Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Alabama COG Pastors are very upset
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post UncleJD
Anyone else notice there are about 5 or more new pen-names in the last few days, all making similar posts? Welcome aboard sir! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/5/17 8:12 am

Post Jason Justus
Should we be reminded I'll put it in KJV so we can all see it...Then in NLT...

Romans 13:1-3 (KJV) = Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

Romans 13:1-3 (NLT) = Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you.[i]

Now I'll let the Word of God calm the masses in here and in Alabama and I have a TON of Pastor friends in Alabama, a ton! Matter of fact I miss all of those pastor friends... However, I was leaving N. Rome COG as Youth Pastor and a Council in another state was wanting me as there pastor and this was one of the top facilities in the state. The problem? Finances were so bad that when the SAB at that time wasn't aware of everything that this church was behind on "nor" the members... However, I was ready and so was my family... I felt I could've brought the church out with God's help because I "KNEW" people in this area and "KNEW" what would happen in this city. However, the Bishop had a meeting on a Wednesday night and told the church there's no way you can afford a pastor, no way... 2 of the council men stood up and said they wanted "US"... The Bishop at the time said he has a family there's no money so what we are going to do is join to churches to try and save this church. Sad to say I didn't get this church that was actually a dream opportunity for me or really anyone with all the facilities they had. As I talked to the Bishop that night and as he explained the situation I took it as Romans 13:1-3...

Now I'll let the Word of God calm the masses in here and in Alabama and I have a TON of Pastor friends in Alabama, a ton! Matter of fact I miss all those pastor friends... However, I was leaving N. Rome COG as Youth Pastor and a Council in another state was wanting me as their pastor and this was one of the top facilities in the state. The problem? Finances were so bad that when the SAB at that time wasn't aware of everything that this church was behind on "nor" the members... However, I was ready and so was my family... I felt I could've brought the church out with God's help because I "KNEW" people in this area and "KNEW" what would happen in this city. However, the Bishop had a meeting on a Wednesday night and told the church there's no way you can afford a pastor, no way... 2 of the council men stood up and said they wanted "US"... The Bishop at the time said he has a family there's no money so what we are going to do is join to churches to try and save this church. Sad to say I didn't get this church that was a dream opportunity for my wife and I or really anyone with all the facilities they had. As I talked to the Bishop that night and as he explained the situation I took it as Romans 13:1-3...

Did THE PEOPLE vote for President Donald J. Trump or was he appointed by God? Did the PEOPLE vote for former President Barack H. Obama or did God appoint? We are used to a DEMOCACY but that was never God's intentions. However, we must believe that "What happens is 'Gods Will' in our lives, sorry.... I just believe this" and it hurts sometimes trust me"... Have I been passed by? Yes, I have... Does it hurt? Yes, it does! Would I love to be someone that every pastor loves to be around? Yes, I do... But I must remember that being a pastor, preacher, shepherd, was never about me but about Him... I love where I'm at and the "EXCITEMENT" that's in my County over our CHURCH....Love MY Church, I truly do... I know for a FACT I'm right where I'm supposed to be for this "SEASON" of my life, and I love it. But I'll say this the CHURCH at Pathway wanted only one person and that was Pastor Travis who is doing a FINE job there... And that pastor that's at Griffin Is a great man, friend, and an awesome Man of God. Love Gary & Penny Taylor!

I've noticed that some pastor's personalities didn't mix with their congregations but I can tell you my friend David Smith at Oak Park, Travis Johnson at Pathway, and Gary Taylor at Griffin all their Personalities are PERFECT for those churches and the type of pastor's they are fit the churches as well... I take it as "God APPOINTED" them because He knew they would continue the fine work of the previous pastor's!

Well Done God, Well Done!

I'm not throwing Shade on the Pastor's that are hurt, but showing my perspective on this situation... Because I know what it's like to be turned down from something that you see and dream of for 2 weeks and not get it! If our steps are ordered by the Lord shouldn't we um well believe that? Psalms 37:23...

[/u]
4/5/17 8:22 am

Post I'm not clear on what you're saying bonnie knox
Are you implying that despite the fact that Obama and Trump were duly elected by the people in our democratic republic, they were really only appointed by God who incidentally wasn't powerful enough to keep us from coming up with the democratic republic in the first place?

Quote:
Did THE PEOPLE vote for President Donald J. Trump or was he appointed by God? Did the PEOPLE vote for former President Barack H. Obama or did God appoint? We are used to a DEMOCACY but that was never God's intentions. However, we must believe that "What happens is 'Gods Will' in our lives, sorry....
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/17 9:10 am

Post Re: I'm not clear on what you're saying UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:
Are you implying that despite the fact that Obama and Trump were duly elected by the people in our democratic republic, they were really only appointed by God who incidentally wasn't powerful enough to keep us from coming up with the democratic republic in the first place?

Gotta love Calvinists. Obama, Hitler, Stalin. Communism, Capitalism, democracy, dictatorship, Islamic terror, all the same
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/5/17 9:26 am

Post Jason Justus
I'm saying what Romans 13 says. New Member
4/5/17 9:30 am

Post Re: I'm not clear on what you're saying Jason Justus
UncleJD wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:

Gotta love Calvinists. Obama, Hitler, Stalin. Communism, Capitalism, democracy, dictatorship, Islamic terror, all the same

You ever read Under Cover by john Bevere? I suggest you do so... It is an amazing read very eye opening.
4/5/17 9:31 am

Post UncleJD
Quote:
3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.

Would that hold true for governments of man? Tiberius? Pol Pot? Mao? Hitler? Stalin? What about these?

Quote:
they were put to death by stoning; they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated

Then I'd suggest these rulers are spiritual authorities.

Sorry to go OT, this is interesting though, maybe you should make a new thread on it. Its been debated enough I'd guess, but its always interesting to see people in a predominantly Wesleyan Armenian denomination espouse 5-point Calvinist theology.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/5/17 9:43 am

Post Re: Alabama COG Pastors are very upset bradfreeman
MI6 wrote:
Alabama COG Pastors are very upset And this is why. Over the last 8 years the top churches in the state have been filled with out of state men, and 2 of those churches have been filled twice with an out of state pastor. A scandal at a south Alabama church was covered up and an out of state pastor was brought in to replace the disgraced former pastor.

In return, not 1 pastor from Alabama has been offered a church in the various states where the out of state pastors came from.

It is being said that many pastors will boycott camp meeting this year but it is to early to see if this will hold true.

One thing appears to be certain and that is many pastors are expressing that they feel hurt and neglected.

Climbers feeling neglected. Looking for quid pro quo (something "in return").

Don't they love their current sheep? Sort of? Or do they prefer position over people? Hirelings?

So "out of state" COG pastors should be at the back of the line because of a geographic or political border? I must have overlooked the scripture for this, can you help me find it?

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
4/5/17 10:05 am

Post bonnie knox
Jason Justus wrote:
I'm saying what Romans 13 says.

I get a niggling feeling you might be misapplying it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/17 11:58 am

Post J David Smith
My experience since being back in Alabama has been very positive. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the good people at Oak Park as pastor. We are experiencing good growth and momentum. I have never felt more confident about God's will for my life.

When we felt the Lord releasing us to come to Oak Park, we were pastoring a great church in North Georgia. I was serving on the state council, had great relationships that we had built with our peers in North Georgia, had expanded a television ministry that was going into 8 million homes, and lived less than 2.5 hours from all three of my children. We had been presented a couple of opportunities prior to the general assembly that we did not believe to be God's will. When we made ourselves available to go to Oak Park, we were presented to the leadership of the church, along with other candidates from Alabama. It was very important for me that God confirm clearly that it was His will for us to leave the congregation that we loved and had worked very hard to lead through a challenging time, to move 5 hours farther away from my children, leave behind the television ministry that we had worked very hard to establish, and resign from the council that my peers had elected me to. He confirmed His will to us in very clear and supernatural ways. The congregation very clearly affirmed that they desired us to be their pastors. I am honored and humbled by that.

I am genuinely sorry that any pastor would feel slighted or overlooked by our returning to the state where I began my ministry. I assure you that, in my situation, my desire is to be in God's perfect will. I am confident that I am. I am very humbled and inspired by the great things that are happening at Oak Park. It is really an exciting time! I am very thankful for the kind reception that has been given to me by the wonderful ministers of Alabama.

It may be important to note that three of the larger churches in North Georgia were also filled with out of state men as the result of some of the transitions that are mentioned in this thread (South Georgia, Michigan, and Alabama).
Friendly Face
4/5/17 10:16 pm

Post Cojak
J David Smith wrote:
My experience since being back in Alabama has been very positive. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the good people at Oak Park as pastor. We are experiencing good growth and momentum. I have never felt more confident about God's will for my life.

When we felt the Lord releasing us to come to Oak Park, we were pastoring a great church in North Georgia. I was serving on the state council, had great relationships that we had built with our peers in North Georgia, had expanded a television ministry that was going into 8 million homes, and lived less than 2.5 hours from all three of my children. We had been presented a couple of opportunities prior to the general assembly that we did not believe to be God's will. When we made ourselves available to go to Oak Park, we were presented to the leadership of the church, along with other candidates from Alabama. It was very important for me that God confirm clearly that it was His will for us to leave the congregation that we loved and had worked very hard to lead through a challenging time, to move 5 hours farther away from my children, leave behind the television ministry that we had worked very hard to establish, and resign from the council that my peers had elected me to. He confirmed His will to us in very clear and supernatural ways. The congregation very clearly affirmed that they desired us to be their pastors. I am honored and humbled by that.

I am genuinely sorry that any pastor would feel slighted or overlooked by our returning to the state where I began my ministry. I assure you that, in my situation, my desire is to be in God's perfect will. I am confident that I am. I am very humbled and inspired by the great things that are happening at Oak Park. It is really an exciting time! I am very thankful for the kind reception that has been given to me by the wonderful ministers of Alabama.

It may be important to note that three of the larger churches in North Georgia were also filled with out of state men as the result of some of the transitions that are mentioned in this thread (South Georgia, Michigan, and Alabama).
Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/5/17 10:33 pm

Post caveator
J David Smith wrote:

Thank you! Is that the sound of a mic dropping?
Acts-celerater
4/5/17 11:15 pm

Post skinnybishop
J David Smith wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
4/7/17 1:17 pm

Post Grow up Dow Moses
Some post make you want to vomit. If guys want a bigger church then get out and build one. Reach the lost and build a church. I could not care less about the political garbage. Quit worrying about someone else's blessing and reach the lost. Return to your first Love.
4/9/17 11:20 pm

Post Re: Grow up roughridercog
Dow Moses wrote:
Some post make you want to vomit. If guys want a bigger church then get out and build one. Reach the lost and build a church. I could not care less about the political garbage. Quit worrying about someone else's blessing and reach the lost. Return to your first Love.

Saved me the trouble of saying it myself.
4/10/17 7:14 am

Post This is just stupid... Clint Wills
If the pastors in Alabama are upset that out-of-state guys are being placed, then they need to get over themselves. We aren't states, we aren't even denominations...we are a Kingdom - ONE KINGDOM!!!
I know that this thread was created before the bombing in Egypt, but this is still an incredible example of petty we have become in the American church. We'll get upset about who is pastoring which churches. The music is too loud, the temp is too hot - or cold...or BOTH on the same day! Meanwhile, in another part of the world 30+ Christians are killed in their place of worship.

Maybe some of those Alabama pastors that are angry need to go pastor a church in the Middle East for a bit...get some perspective.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/17 7:53 am

Post Belieber
Since when did one post from one thread hold all the pastors in Alabama hostage of its indictment?

This site is dumb and much of a waste of time.

Take care.
Hey, DOC
4/10/17 3:20 pm

Post georgiapath
It's easy to be happy if you have the church that you want, it's not that easy, if you don't have and can't get one that you want.

Kind of like surgery, it's minor if it's someone else's, it's major if it's yours.
Acts-dicted
4/11/17 10:06 am

Post I'm not a pastor bamaboy
Just a question for those "upset" they don't have a large church. What do you consider success by, the size of the church you pastor or the numbers of lives changed and souls saved? Maybe you didn't get one of these because your view of success is skewed. I consider a successful church as being small. Small because it's members are hitting the streets and communities showing God's grace and love instead of sitting on pews. Member
4/11/17 1:44 pm

Post caveator
The original poster of this thread makes an ignorant statement and the entire thread is people disagreeing with his statement. Why is this a "sticky?" Acts-celerater
4/12/17 9:01 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic