Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has The Roman Catholic Church Damaged Christianity around the World

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Has The Roman Catholic Church Damaged Christianity around the World MI6
Has The Roman Catholic Church Damaged Christianity around the World ?

Does the world have a view that all of Christianity is like the Roman Catholic church?

Has the Catholic Church teachings and influence hindered the efforts of
Evangelical Christians? If so, how?
Friendly Face
4/2/17 8:34 am

Post Re: Has The Roman Catholic Church Damaged Christianity around the World Resident Skeptic
MI6 wrote:
Has The Roman Catholic Church Damaged Christianity around the World ?

Does the world have a view that all of Christianity is like the Roman Catholic church?

Has the Catholic Church teachings and influence hindered the efforts of
Evangelical Christians? If so, how?

It does seem to make evangelism in Mexico proceed at a slower pace than in other Latin American countries. In Mexico, Catholicism has more to do with one's national identity and patriotism than other places. It's almost as if renouncing Catholicism is like renouncing being Mexican in the eyes of the populace, even though most Mexican Pentecostals I know are very proud of their heritage.
4/2/17 1:39 pm

Post interesting wayne
I just read this post and literally one of my members send this email to me regarding her Catholic upbringing:
BUT............. that is EXACTLY what I used to believe!! Well, before I got saved and started to read the Bible and go to Sunday school, I didn't understand much at all about Jesus. I didn't have Sunday school, I didn't have any type of Bible study, and the priest's short, little, dry, boring, "over my head" sermonette didn't teach me ANYTHING about Jesus.
I only knew that "Jesus died for our sins"-- something that was just told, but not explained. And I knew the Catholic prayers, the sacraments, the "Holy Days", rules about going to "Confession", the rules and regulations of the ceremony of receiving your "First Communion", and rote answers to Catholic religious questions-- "Catechism".
I KNEW how to make up sins when going to "Confession". I said the same sins all the time: "Father [the priest], forgive me for I have sinned... (something like): "I disobeyed my parents, I said a cuss word, and I told a lie." Then the priest would say something about my "sins", and then he'd give me my "penance"--my punishment: to say 2 "Hail Mary's" and 1 "Our Father", and then I'd be forgiven.
BUT...... I didn't truly understand sin, forgiveness, repentance, or ANYTHING about Jesus. I only remember learning about "The mean and all-powerful Gawd"! And that I had better NOT cross Him or I'd be doomed to hell (or purgatory).
How I WISH that I had been told about JESUS and who He truly is! I would have loved and benefited greatly by hearing about Jesus' true love (of sinners and all people). I would have loved knowing about The Kind & Accepting & Loving Jesus.
But I didn't. I wasn't told.
I was preached AT and taught to repeat Catholic doctrine, BUT I wasn't given the true Jesus--the One who came to earth to die for our sins so that we could spend eternity with Him BECAUSE
HE
LOVES
US
!!!!!
(Maybe that's why I have an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT time understanding and believing that God loves me!!
I only see God as "the Big Bad One Up There"!
----------
The Catholic Church is REALLY missing it. They're wasting the time of the people. They're not teaching that God doesn't want us to sin, or that He won't TOLERATE sin!! They don't teach about how to get right with God.
They don't EXPLAIN Jesus. They don't SHOW Jesus.

I just want to SCREAM when I think of what Catholics are taught by the "religious leaders and teachers of the law"!!
And I'm SO GRATEFUL for Christians who teach/preach about Jesus and explain how to get right with God!
Acts Enthusiast
4/3/17 8:01 am

Post Link
Has the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement done the same? What about WOFers?
4/3/17 9:35 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Yes
4/4/17 4:45 pm

Post Cojak
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Yes

Short and to the point, and I agree that is concerning Link's comment. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/4/17 4:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic