7:39 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Romans 2:3But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God. NASB

Again, you're using the NIV, not NASB. Do you think the passages you pasted indicate that God is angry with the believer when He sins? Or is He at peace with the believer as it says in Romans 5:1?

Rom 2:2 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

Acts-dicted
5/8/17 7:41 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

This is the NASB. Your using the NIV.

Apparently I did unintentionally attribute the above passage to the NASB. Thank you for pointing that out. According to biblegateway.com, however, the other passages I quoted were in fact from the NASB. In either case, the meaning of the above passages does not materially differ from the NIV to the NASB, as far as I can tell.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/17 9:22 am

Post c6thplayer1
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I think this is talking about those who continue to sin and offer sacrifices after they have heard the truth about Jesus and what he has done for us QW.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/8/17 6:25 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I think this is talking about those who continue to sin and offer sacrifices after they have heard the truth about Jesus and what he has done for us QW.

In verses 28 and 29, the inspired writer compares the punishments for breaking the Old Covenant versus the New, and speaks of the more severe punishment one is worthy of for breaking the New Covenant. It speaks of those who have regarded as unclean the blood of the (new) covenant by which he was sanctified, and how the apostate has insulted the Spirit of grace. So to say this passage is only speaking in reference to those who never were saved to begin with simply does not fit with what the passage itself says.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/17 10:11 pm

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
In verses 28 and 29, the inspired writer compares the punishments for breaking the Old Covenant versus the New, and speaks of the more severe punishment one is worthy of for breaking the New Covenant. It speaks of those who have regarded as unclean the blood of the (new) covenant by which he was sanctified, and how the apostate has insulted the Spirit of grace. So to say this passage is only speaking in reference to those who never were saved to begin with simply does not fit with what the passage itself says.

Unbelief is the sin that keeps us out of life and peace and brings wrath, judgment, condemnation and death. See Heb 3,4.

The punishment is not for those who break the new covenant, it's for those who reject the new covenant (in this case Hebrews struggling with persecution and tradition - see Heb 10:32-39) and refuse to enter into rest because of unbelief.

The whole world had it's sin taken away at the cross. No one's sin was left out. As the inspired writer says in verse 10 and in Hebrews 9:26, Jesus "sanctified" us all at the cross and put away sin. That's why Peter "should not call any man unholy or unclean" (Acts 10:28)...because what God has cleansed, we should no longer call unclean (Acts 10:15).

When a person goes on sinning willfully (continues in unbelief) and treats the blood that the writer has been describing throughout Heb 10 as unclean (human blood is unclean under the law), he rejects the sanctification and reconciliation that are his in Christ and finds himself with no more sacrifice to atone for his sin.

Any scripture about God being angry with those who, because they are justified by faith, have peace with God?

Acts-dicted
5/9/17 8:20 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
The Hebrews 10 passage is quite clear that if WE (New Covenant believers) go on deliberately sinning, the fury of fire which will consume the enemies of God awaits us, the apostate just the same as the unbeliever. That is, unless one presupposes a 'once justified, perpetually unconditionally justified' and 'once at peace, forever unconditionally at peace' stance. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/9/17 9:55 am

Post bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
The Hebrews 10 passage is quite clear that if WE (New Covenant believers) go on deliberately sinning, the fury of fire which will consume the enemies of God awaits us, the apostate just the same as the unbeliever. That is, unless one presupposes a 'once justified, perpetually unconditionally justified' and 'once at peace, forever unconditionally at peace' stance.

I see your position. I just don't think you are viewing the passage in context...unless the sin you refer to is unbelief.

Heb 10:38 But My righteous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

No, the sin the writer is referring to is not subscribing to HBO, it's falling back into unbelief and willfully persisting in it.

Do you believe any willful continuous mark-missing (sin) will cause a believer to go to Hell?

Acts-dicted
5/9/17 10:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic